• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

3e Audio TPA3255 Amplifier Kit 480-1-29A Review

Rate this amplifier (kit):

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 42 18.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 173 76.9%

• Total voters

daniboun

Major Contributor
What's the "SE" mode of this module?
Single end = unbalanced mode.
All is in the user guide.

This mode requires soldering skills for adding Op amps.

SonicSleuth

Single end = unbalanced mode.
All is in the user guide.

This mode requires soldering skills for adding Op amps.
Thanks for getting back to me, Just about to look at that user guide now, I shl read the instructions!

If I need to change op amps I'll just get some balanced XLR cables. Just wiring it up now to test it out, found a old case from a previous project, it's a bit "holy" on the back but "it'll do".

brunes

Anyone know if this MicroAudio can be turned on with say a 12v trigger? (I think not).

daniboun

Major Contributor
If I need to change op amps I'll just get some balanced XLR cables. Just wiring it up now to test it out, found a old case from a previous project, it's a bit "holy" on the back but "it'll do".

You will have a drop in gain at the inputs if you use unbalanced to balanced cables (RCA> XLR)... It is not a question of changing the OP amps but of adding them in SE mode. The best is to use the module in balanced mode because it is natively delivered and optimized for this mode.

Last edited:

daniboun

Major Contributor
Anyone know if this MicroAudio can be turned on with say a 12v trigger? (I think not).
Don't think so. You only have a Stand By input that drives the SMPS on/off operation (Page 7 of user guide)

maudio

Did anyone try Audiophonic 3e TPA3255?

Do you think it would keep the values by Amir - more or less so?

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Looks like it has standby, so could be used to implement a trigger with a simple additional card. I have posted details elsewhere here. Here is the board…

daniboun

Major Contributor
Did anyone try Audiophonic 3e TPA3255?

Do you think it would keep the values by Amir - more or less so?

Audiophonics shipped one to Amir. Should be reviewed soon. But it uses the same PSU as the one reviewed by Amir.... So you can expect the same

bugal

Nice! I’m stoked to hear this, but more excited for the micro audio PS lol.
This is my first amplifier build. But I do a lot of DIY. Cables, speakers, motorcycles etc etc. Here are some pics of my latest DIY builds
I’ll have this looking sharp too.
Very nice Honda scrambler project, congratulation!
However twisting the spark plug wires would certainly bring some more horspower and wider soundstage of the exhaust system

:)

Last edited:

dermeister

Does anyone know what the actual dimensions of one of these amplifier modules is? The dimensions listed on 3e Audio's website and Audiophonics (105 x 90 x 38.5mm) appear to be for the older revision of the board.

daniboun

Major Contributor
So it will fit a case that's 45 high?
50mm not less for me. Get a confortable margin for cables.... The Audiophonics AP300-S2503E amp is 300 x 220 x 65mm
Check my "Bamboo projects" all you need is there.

Last edited:

daniboun

Major Contributor
How does this thing perform driving electrostatic loudspeakers?

Depends on the model ))) But if you want to drive this type of speakers with this module, I strongly advise you not to skimp on the PSU! believe in my experience....

Emiyanez

Hi!

@daniboun how difficult do you think it would be to replace the standard TPA3255 on the Wiim amp by the 3e Audio one? It may be a naive question but I honestly have zero experience with electronics.

Thanks!

daniboun

Major Contributor
Hi!

@daniboun how difficult do you think it would be to replace the standard TPA3255 on the Wiim amp by the 3e Audio one? It may be a naive question but I honestly have zero experience with electronics.

Thanks!

I wont take this risk. Starting the project from a brand case will take less time )))

Top Bottom