• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Zidoo Neo S - any experience?

somy

I’m a Zidoo user over last 5 years, their 4K media streamer really works well with good PQ and great compatibility. I see they now move into HiFi with Neo Alpha and Neo S streamers, and Neo S even won the EISA 2022 as best media player: https://eisa.eu/awards/zidoo-neo-s/
I know the player is ver my capable video player, however I’m more interested in whether it also replace my music streamer.
I don’t find any measurement of the device, and would like to ask anybody has experience with it?
Thank you in advance!

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I know that their sister brand Eversolo release their new streamer DMP-A6 on April 1st.
Keith

OP
S

somy

I know that their sister brand Eversolo release their new streamer DMP-A6 on April 1st.
Keith
Saw that but looks like just another music streamer. Neo S also has great video capability, so can be a super all-in-one for both video and audio

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Saw that but looks like just another music streamer. Neo S also has great video capability, so can be a super all-in-one for both video and audio
I have one and think its very competitive with the matrix i2. The differences are slight between the two and are all in either features, capabilities or dimensions.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I have asked for samples to test but they seem reluctant to offer any of their video products for testing.

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think i saw an independent 3rd party test of the neo's.
I will see if i can find them again and post the links

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have asked for samples to test but they seem reluctant to offer any of their video products for testing.
They are currently backordered and since i purchased (less than a year ago), their availabillity for purchase have been most a miss. Dont know why, just passing along my experience.

OP
S

somy

Found it. Was over at soundstage for the neo s
Not sure I understand the measures, does it look in pair with Matrix Audio or far behind? For my need I just want something similar or even a bit worse than element M, as the convenience is more important. In terms of usability, is it easy to use as a music streamer? One of good thing of Element M is that it’s always online, so I just need to turn on amp and start stream from my mobile phone. Does Neo S complicate things like you have turn on TV to switch to audio output and then ready for streaming? Thanks in advance!

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Not sure I understand the measures, does it look in pair with Matrix Audio or far behind?
Behind. Its SINAD would be 109 vs Element X2 at 118. It also has much more IMD ESS Hump. So technically worse but audibly likely similar.

OP
S

somy

Behind. Its SINAD would be 109 vs Element X2 at 118. It also has much more IMD ESS Hump. So technically worse but audibly likely similar.
Thanks! I assume for a video streamer 109 isn't very bad, I saw some Denon AVRs cannot reach 100. Strange it won the Eisa award but not very popular here in EU.

raif71

Major Contributor
Thanks! I assume for a video streamer 109 isn't very bad, I saw some Denon AVRs cannot reach 100. Strange it won the Eisa award but not very popular here in EU.
tenor.png

Elsa singing :p

Top Bottom