• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Did you get vaccinated for Covid-19?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris719

There's no long term data. Period. That may not worry you, and that's fine, but others may look at that differently and come to different conclusions for themselves.

That's not true. There is long term data. Your argument is equivalent to saying that because the antigen in the flu shot changes every year, we have no idea what next year's flu shot will do. I am telling you that there is quite a bit of data that indicates there will be no long term effects. Choosing to ignore that data does not make you right. There is rarely 100% certainty about anything in life.

The fact is, that there is an incredibly low probability of long term effects. No one can say it's 0%, nor is it 0% for simply walking out your door in the morning.

Wolven

Around 200M doses of mRNA vaccines have been given out already as of today. Nobody has died from it.

@BDWoody Please close this thread.

That is incorrect, people have died from it, not very many but they have.
Some have had serious side effects.

chris719

Citation needed. You claim people have died from the vaccine?

I believe he is actually correct. There have been a small number of people that have died shortly after receiving the vaccine in Europe. They were basically terminally ill / frail aged 80+ and should never have received the vaccine in the first place.

Every vaccine is immunogenic and these people were already so weak they couldn't handle it. It's really misrepresenting things to bring that up, though. These are people that had weeks to months to live anyway. They would have been killed by the pneumococcal pneumonia vaccine or Shingrix too, probably. These people wouldn't have fared any better with the actual virus, that's for sure.

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The link doesn't work for me. In 2019 did you need a passport to travel? I reckon the people who are suspicious of the vaccine are the last type of people who would want to travel anywhere.
It's my post #100, page 5.

Israel's public data shows that the vaccine is over 95% efficient.
Not only in Israel, but US and now Air-France will ask for such a passport.
In UK, they were already making the paper for such passport last October (Delarue).

It's not only about travelling, its' about going to restaurants, Theatres and Gyms aso.
You won't be able to escape it and politics and social pressure will do the rest.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
That's not true. There is long term data.

Since the disease itself is relatively new and the vaccine as well, I don't see that this is the case. Yes, the base technology has a history, but this specific one does not.

Wolven

I believe he is actually correct. There have been a small number of people that have died shortly after receiving the vaccine in Europe. They were basically terminally ill / frail aged 80+ and should never have received the vaccine in the first place.

Every vaccine is immunogenic and these people were already so weak they couldn't handle it. It's really misrepresenting things to bring that up, though. These are people that had weeks to months to live anyway. They would have been killed by the pneumococcal pneumonia vaccine or Shingrix too, probably.

More then just weak and old, a few doctors and nurses too. However, percentage is negligable and almost in line with deaths from flue shots.

chris719

Since the disease itself is relatively new and the vaccine as well, I don't see that this is the case. Yes, the base technology has a history, but this specific one does not.

Well, we have animal data on mRNA vaccines, we have years of animal data on a few coronavirus vaccines, including betacoronaviruses which are closely related. We have a ton of data on Adenovirus vector based vaccines. We have even more data on inactivated virus vaccines. We also have the data from the entirety of human vaccine history showing essentially zero instances of long term side effects.

There isn't even a rational premise for long term effects. The vaccine is gone quickly and your immune system has done all the work it's going to do within two months of exposure to any antigen. Very little in life is 100% guaranteed.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Let's just stay away from the whole Covid 'thing'.

These threads follow a very predictable pattern, and I don't see that these inherently loaded topics need to be discussed here.

For future reference, the report tool is better than hoping I'm reading a thread going off the rails.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom