• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

Bruce Morgen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The entire case of the A07 is one giant aluminum heat sink. One just needs to figure out a decent thermal contact to the TI chip - which is done all the time...

Not as easy as it sounds with a top-mounted chip. Ventilation holes/slots and/or a larger heat sink would be much easier.

infinitesymphony

Major Contributor
Not as easy as it sounds with a top-mounted chip. Ventilation holes/slots and/or a larger heat sink would be much easier.
You could use thermal glue to stick a spring on top of the heatsink. Compress it as you slide the amp board in, and when you let go it will make constant contact with the top of the case.

Anmol

Forum Donor
Is it safe to plug a He 6 headphone directly into speaker post on this amp? i read somewhere that it isnt safe to plug he6 like headphones into speaker post on class d amp even if it is relatively low wattage like this one?

Bruce Morgen

Forum Donor
Is it safe to plug a He 6 headphone directly into speaker post on this amp? i read somewhere that it isnt safe to plug he6 like headphones into speaker post on class d amp even if it is relatively low wattage like this one?

Not safe with this type of amp, in which the two "-" binding posts are not wired together in a "common ground" scheme like the TRS plugs that terminate most headphone cables. I'm not sure if ditching the factory TRS-to-XLR adapter and connecting via the four-pin XLR connector would wire each earpiece independently, which case a suitable XLR-to-banana adapter would be relatively safe as long as the volume wasn't pushed too hard.

Since we're talking about fairly pricey high-end headphones, I'm sure there's a suitable purpose-built headphone amp that would be both a better and a safer choice in this application -- just pick one that can deliver substantial wattage across 50 ohms with suitably low distortion and you'll be golden.

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Another issue will be the output filter - the response is affected by the load, and 50R is a long way from the design load, to the high frequency response will probably be far from flat. You may want some DSP, or to redesign the output filter to suit the headphones.You could probably pick a supply voltage low enough to reduce the risk of melting the headphones with a slip of the volume control. Or you could just find a suitable headphone amp.

Bruce Morgen

Forum Donor
Another issue will be the output filter - the response is affected by the load, and 50R is a long way from the design load, to the high frequency response will probably be far from flat.

That could be solved via a shunt resistor across each channel to get the aggregate nominal load impedance into the 4-8 ohm ballpark -- but that would involve some DIY.

boselover61

HorizonsEdge

Toku

Major Contributor
Hello. I can't find this one on Amazon and while slightly drunkI bought one on aliexpress even though I'm pretty sure I didn't buy the correct one (aiyima brand)?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

That is what I bought. Does anyone know the difference between one like that and the one reviewed? Are they the same just with the aiyima logo printed on?
I used to use this amp before.
The sound quality was good, but I gave up using it because it emits a lot of pop noise from the speakers when the power is turned on and off.
I think that the current product has a pop noise prevention circuit built in to solve this problem.
Does your amp make pop noise when the power is turned on / off?
I think that the circuit configuration of the latest model with a built-in pop noise prevention circuit is the same as AIYIMA A07.

boselover61

I used to use this amp before.
The sound quality was good, but I gave up using it because it emits a lot of pop noise from the speakers when the power is turned on and off.
I think that the current product has a pop noise prevention circuit built in to solve this problem.
Does your amp make pop noise when the power is turned on / off?
I think that the circuit configuration of the latest model with a built-in pop noise prevention circuit is the same as AIYIMA A07.
I got it for $25 dollar on amazon with prime shipping. Didnt come with a power supply so im using the loxie a30 one with 24v and 6a. No pop noise for me. Should i open it up to take pictures?

Toku

Major Contributor
I got it for $25 dollar on amazon with prime shipping. Didnt come with a power supply so im using the loxie a30 one with 24v and 6a. No pop noise for me. Should i open it up to take pictures?
The product is definitely the latest version of the model as it produces no pop noise.
The difference between Ver1 and Ver2 has been uploaded.

Attachments

• TPA3255 Amp Ver1 a.jpg
    TPA3255 Amp Ver1 a.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 501
  • TPA3255 Amp Ver2 a.jpg
    TPA3255 Amp Ver2 a.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 436
Last edited:

boselover61

I own four A07s, so I know the drill. :cool:
I have it using my loxjie PSU which is 24v 6.75A and it's loud as hell even when the knob's not even half. And when I say loud i mean as loud as my Denon X4700 at "0 db". It's probably putting out at least 80w per channel

Top Bottom