• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye NC252MP Stereo Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 174 59.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 87 29.6%

• Total voters

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Screenshot 2023-09-30 at 18.31.41.png

daniboun

Major Contributor
Sometimes I think that the best parameter to list them is their actual task: Gain and Power for a given voltage input.
Cause a lot of tricks can be played with them.

For my part I would say "the best parameter to choose" not only "to listen".
I think that for the same module, what should allow us to make the choice between the different manufacturers/integrators is what revolves around the module. In the end, it is the finishes, the quality of the Buffer and the design that differentiate the offers.

I have a great example in mind. I remember the ASR review of the IOM NCore Pro NC252MP. It probably has a more accomplished design than its Buckeye / Audiophonics competitors but the assembly quality of the IOM is mediocre. (cables not twisted, ground issue, bad solders etc...)

The pictures speak for themselves...(I wonder how Amir was able to recommend that IOM given all the internal flaws that were found...)

1696096285349.png
1696096374123.png

index.php
index.php

Attachments

• 1696095129556.png
    1696095129556.png
    820.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 1696096182733.png
    1696096182733.png
    1 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:

AudioKC

AdamG

Enjoy the Music your way…
Forum Donor
Yes. You nailed it. You mentioned the GHz - not I.
I don’t understand what you are here for. Are you asking for help understanding or are you here to teach us what’s up? Based on your comments and cheap shot for an obvious typo, I’m giving you a time out. Spend more time reading and learning and less time making comments that have no basis in fact.

Here is a link for you to brush up on how to read, interpret and understand all the different charts and graphs.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
this thread shows that the people who hate your stuff the most are the ones who would never buy it

never! nein!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
No. See here. I just want to have fair information. That's all.

No. See this example. It's basically nearly empty.
Your amplifier example is not representative of what I am stating. The example is still not a monster amp arc welder thingy. That requires more than your example. To have linearity both in frequency and power requires more than anything you have mentioned thus far. That and your example is a totally different build type.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The issue is, that you (correctly) say that the device provides 250 W @ 4 ohms @ 1 kHz but you didn't tell the customer, that the device only provides 122 W @ 20 Hz @ 4 ohms. I
I think it has been explained many times, it is not 122W @20Hz so I presume you see that by now too. But, this amp has shortcomings at lower frequencues, and in my opinon all justifications to make it look like those shortcomings don't matter are, well, justifications only. This is not a great performing amp. Is it good for its price - I don't know, that is very subjective.

Your anger to the manufacturer is misplaced though in my opinion. Buckeye's specs are quite good and detailed and is not misleading. There is a lot to a product's performance than what the spec sheet says, which I am sure you are aware as you seem to be reading reviews on ASR.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
He apparently wants arc welder performance for a low cost.
The guy is complaining that the amp can not achieve its rated 250W at 20Hz if I understand him correctly. How is that "wanting an arc welder"?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The guy is complaining that the amp can not achieve its rated 250W at 20Hz if I understand him correctly. How is that "wanting an arc welder"?
For flat frequency response and linearity in power output more substance is required. I slang that and call it a arc welder amp. Usually costing several thousand+ or more. He expects too much for the expense of the class D amp.

TNT

Looking at that product page I think it does not contain proper consumer information wrt. its power capabilities. It lacks a power bandwidth figure.

//

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For flat frequency response and linearity in power output more substance is required. I slang that and call it a arc welder amp. Usually costing several thousand+ or more. He expects too much for the expense of the class D amp.
I disagree. You dont have to go too far or too expensive to find amps with better performance at lower frequencies. 6 channel Buckeye amp from 2020 that costs $1150 does much better for example.

1696099218741.png

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Yes, I understand. I am not saying there is anything wrong with the rating.
Ohh, my apology. I re-read your post and see the syntax correctly now (I originally thought you implied the Hypex 250w rating was for 20Hz). My bad.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I disagree. You dont have to go too far or too expensive to find amps with better performance at lower frequencies. 6 channel Buckeye amp from 2020 that costs $1150 does much better for example.

View attachment 315703
That amp has poor power output linearity compared to a arc welder amp. The frequency linearity is not the best either. But we are commenting about an amp that costs very little for what it provides

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Same modules...as Amir pointed out even very subtle/miniscule things can change the resulting graph/rating between measurements (a loose test connection, etc).

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Same modules...as Amir pointed out even very subtle/miniscule things can change the resulting graph/rating between measurements (a loose test connection, etc).
You think that is what we see here; a measurement artefact caused by a minor mishap?

Top Bottom