• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Did you get vaccinated for Covid-19?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I registered my name with the Government Entity to be registered to their waiting list for them to set an appointment time so I can travel to the other side of town to the garage in a shopping mall (30 miles away) a week or so ago, waiting now to see if they ever respond, then yesterday my Primary Care doctor's office sent me an email that said they have doses for us "qualified folks", so I called, and they don't.

Audio Buddy got his shot at the mall recently.

Said he had never seen so many orange cones - used to create driving/waiting lanes in the mall parking lot, he estimated a mile as he drove through to the short line at the vaccination station.

He lives near that location, and said he had previously seen the line backed up to 56th street. So, two and a half miles plus the parking lot gymkhana to get a dose, for those who were desperate enough to get in that line.

1613609690709.png

"TAMPA, Fla. February 12, 2021 - There is once again chaos and long lines at Tampa’s University Mall COVID-19 vaccine site, one day after a massive turnout when workers say they were overwhelmed by seniors showing up for their second shot."

1613609947810.png

1613611304082.png

I'm in no hurry...

I see now the mall is in the process of being demolished to clear the way for "future redevelopment". It was built in 1974. That explains the otherwise empty parking lots.

Wow... reading this story - https://www.tampabay.com/news/healt...ion-at-university-mall-covid-19-vaccine-site/

Last edited:

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
My age group isn't eligible quite yet. Haven't even looked into it yet.

Old Listener

I tested positive 2 weeks ago. I had diarrhea for 3 days, and was maybe a bit more sore after my workouts. The food poisoning I got on my last visit to China was significantly worst.

My sister gave it to me, she had diarrhea, fatigue, and muscle soreness for a week prior.

My 62 year old mother caught it too. Same symptoms as my sister, recovered in 3 days.

I'm legitimately mad at what the world made covid out to be.

If you had been in the 2% who died, you would not be complaining.

kejar31

Work in healthcare and got my second vaccine on the 1st of this month.. Wife is a medic and is fully vaccinated as well.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

danzilla31

Forum Donor
I'm in healthcare so I got both doses of Pfizer. I hope I'm spelling it right :)

I had no issues with the first dose

2nd Dose on the 2nd day I had a fever and mild flu like symptoms but was symptom free by the 3rd day no issues after

My parents spend have the year with me and I'm really glad based on the work I do I did this

Wearing a mask 24/7 and staying upstairs was getting old. Feels good to spend time with them

Also my work had leftover doses and didnt want them to go to waste and told us to bring in family if they were a ceartin age or had at risk criteria. So both my parents got them too.

kejar31

I'm in healthcare so I got both doses of Pfizer. I hope I'm spelling it right :)

I had no issues with the first dose

2nd Dose on the 2nd day I had a fever and mild flu like symptoms but was symptom free by the 3rd day no issues after

My wife who also got the Pfizer shot had very mild flu like symptoms after her second shot

I got Moderna and after the second shot felt pretty sick on day 2, day 3 I was fine though. I had chills a fever and just felt exhausted.

wwenze

Major Contributor
Funny how it seems like the vaccine has a higher symptom rate than the actual virus, seeing how a large part possibly majority of exposures are asymptomatic. I blame placebo/confirmation-bias/sampling-bias i.e. many of us still go to work even when feeling mildly unwell hence not counting it as being sick.

But one can argue that the vaccine also has a higher chance of resulting in antibody production than exposure to the actual virus.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I tested positive 2 weeks ago. I had diarrhea for 3 days, and was maybe a bit more sore after my workouts. The food poisoning I got on my last visit to China was significantly worst.

My sister gave it to me, she had diarrhea, fatigue, and muscle soreness for a week prior.

My 62 year old mother caught it too. Same symptoms as my sister, recovered in 3 days.

I know 5 people who had it that survived and three that died. One of those three was very ill from other problems, but the other two were healthy. One was a 40 year old physical therapist who was basically a health nut. His disease went very wrong very quickly. The five who made it said it was not even like a bad flu. One of those was an otherwise healthy 87 year old woman. So clearly it varies.

I'm still not sure it was handled correctly and without over-reaction. I remember being castigated by a couple of members (who remain on my ignore list) because very early on I said it was lethal to apparently 2% of those who get it. That number has held up pretty much the whole time. And those 2% are predominantly older.

