• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

3e audio TPA3255 260-2-29A Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier (kit):

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 53 20.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 194 76.4%

• Total voters

douede

Last edited:

daniboun

Major Contributor

sarieri

Forum Donor
3e audio does not have any special offerings in china at least at the moment. Only inductance available is the coilcraft. The only variants available is the stereo/mono and their equivalent with no heat sink. Simple like that.

douede

???? Can you explain what you mean ?
I "mean", just go on the 3e-audio site/pages, or click on the links...
And, Amirm wrote "I believe the module name is: 260-2-29A or EAUMT-0260-2-A."
...EAUMT-0260-2-A is the old board, which is 111dbA (as Amirm also wrote) while the new board with PFFB is 125 dbA...

Eldus

Thanks for the test Amir.

This 3e audio TPA3255 amp seems interesting. With PFFB. I like that. 144 W into 4 Ohms/92 W into 8 Ohms. To assemble , DIY, it together with 48V power supply and everything needed, chassis, connectors and so on around €350 if I understood everything correctly according to daniboun.:)

It would have been neat to build in the amplifier (so it is not visible) together with a stereo cabinet with speakers in it. I would have done that, if you would not be so locked in with the placement of the speakers then. Something like this::)
View attachment 332312View attachment 332313
For when you have to "sit with a new song awhile" =)

daniboun

Major Contributor

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am a bit confused about why we need a review of a "product" that is not really orderable in any straightforward way. Just an infomercial about what's possible with a 3255? But OK, seems others are interested in reading about that potential.

Sokel

Master Contributor
The IcePower 125ASX2 has been measured here :

And found this about the IceEdge (XTZ amp)

View attachment 332382
I now see the edited.
300a2 MODULE is not to be confused with A2 300 whole amp from XTZ which it's modules are NOT an Edge version.

XTZ's EDGE is just a marketing material,the time it went on market 300a2 and 400a2 Edge modules were not available.

And as I said again,300a2 and 400a2 MODULES are simply not comparable to this one up high,look at the charts to see.

And Icepower has way more power,all kinds of indicators,analog V and A meter outputs readily available (VU meters anyone? ) of course.

daniboun

Major Contributor
I am a bit confused about why we need a review of a "product" that is not really orderable in any straightforward way. Just an infomercial about what's possible with a 3255? But OK, seems others are interested in reading about that potential.
I guess you refer to the one with the 7G23B inductors ? If yes it is no more available. We just have measurements in my thread.... You should ask 3E Audio for the why ))

daniboun

Major Contributor

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I guess you refer to the one with the 7G23B inductors ? If yes it is no more available. We just have measurements in my thread.... You should ask 3E Audio for the why ))
I refer to pretty much anything about 3e audio. I am pretty internet versed and a search never leads to anything directly orderable. It is not a "product" and IMO as such it is not something that deserves a dedicated review. But that's just me.

Hayatepilot

I refer to pretty much anything about 3e audio. I am pretty internet versed and a search never leads to anything directly orderable. It is not a "product" and IMO as such it is not something that deserves a dedicated review. But that's just me.
It is true that you cannot order a finished amp with 3e modules (yet...?).
But you can order the amplifier modules from their Aliexpress store and build your own.

Sokel

Master Contributor
It is true that you cannot order a finished amp with 3e modules (yet...?).
But you can order the amplifier modules from their Aliexpress store and build your own.
Not the same ones as the one reviewed here,I had a look as well. @pablolie is right about it.
Maybe a note has to be added to the title of the review.

Hayatepilot

Not the same ones as the one reviewed here,I had a look as well. @pablolie is right about it.
Maybe a note has to be added to the title of the review.
Ah, then they are sold out!
A couple od hours ago they were still available.
Since 3e Audio seems to be a very small company they do not have a huge stock available.
I odered my 5 pieces in 2 batches and had to wait for them to be in stock again for the 2nd order.
They could comunicate their inventory status and availability better on their website, I'll give you that.

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ah, then they are sold out!
A couple od hours ago they were still available.
Since 3e Audio seems to be a very small company they do not have a huge stock available.
I odered my 5 pieces in 2 batches and had to wait for them to be in stock again for the 2nd order.
They could comunicate their inventory status and availability better on their website, I'll give you that.
Was the exact amp as reviewed ever orderable? Just curious.

I am just saying - if I glued some DIY components together in my garage workbench - would the ASR community be interested in measurements? Why? :)

And don't worry, I won't. I built a speaker as part of what was required in the TUM.de curriculum at the time in "industry practice" for your MS, and I trashed them, my commercial speakers were much better. The power supply I built as another project was much better, but also ended up in the trash. :) Not a hoarder. :)

sarieri

Forum Donor
I measured this amp with Cosmos APU+ADC at 4 ohm load with Meanwell LRS-600-36V SMPS.
At 34.5V, it gives slightly better SINAD(1-2dB).

Note here, I believe the AES-17 filter in REW and AP is slightly different, so my measurement is probably not directly comparable to what amirm measured. But the difference should be quite small.

And BTW, you only need to know how to make cables on your own to make this amp board playing music. I don’t think there’s much difficulty here.

Attachments

• IMG_1188.jpeg
    IMG_1188.jpeg
    503 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_1187.jpeg
    IMG_1187.jpeg
    224.9 KB · Views: 145

CedarX

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Was the exact amp as reviewed ever orderable? Just curious.
As tested, I don’t think it is orderable as a unit. It was sent by the manufacturer for testing…. If it is intended as a “kit” (which is a product), at a minimum, a parts list and detailed assembly instructions should be provided. I’m not sure I can trust myself to pick the right cable sizes, the correct power switch, etc. Am I going to see the same performance if I route some cable “wrong”? Am I at risk to only see smoke & flames?

Top Bottom