• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

RenPa

so @TimoJ maybe you can confirm what I said in an other forum. If Monoprice can do it in his existing product there is hope for us no HTP1 owner to get Dirac in our receiver which can manage DLBC already. You can't know if the dsp capabilities are the same but stil have a thought?

TimoJ

so @TimoJ maybe you can confirm what I said in an other forum. If Monoprice can do it in his existing product there is hope for us no HTP1 owner to get Dirac in our receiver which can manage DLBC already. You can't know if the dsp capabilities are the same but stil have a thought?
I don't know.. I think it's all about money, if a manufacturer is going to sell the same model for few more years, maybe they will add it. ART needs also other changes than just new DSP code, not sure how easy/hard those are for each model.

alont

Forum Donor
@TimoJ how does one become a beta tester for the htp-1? I would love to help monoprice with improving their implementation of ART before it's released

TimoJ

@TimoJ how does one become a beta tester for the htp-1? I would love to help monoprice with improving their implementation of ART before it's released
I think they may ask for testers once ART is ready for beta test. AVSforum's HTP-1 thread is the place to watch for it.

OP
Flak

Flak

Industry Insider
For completeness of information... in order to use ART with one or more subwoofers, you will also need to hold a Bass Control license but it's not needed if you do not use subwoofers

phn

Wait is (almost) over for Denon owners

Axelpowa

JBL and ARCAM have said NO to ART.....

Thats the news I get:

Lamentablemente, algunas marcas como Arcam y JBL de HK comunicaron a través del servicio de atención al cliente que no tienen planes de admitir ART en el hardware existente.

Monoprice a través de los mismos canales señaló que lo están investigando. Pero desafortunadamente están teniendo problemas con la producción, por lo que no está claro si su AVP todavía se encuentra entre los modelos activos.

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Makes me glad I never convinced myself to spend $6K on a JBL SDP-55.
If true, I wouldn’t be surprised if their decision to backtrack on promises made results in litigation.

Last edited:

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I wouldn’t be surprised if their decision to backtrack on promises made results in litigation.

Unfortunately, all of the brochures have the fine print which says at the very end:
1700277518217.png

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Unfortunately, all of the brochures have the fine print which says at the very end:
View attachment 327040
Can you point me to case law showing that such boilerplate fine print shuts down claims for breach based on reliance, or false advertising? You may well be correct - I don’t know either way.

Top Bottom