Old Listener

My wife and I are both in the 75+ category and live in the SF Bay area. We got the first round shot last Friday at the hospital near us. The process went quickly and smoothly since we pre-registered online. After the shot, we got appointments for the 2nd shot 3 weeks later.

Both the local hospital systems are managing vaccines for their patients. The county health dept. and two drugstore chains are doing vaccines too. I don't know how the process went if you used those other avenues to vaccination.

Last edited:

orangejello

Yeah right. “Thrice is always” holds up well in a mathematical proof. The fact that you think that your limited experience with this disease can be extrapolated into your last sentence is very sad state of affairs indeed. A half million dead in the USA alone - and these are often horrid deaths - speaks for itself. Maybe you ought to expand your personal experience a little by getting a job in an ICU before saying that you are “legitimately” mad.

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods
Did the rappel couple of weeks ago, Pfizer.

Worth mentioning that Israel is having about 9 mil. inhabitants, while USA, Russia, Canada are way bigger, so much more difficult to get people vaccinated. However, their Government and Health Care did mobilised quickly, so definitely the best country in the world for COVID-19 vaccination programme, good job there!

https://www.euronews.com/2021/02/17...in-europe-which-countries-are-leading-the-way - EU is not quite OK, so given the actual % of people vaccinated, some countries are estimated to finish the vaccination programme somewhere in December...2040. :(

Pieper

I live in the Netherlands here they vaccinate in a sequence only the sequence changes every day, the group who has the best lobby goes first. with the speed now we will be done in about 15 years.

NYfan2

Forum Donor
I notice that there is a big misconception on numbers and fatality rates. I saw someone mention that 2% of the people who get covid die, as far as I know this is not true. 2% of the people who get covid become ill. 98% has no or mild symptoms. The official fatality rate from the WHO is 0,23%. Over here in the Netherlands it's about 0,045%.

95% of the people who die from covid are over 65 years, so that's also the reason these people get vaccinated first.

Here in the Netherlands the vaccinations are a joke, the government can't get it organised, and from all countries in Europe there are 3 or so who do worse than the Netherlands.

DeLub

I have not been vaccinated yet, but my wife is as she's a health care employee.

It may not have been the intention of the OP to blow his own horn by claiming that Israel is already at 50%, but one thing that this pandemic is making again painfully clear is the injustice and inequality in this world: The wealthy countries are all working hard to get everyone vaccinated (Israel claims 50%, Canada bought enough vaccins to vaccinate the population more than once), while in other countries you may have to wait for over a year to get vaccinated. Only if you had the "bad fortune" to be born in Africa instead of the EU, you'll have to wait. I would suggested to start patting ourselves on the back only after the world's population has had to chance to get vaccinated. Let's rise our ambition and not constrain it to our own bubble.

Another troublesome point is that I believe Israel is not at 50%. I do not want to get into a geopolitical discussion about whose claim to what land is right (as this discussion is too complex and there probably isn't a reasoning that provides a 100% clear outcome), but de facto Israel has control over the West Bank and Gaza strip by occupying it and thus also subjecting the population to Israeli rules, regulation and laws. Again, not claiming wether this is justified or not, at least along with taking this control you also gain the moral responsibility to take care of the inhabitants of the occupied areas. This puts the number of inhabitants under the responsibility of the Israeli government to about 14 million, I think, of which about 4.5 million are vaccinated, which makes about one third and not 50%.

I admit this is still a very high number, but this illustrates my first point: If you happen to be born in an Israeli family living in the Gaza strip, you'll probably will be vaccinated very quickly. If you were born in an Palestinian neighbouring family, you'll have to wait for quite some time...

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I've had both my shot's (Pfizer) here in Florida.
No issues from either shot.
As to it's safety, who knows, a roll of the dice.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I admit this is still a very high number, but this illustrates my first point: If you happen to be born in an Israeli family living in the Gaza strip, you'll probably will be vaccinated very quickly. If you were born in an Palestinian neighbouring family, you'll have to wait for quite some time...
Not enough for the whole world at once so some have to wait longer than others.
Those nations whose people have worked the hardest and been the most prosperous can afford to pay up.
I don't see a problem, thanks just life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom