• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cheap class D amps. Andrew Robinsons take.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I would consider to carefully listen to any of his reviews before any What HIFI magazine review every day.

They aren't reviews. It is a commercial arrangement which he doesn't hide.

There is zero credibility, just cutesy production values and a highly animated talking head. Lifestyle channel BS.

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They aren't reviews. It is a commercial arrangement which he doesn't hide.

There is zero credibility, just cutesy production values and a highly animated talking head. Lifestyle channel BS.

I like his discussion about ergonomics and usability and he’s doing some smoothed in-room frequency measurements, but yeah, it’s just entertainment.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I did n’t watch all of the video, what’s Kristi look like??

There's a badly photoshopped image of them both "in Paris" on his website.

But any wife/partner that puts up with a partner who obsesses over HiFi is awesome in my book.

D

Deleted member 48726

I propose a one month ban for a first offence ASR member who posts an Andrew Robinson video link.

Second offence is an automatic permanent ban with no appeal allowed. ;)
He is so.. Caught up in himself. Can't find the right word for it. But he's almost tasting his own words and loving every second of it. And when all he says is superflous empty sales gibberish with no concrete meaning it's just a waste of bytes and time.

JSmith

Master Contributor
Danger... Robinson;

danger.gif

JSmith

darrellc

Forum Donor
I love his reaction whenever his wife disagrees with him (he doesn’t like it). And I’ve only watched a few times, but in each video he has made a point about how good his “golden ear” is vs his wife.

I watched this particular video and his comments seemed disingenuous and more a function of the diminished affiliate revenue opportunities these devices offered.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I love his reaction whenever his wife disagrees with him (he doesn’t like it). And I’ve only watched a few times, but in each video he has made a point about how good his “golden ear” is vs his wife.

I watched this particular video and his comments seemed disingenuous and more a function of the diminished affiliate revenue opportunities these devices offered.

Like all good wives, she can clearly hear the differences from the kitchen...

Top Bottom