• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Joffy1780

Addicted to Fun and Learning
How could be so difficult to publish a review already written, at least the most part of it?
Award for most entitled sounding post goes to!!
Did you ever consider Amir has other things going on in his life other than publishing these reviews?

sask15

I would think he is being upfront with RF AIR given he lent him his brand new unopened factory fresh 4800 for the purpose of the review. Sounds like it’s a pretty sure thing at some point today.

Last edited:

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Bedroom setup is done. Audyssey in the X4800H is also done. All good so far. Now back to the living room to run Audyssey in the X4700H.

IMG_7935.jpeg

IMG_7934.jpeg

IMG_7936.jpeg

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Come to think of it, D+M Masimo might have the same person reviewing Amir and Gene's test results. They have different teams for different things but on something like this, chance is good that it is a shared resource.

The following post was from Feb3, if by the time he finished the tests on the Marantz AV10 and AMP10 in the last couple of weeks, the D+M gentlemen might have been busy reviewing a ton of results.

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I would think he is being upfront with RF AIR given he lent him his brand new unopened factory fresh 4800 for the purpose of the review. Sounds like it’s a pretty sure thing at some point today.

That would be nice as we'll have the weekend to mull over the data and graphs, but it is better Amir takes the time and not rush it.

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Nope. I'm divorced. The big screen is a Sony 65Z9D for TV and movie watching. The small monitor is a 48" LG Ultra Gear 48GQ900-B OLED Gaming Monitor which I use for indoors biking with my Tacx NEO 2T/TREK Bike and Zwift.

IMG_7937.jpeg

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
BTW, for those hopping for better SINAD on the X4800H, don't get your hopes too high. I'm getting less noise floor on my miniDSP connected to the X4700H than on the one connected to the X4800H.

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Did you’ve 4700 AKM?

No, I have a X4700H with PCM DACs and a X4800H just purchased today. BTW, I changed the input cable in my miniDSP 2x4 HD from Emotiva RCA cable to Mogami Gold RCA cable and input noise floor went from -84dBFS to -98dBFS :)

CyrusTheGreat_600BC

No, I have a X4700H with PCM DACs and a X4800H just purchased today. BTW, I changed the input cable in my miniDSP 2x4 HD from Emotiva RCA cable to Mogami Gold RCA cable and input noise floor went from -84dBFS to -98dBFS :)
I only use Mogami on XLR balanced connections ;)

dlaloum

Major Contributor
That is very strange, the Emotica cable has a good reputation, and the shielding is not all that different between them.... what is going on to result in a 14dbfs difference...??

I think I’ve been beaten up by the review thread. I tried to put Amir’s review within the context of who actually own an X4800H.

The fact being that the poll stands front and foremost on the review page. Long after the review and most of the initial respondents have had their say.

The X3800H and RZ50 look awful because ASR members have voted just on the basis of Amir’s measurements. When in fact they are good products for most people.

In essence, I think Amir should not put a polling option alongside his reviews. Because it’s just a blind affirmation of his review/test results. Means nothing. His test results should stand. He doesn’t need a poll to confirm them.

mattsrs

I think I’ve been beaten up by the review thread. I tried to put Amir’s review within the context of who actually own an X4800H.

The fact being that the poll stands front and foremost on the review page. Long after the review and most of the initial respondents have had their say.

The X3800H and RZ50 look awful because ASR members have voted just on the basis of Amir’s measurements. When in fact they are good products for most people.

In essence, I think Amir should not put a polling option alongside his reviews. Because it’s just a blind affirmation of his review/test results. Means nothing. His test results should stand. He doesn’t need a poll to confirm them.

yea the polls seem to be almost always decided by sinad numbers and whether Amir recommends or not. That said, having had both RZ50 and 4800h, rz50 amp is terrible in comparison

dlaloum

Major Contributor
yea the polls seem to be almost always decided by sinad numbers and whether Amir recommends or not. That said, having had both RZ50 and 4800h, rz50 amp is terrible in comparison
The X4800 amp goes from 134W@8ohm to only around 170W@4ohm... roughly a 30% rise... where theoretically, in the absence of other constraints it should double!

Neither the RZ50 nor the X4800 are impressive in terms of amps... both are good for basic 8ohm speakers with uncomplicated crossovers and no dramatic drops in impedance as a result... the X4800 has a bit more power than the RZ50, but not enough to substantively make a difference - if you have difficult speakers, either of these AVR's will probably work better with external amps added (for LCR).

Last edited:

mattsrs

The X4800 amp goes from 134W@8ohm to only around 170W@4ohm... roughly a 30% rise... where theoretically, in the absence of other constraints it should double!

Neither the RZ50 nor the X4800 are impressive in terms of amps... both are good for basic 8ohm speakers with uncomplicated crossovers and no dramatic drops in impedance as a result... the X4800 has a bit more power than the RZ50, but not enough the substantively make a difference - if you have difficult speakers, either of these AVR's will probably work better with external amps added (for LCR).

I have Kef R series for LCR and with RZ50 they didn’t sound as confident as they do with 4800

Top Bottom