• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most expensive speaker??????

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't read the audiophile rags like I once did. I wondered what is the most expensive speaker available now.

Is it the Backes & Müller BM 100 for $550,000/pr.
Yes that is the website for the speakers.
1635559423139.png

Then I remembered the Magico S9. Is it the Magico S9? This was my next thought.
I believe those are $750,000 per pair. Each weighs 1000 pounds (454 kg). Lots of impressive tech.
1635558808572.png

But then I remembered the Wilson WAMM Master Chronosonic system which is $850,000/pr.
https://www.wilsonaudio.com/products/wamm/wamm-master-chronosonic Also impressive tech.

1635559061277.png

So I'm just wondering what other offerings I've missed, and how much can it cost for an audiophile Nirvana-class speaker system. A term btw that Amir should incorporate into his speaker ratings. ;)

Now I'm not in a position to buy these speakers at the moment. So this isn't a terribly serious question. Just one of idle curiosity.

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
This may be a contender. Not yet available, the German Physiks Guadi III. I don't have a clue what it will cost in 2022.
gaudi-mk-iii.png

Sancus

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There are some gaudy, expensive things that seem no longer available like the Transmission Audio Ultimate ($2M?) and Hart Audio D&W Aural Pleasure ($5M), but the Cessaro Omega horns still seem available and are >$1M certainly.

Omega_2013_Frontal_Komplett_03.jpg

The fact that every image I could find appears to be a render really makes you wonder if anyone has ever actually tried to buy this particular model, however.... lol...certainly there do seem to be some of their cheaper models out there.

TheWalkman

If I recall correctly, Ken Fritz had three quarters of a million in the home addition to house his speakers (and and 5400 hours of his time building these speakers) so at the very least, I say he qualifies for an Honorable Mention.

1C5DD8DF-FD32-44E9-A975-2E5600D8E89F.png

atsmusic

If I recall correctly, Ken Fritz had three quarters of a million in the home addition to house his speakers (and and 5400 hours of his time building these speakers) so at the very least, I say he qualifies for an Honorable Mention.

View attachment 162103

I watched this story on youtube. Amazing system but so sad that the guy got so sick.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
This may be a contender. Not yet available, the German Physiks Guadi III. I don't have a clue what it will cost in 2022.
gaudi-mk-iii.png

They must be kidding.

It has a vertically mounted shoe polisher too!

1635566994512.png

Forum Donor
Quite so,
taken from https://encoremusicians.com/blog/how-to-hire-orchestra-for-event/

I quote "So for a small 15-piece chamber orchestra, you could expect a quote from £2500–£4000, whereas a full 50-piece symphony orchestra might be more in the region of £8000–£15,000"

And that doesn't take into account whether they will come to you [assuming you have room or a large enough garden]

But it would be quite something, invite all your friends. Outdoor event. Notify the local papers. It would be the local event of the year. And then you can spend the rest on speakers, a trip around the world, a new house and a new car, etc. :)

restorer-john

Grand Contributor

The room is crazy. :)

But anyone who owns a grandfather clock knows not to put it in a listening room. He has two...

Leiker535

Quite so,
taken from https://encoremusicians.com/blog/how-to-hire-orchestra-for-event/

I quote "So for a small 15-piece chamber orchestra, you could expect a quote from £2500–£4000, whereas a full 50-piece symphony orchestra might be more in the region of £8000–£15,000"

And that doesn't take into account whether they will come to you [assuming you have room or a large enough garden]

But it would be quite something, invite all your friends. Outdoor event. Notify the local papers. It would be the local event of the year. And then you can spend the rest on speakers, a trip around the world, a new house and a new car, etc. :)
But then would there be those magic mids?

Jdunk54nl

Not only is that an amazingly crappy web site (thank you for the link), it doesn't even have an mp3 of what music sounds like played through the speakers!

If you were lucky enough to hear it, your ears would simply destroy themselves upon the pure sonic euphoria…at least at those prices they better!

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

View attachment 162103

I bet that's actually a fantastic sounding system. Flor to ceiling line array, with sloping roof like a concert hall. Also, it's multichannel.

Ericglo

Wisdom's top of the line system is usually best in show when they demo it at Cedia. IIRC it is around $500k.

Top Bottom