• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dirac/Atmos upfiring target + MultEQ-X question

In my system the best target for my Atmos-enabled upfiring speakers is:

• Same full-range curve as my base layer speakers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Curve replicating Fig 3 of the patent

• Other

• Total voters

MartinS

Hello, I am also completly new to Dirac and read this conversation because I was also thinking that correcting the upfiring Atmos speakers to flat by Dirac will destroy HRTF. I assume that after Flak explained that Dirac measurement will not "see" the applied dolby atmos coloration filter for upfiring speakers - we don't worry about it any more. The only problem for now is adjusting the timing? And we should do it more or less like GXAlan explained?

OP
G

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello, I am also completly new to Dirac and read this conversation because I was also thinking that correcting the upfiring Atmos speakers to flat by Dirac will destroy HRTF. I assume that after Flak explained that Dirac measurement will not "see" the applied dolby atmos coloration filter for upfiring speakers - we don't worry about it any more. The only problem for now is adjusting the timing? And we should do it more or less like GXAlan explained?

I actually have discovered a way to send a REW sweep to the upfiring Atmos speakers. I will try to run some experiments tomorrow if I have a chance.

mishmushkela

Now there was an update to Dirac, that you can use bass control on Denon with Dirac Live. Unfortunately, i cant change the delay or speaker volume in the avr no more. Is there a way to do this in Dirac?

Edit:
Found the post with the same problem, I like the sound with bass management more, but would like to have the possibility to change the time alignment.

And I found this on there webiste

So Dirac is able to measure atmos upfiring speakers and we dont need to do anything?!?

Last edited:
Top Bottom