• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Emotiva RMC-1 AV Processor Review

timg

A lot of the Emotivalounge discussion was non-productive and just served to muddy the issue. Emotions were running high on both sides. I don't blame them for locking the thread. It was time to analyze the problem and fix it- not to endlessly point fingers based on assumptions. I'm glad that this is exactly what happened behind the scenes and now there is a productive relationship that came out of it. For consumers/end users, this is a win.

Tim

RichB

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Will the panther get his head glued on? :)

- Rich

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Will the panther get his head glued on? :)

- Rich
Who knows, Rich. But at least I can give it my special "Pop-up Pink Panther" award.

Pink Panther Popup.gif

TommyTwoTone

P.S.
I hope we get a couple of features sooner rather than later:
- Linear Phase Filter Option to address the reconstruction filter measurements.
- Power On with Input Select (so I can program the remote macros's and get my family off my back) ;)

- Rich

Why can't you program your macro as an activity to send a power on command to all the devices you want to turn on and then select input appropriate for the activity (after a short pause)?

Lonnie

Audio Company
I'm not so sure about that. If this review was posted on the emotivalounge it would have likely been sanitized like all the commentary that was posted there after this review had come out. If you had limited your public response to acknowledging the review and promising to research its findings you had the same opportunity to improve your product and saved face. Instead you chose to censor your members/customers and jump on the defensive.

With all due respect, nothing was censored or deleted from the thread. I posted that we were digging into the findings. From that point on the post from both supporters and haters just made the whole thread useless, so it was closed. But nothing was censored or deleted.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
With all due respect, nothing was censored or deleted from the thread. I posted that we were digging into the findings. From that point on the post from both supporters and haters just made the whole thread useless, so it was closed. But nothing was censored or deleted.
I'd not categorise dissenting voices as ' haters ' in this context . It won't do you any favours.

Lonnie

Audio Company
I'd not categorise dissenting voices as ' haters ' in this context . It won't do you any favours.

Point well made. Their is a definite distinction between someone who is a "hater" and someone who simply has a dissenting opinion. I retract my previous statement.

markus

Addicted to Fun and Learning

"Supporters" and "haters", that's all you've seen?

By the way, giving "supporters" likes (which were nothing more than ad hominem attacks) didn't really help to make the thread more useful.

RichB

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Why can't you program your macro as an activity to send a power on command to all the devices you want to turn on and then select input appropriate for the activity (after a short pause)?

I prefer using low power mode and the delay is more than 1 minute.
I have a long select input macro and jump to device page for each device.
Power on input select allows the power with the input select so it will be correct on the input.

- Rich

doodlebro

"Supporters" and "haters", that's all you've seen?

By the way, giving "supporters" likes (which were nothing more than ad hominem attacks) didn't really help to make the thread more useful.

The funny thing is if you brought this up over there, they'd threaten to delete your posts :)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Let's put the past behind us folks. I and Emotiva team have done so. Let's look ahead to better collaboration in the future for development of better products.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
These are difficult things to manage , especially when you mix in online behaviours. Not everyone is cut out to represent companies ( even their own ) online , it's a skill to navigate these waters .

Managing the fall out of these reviews for both the audio companies and actually for ASR (and me) has been a real challenge at times .

Anyway I'd rather we keep to talking about the product rather than what's gone on elsewhere in other fora .

Cheers

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Let's put the past behind us folks. I and Emotiva team have done so. Let's look ahead to better collaboration in the future for development of better products.
Ha ha you beat me to it ( shame you weren't so quick on the draw with the iPod) and in one short paragraph.

I guess that's (having) a education for you lol

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Is it reasonable that enabling Dolby upmixing would reintroduce the same jitter back into the signal path? Was that scenario tested?
Unknown. This unit is packed and ready to go to its owner. So perhaps Emotiva folks can investigate since they can replicate the problem now.

miike888

i agree!

BTW Amir did you mention to them that BM is not right implemented on their previous products with Dirac?;)

//Mike

Spocko

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Of course it was - no denying that. But many business managers and leaders (and one-person audio outfits) then get into a positive feedback loop that prevents them from changing course back to being professional - which Is what I meant with my "wallow" comment.

And that is why I am impressed by both Emotiva and Schiit. Plus, such a turnaround can be good for business. When I examine my own current emotions, both of those brands rate more highly in my opinion than before the testing and the initial reactions to the results. Even though I might never own a product from either company, I won't hesitate to suggest that people consider them.
I'm also hearing that Monoprice is looking into the HTP1 measurements raised by ASR and will be implementing their update accordingly as well.

Lonnie

Audio Company
Is it reasonable that enabling Dolby upmixing would reintroduce the same jitter back into the signal path? Was that scenario tested?

It only shows up with 2 channel audio. The reason it didn't show up is the Dolby certs require the up mixer to be tested with a multi-channel input and it does not exhibit the same behavior. It's nice and clean.

TommyTwoTone

At some point one of the threads I was following there vaporized. Perhaps there were multiple threads on the topic and the mods did some housekeeping.

Top Bottom