• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beta Test: Multitone Loopback Analyzer software

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I already broke it!

(system argument out of range,think we have seen it before)
When you have a chance, please try to uninstall the old and re-download and install from the link. I had to patch the plot library to work correctly with the plot tracker, but apparently the old version of the library was included in that one.

Rantapossu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thanks again!

(EDIT: Please read my next message, this post is done with the unpatched library. Works ok now !!!)

It still gives the error (with the updated library version):

1673714434146.png

when (and only when) I move the mouse pointer over the graph area. If the mouse pointer is anywhere else, it works normally.

The frequency indicator of the graph is also slighly broken, with 64k fft the 1 kHz fundamental shows as about 1482 Hz

1673714347641.png

and with 128k fft it is about 2968 Hz.

1673714627396.png

Last edited:

Rantapossu

Thanks again!

It still gives the error (with the updated library version):

View attachment 257083

when (and only when) I move the mouse pointer over the graph area. If the mouse pointer is anywhere else, it works normally.

The frequency indicator of the graph is also slighly broken, with 64k fft the 1 kHz fundamental shows as about 1482 Hz

View attachment 257082

and with 128k fft it is about 2968 Hz.

View attachment 257086

Sorry,

I forgot to uninstall the previous v1.0.66 version before the version 1.0.67 and the new patched library wasn't active (I didn't manage to install the broken initial version 1.0.67 at all before Paul updated it with the patched library). It seems to not overwrite the existing library so it was still using the v1.0.66's library.

I uninstalled and reinstalled MT and now it doesn't show the error and the frequency display is ok with the version 1.0.67.

Could it automatically overwrite the library with the patched one when installing the future versions? I seldom uninstall the older version when I install a new version and I believe there are others than me doing the same...

Last edited:
OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry,

I forgot to uninstall the previous v1.0.66 version before the version 1.0.67 and the new patched library wasn't active (I didn't manage to install the broken initial version 1.0.67 at all before Paul updated it with the patched library). It seems to not overwrite the existing library so it was still using the v1.0.66's library.

I uninstalled and reinstalled MT and now it doesn't show the error and the frequency display is ok with the version 1.0.67.

Could it automatically overwrite the library with the patched one when installing the future versions? I seldom uninstall the older version when I install a new version and I believe there are others than me doing the same...
It should overwrite it automatically, but it seems like the installer decided it didn't need to for some reason. I'll take a look to make sure it does it automatically.

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Just posted an updated installer that should overwrite the older plot library with the patched version automatically. Still don't know why it didn't pick this up the first time, but after a few attempts to rebuild and a number of test installs and uninstalls, it appears to be working as expected. Sorry for the confusion!

Last edited:

Grooved

Just posted an updated installer that should overwrite the older plot library with the patched version automatically. Still don't know why it didn't pick this up the first time, but after a few attempts to rebuild and a number of test installs and uninstalls, it appears to be working as expected. Sorry for the confusion!
Hi, I updated it from the automatic feature in the the software, and after that, I got a strange thing, impossible to do a test with HiFi Cable (via WASAPI, FLEXASIO, ASIO4ALL).
I had this message I never got before:
message 24bit.PNG

Once I clicked on Yes, the measurements were incorrect (noise everywhere).
After uninstalling Multitone with REVO Uninstaller, and installing it from the setup file (not from the software automatic feature), it works as expected for now

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi, I updated it from the automatic feature in the the software, and after that, I got a strange thing, impossible to do a test with HiFi Cable (via WASAPI, FLEXASIO, ASIO4ALL).
I had this message I never got before:
View attachment 257174

Once I clicked on Yes, the measurements were incorrect (noise everywhere).
After uninstalling Multitone with REVO Uninstaller, and installing it from the setup file (not from the software automatic feature), it works as expected for now
Strange, don’t think there’s anything in this version to cause such a behavior. Maybe some setting got corrupted.

Grooved

I don't remember how it was with the previous version, but with this one, I get the Left/Right colors information in the middle of the results window:

left - right.PNG

MC_RME

Technical Expert
Audio Company
There is an option to put it elsewhere, in the left side sections.

Sokel

Master Contributor
Since I have found nothing broken (except for the play and stop buttons that needs to press twice sometimes I decided to measure my (very) old,very first pre.
(Thir... ehm,old any way :p,be nice!)

pre.PNG

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Since I have found nothing broken (except for the play and stop buttons that needs to press twice sometimes I decided to measure my (very) old,very first pre.
(Thir... ehm,old any way :p,be nice!)

View attachment 257717

Maybe also do a frequency response test? You can do it in multiple ways now, from an old multi-step sine sweep to log-chirp to periodic white noise. Maybe you'll find something broken, too ;) THD and Noise vs frequency could also be revealing, as well as a level sweep or a simple multitone.

Sokel

Master Contributor
Nope,nothing broken (except that someone needs recap :p)

FR.PNG

FR
THD+N vs Freq.PNG

THD+N vs Freq

THD+N vs Lvl.PNG

THD+N vs Lvl

1Khz sq.PNG

1Khz square

Poor thing,at least it shows consistence.

I have to do something about my grounds.

Sokel

Master Contributor
Is there any technical reason I can't do silence measurement with DSD?
Sometimes i doesn't start,sometimes starts and proceeds but never ends.
Or is it just broken?

Sokel

Master Contributor
Is there any technical reason I can't do silence measurement with DSD?
Sometimes i doesn't start,sometimes starts and proceeds but never ends.
Or is it just broken?
Update.

It can do DSD64 ok:

DSD64.PNG

...when I set it to DSD128 or DSD256 I get this (waited for more than 5 min just in case):

DSD128.PNG

...lowered the FFT size just in case the calcs is heavy for my machine and I got this in DSD256:

DSD256.PNG

(he,he,THAT's a black background!)

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@pkane
1) I tried searching but didn't see an answer -- what is j-Pk vs j-rms?
2) on one of my laptops, I occasionally get stuck with Record, waiting... ; it's inconsistent. Is there anything known w/the WASAPI drivers that could cause that?

Sokel

Master Contributor
Jitter peak to peak I believe,I searched it before:

"What is peak-to-peak jitter?

The term peak-to-peak is defined as the difference between the smallest and the largest period sampled during measurement. TIE jitter, also known as accumulated jitter or phase jitter, is the actual deviation from the ideal clock period over all clock periods."

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@pkane
2) on one of my laptops, I occasionally get stuck with Record, waiting... ; it's inconsistent. Is there anything known w/the WASAPI drivers that could cause that?

Jitter peak and jitter RMS magnitude, in seconds.

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@pkane
With issue (2), can you press the stop and then record again and it'll start working or does it hang even after a stop?

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Jitter peak and jitter RMS magnitude, in seconds.
Curious: Do you measure them both, or derive one or the other? If derived, based upon what noise model (random Gaussian noise?)

Top Bottom