• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Big news coming from Sound United in 2023!

TheAVInsider

Denon AVR-X3800H AV Receiver
Wb0ef6R.png

Vacceo

Major Contributor
It´s interesting to see that while Marantz has changed the aesthetics a bit, Denon keeps the same classic style. Not that I think it is a flaw, Denon is elegant in its functionalism.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Is there something you´re missing or welcoming from your previous AVR?
Not so far.
At least nothing of consequence.
I do miss the legacy of having a descendant of Classic US Saul Marantz components here.
Denon just screams Japanese to me. :(

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Not so far.
At least nothing of consequence.
I do miss the legacy of having a descendant of Classic US Saul Marantz components here.
Denon just screams Japanese to me. :(
At this point, Marantz is as American as I am. I happened to live in Indiana for almost a decade, so go guess...

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
At this point, Marantz is as American as I am. I happened to live in Indiana for almost a decade, so go guess...
Actually the good news is that Sound United, it's parent DEI Holdings, and it's parent Charlesbank Capitol Partners are all US firms and paying their taxes to Uncle Sam. :D
WooHoo, what comes around, goes around.

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Actually the good news is that Sound United, it's parent DEI Holdings, and it's parent Charlesbank Capitol Partners are all US firms and paying their taxes to Uncle Sam. :D
Is the current owner of Sound United but it's also a US company.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Vacceo

Major Contributor
I sincerely hope they do, indeed, pay taxes.

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

At least according to SEC filings, they do. I am sure they know all sorts of loopholes and take advantage of them.

F3503828-C594-4B52-836D-6197C32CA4F5.jpeg

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Of course they do, the amount I posted are reported earnings, you can't duck them all, though I'm sure they take advantage of every deduction they can, just like you and I do.
But the bottom line is, whatever the amount it goes into the US economy and not into China's, Japan's, Korea's, or anyone else.
Charity should always begin at home. ;)

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Of course they do, the amount I posted are reported earnings, you can't duck them all, though I'm sure they take advantage of every deduction they can, just like you and I do.
But the bottom line is, whatever the amount it goes into the US economy and not into China's, Japan's, Korea's, or anyone else.
Charity should always begin at home. ;)
I haven't paid taxes over there since 2015. When I did, I had no loopholes to take advantage as my salary was too low. :D

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
Agree. And as I am too new to this forum. I haven’t seen (m)any hard facts and figures where Dirac is provenly better. What would help is to have some REW measurements using both Dirac and Audyssey in a common living room listening environment with everything else unchanged.
The steady state in room measurements don't tell you enough.
Many factors are in play here.
There needs to be blind testing done. So far I haven't seen much evidence of that at all by the companies.
Awhile back Harman published some blind test results but that stuff is outdated now though it is fair to point out that in those tests the "room correction/room adaptation", didn't always shine.

Last edited:

Spinitch

Denon evidently will release in Japan. On tech sites AVR-X3800H:¥181,500/10月下旬. The X3700 was not available in Japan.

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Japanese press release

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator

delta76

Major Contributor
It seems VAT in Japan is 10%, so that means the price where I live would be a bit more than 200k yen (~1430 $). not too bad and definitely lower than expected.
if that is indeed the retail price, I'll bite.

Miker 1102

Forum Donor
There needs to be blind testing done. So far I haven't seen much evidence of that at all by the companies.
Awhile back Harman published some blind test results but that stuff is outdated now though it is fair to point out that in those tests the "room correction/room adaoration" didn't always shine.

Awhile back Harman published some blind test results but that stuff is outdated now though it is fair to point out that in those tests the "room correction/room adaoration" didn't always shine.
I have seen a lot of rew measurements on the Dirac sub on reedit. It starts to get to technical for me after a while. I was trying to learn the basics. People discussed AB measurements and the different curves between Audyssey and the limitations in adjusting individual speakers. I think we live in an incredibe time for audio tech.

Top Bottom