• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dirac Live Stereo 2.0 (Mixing application) Please Help

D

Deleted member 48726

Thank you so much Anthony for you awesome info and suggestions.

I have another question Guys.

It make sense or not to keep the Chair while taking measurements? as anyway is there when I am mixing...what is the opinion about this?

I am loving this Forum.

Any of you checked Trinnov?
I'd say it depends on the size of the chair. I mean if your head and body is covering the surface on the chair when you sit, what benefit would it have to have the chair? If it's a large chair with a lot of cushioning I would let it be as it's an essential part of the room acoustics.

OP
AmielMix

AmielMix

I used a few test audio tracks that give a known 3D soundstage to set up my speakers at ear height. Once I was convinced the distance between the speaker was just wide enough and a perfectly centered lisening position, I then use Dirac.
It took me weeks to get the setup right before I was happy to use the Dirac treatment.

Hi Anthony, I remember there are some test for speaker placement.. can you tell me which one do you recommend?

Thanks

BJL

Thank you so much Anthony for you awesome info and suggestions.

I have another question Guys.

It make sense or not to keep the Chair while taking measurements? as anyway is there when I am mixing...what is the opinion about this?

I am loving this Forum.

Any of you checked Trinnov?
When I take Dirac measurements, I leave the chair in the room at the listening position. I also leave me in the room, on the chair, in the listening position. I hold the mic in my hand and take the measurements, holding the mic up, down, to the sides etc. Dirac then measures the whole room, including me and my chair. No mic stand, no fuss or muss. I like the results. Others may disagree, but it works for me. I try not to over think this subject, make things easy.

Anthony LoFi

Yes mate, its the Chesky test disc, see below.
There is a track that demonstrates the ability of a sound moving around the listening position and several height tests.
Many expensive studio systems I have played them on don't cut it!
I think you can still buy it online.
I also use a known high quality CD, Roger Waters "Amused to Death" as it has many "sounds" appearing behind the listening position also but you may have your own known HQ examples of this.

Hope this helps.:)

Attachments

• IMG_1097.JPG
    IMG_1097.JPG
    339.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1098.JPG
    IMG_1098.JPG
    266 KB · Views: 33
OP
AmielMix

AmielMix

When I take Dirac measurements, I leave the chair in the room at the listening position. I also leave me in the room, on the chair, in the listening position. I hold the mic in my hand and take the measurements, holding the mic up, down, to the sides etc. Dirac then measures the whole room, including me and my chair. No mic stand, no fuss or muss. I like the results. Others may disagree, but it works for me. I try not to over think this subject, make things easy.
That make total sense , thank u

OP
AmielMix

AmielMix

Yes mate, its the Chesky test disc, see below.
There is a track that demonstrates the ability of a sound moving around the listening position and several height tests.
Many expensive studio systems I have played them on don't cut it!
I think you can still buy it online.
I also use a known high quality CD, Roger Waters "Amused to Death" as it has many "sounds" appearing behind the listening position also but you may have your own known HQ examples of this.

Hope this helps.:)
Thank you so much Anthony!!

Top Bottom