• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Questions about Dirac ART and Front Speaker choices (Revel F206 or F208)

HockeyDad45

I am on the verge of purchasing either the Revel F208 or F206 for new front channels. I plan to run Dirac ART when it becomes available. In addition to the new front speakers, I plan to run two Rythmik E15HP2 subwoofers in the front corners of the room.

Room Dimensions: 21'x19' with a Cathedral Ceiling

Would the larger woofers of the F208 be useful in an ART set-up?

Thanks for advice.

Scott

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am on the verge of purchasing either the Revel F208 or F206 for new front channels. I plan to run Dirac ART when it becomes available. In addition to the new front speakers, I plan to run two Rythmik E15HP2 subwoofers in the front corners of the room.

Room Dimensions: 21'x19' with a Cathedral Ceiling

Would the larger woofers of the F208 be useful in an ART set-up?

Thanks for advice.

Scott
FWIW ..
-I would go F208. If the room allows, with 2 subs I would put 1 in the front and one in the rear of the room. I think ART will be able to use the rear sub to help cancellation signals.

Moonbase

When watching a movie the subs would do most of the heavy bass. You have the choice of bypassing the subs when listening to music and many like to do this, this is when the revel bass drivers would excel. I tend to use my subs though for music too.
It’s hard to comment on a complex room like yours and what Dirac art will do.

Top Bottom