• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Yamaha R-N2000A network receiver

nemanja_t

Forum Donor
I bought my R-N803 new for 740 €, now new one is 950 €. This is like vintage cars :)

But i bought at the start of pandemic.

OP
O

Overseas

Major Contributor
They discontinued 803,the new 2000 is 3500,so my gear is increasing in price.

NewbieAudiophileExpert

That looks OK, but i'd prefer to just buy an amp + separate streamer.

For one of my stereo ams, I currently use a fosi audio BT20A-S, raspberry Pi 3 rocking Volumio and it's really good for both radio function and spotify, although the airplay feature is a bit howz-it-goin - the other features like chrome case and soundcloud are also pretty handy.

I currently use a Yamaha V6A as a home theatre AVR and a stereo amplifier/streamer, and i quite like it, especially the music cast functionality which is compatible with spotify connect AND airplay 2.

I can't see myself purchasing this though, since it's not really 'worth it' for me - I'd rather just buy a A-S501 and add the Raspberry Pi streamer + Topping D10S dac to it, or instead purchase a professionally made streaming device, although those are really expensive.

JaccoW

Bob82

Nothing wrong with MusicCast streaming. Mine works very well. I have the 803D. Propels my Maggies very well. It’s a nice piece of kit Especially as a pure analogue amp. I find Dab ok but I don’t enjoy as much as fm so it’s no deal breaker for me at all. I wonder how it compares to the 803D? May explore when it emerges.

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No silver colour and no VU-meters.
1655400625926.jpeg

38EN46_AS01

OP
O

Overseas

Major Contributor
On my side, I would skip the vumeters, phono, headphone for 1 grand less in price. But keep Musiccast & Ypao.

byte.size.life

If I had the money to buy one of these one of the first things I would so is screw off the side panels and have a woodworker make some walnut side panels.
Dunno why Yamaha does not offer exchangeable side panels for extra $$$: black piano lacquer, white piano lacquer, birch, teak, walnut etc.
They could also hire artists to make limited editions for even more $$$.

Haskil

Forum Donor
I am using 3 streaming apps: Musiccast, Heos, HK Control. Musiccast is the best of them.
I am using Musicast, Sonos, Heos, Roon and Airplay with Itunes :
Musicast is impossible. Why ? Not gapless with Qobuz.
Heos is impossible : no Qobuz.
Sonos is impossible : only with Sonos hardware and only 60 000 fichiers.
Roon : well if you have also a big collection of music on your HDD..
Airplay with Itunes is ok but in 16/44.1. But prisoner of music and very difficult to find radios.

dougi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Only FM, no DAB+ tuner. Not future proof.
Some versions will have DAB+. e.g. the Oz version going by the manual. I like that my Yamaha AVR still has fm & DAB+, where Denon's recent AVRs stripped all tuners out for the Oz market!

dougi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
For this money, there is NAD C298 Purify + SOA DAC.
And now, the NAD C-3050 LE and future non-LE version if you still want the retro look with VU meters.

jaykay77

yamaha always sticks to their formula and it works. Exudes quality and class. My NS1000's are my favorite speakers of all time, and my vintage yamaha amps are the only ones that have not had a single issue. ever. The toyota of audio.

Adaboy4z

Just watched the review on Hans Beek channel on YouTube. This is an interesting Network amp. I imagine the price is going to be high. I haven't seen any for sale in the states yet. It was suppose to release this fall according to some press releases.

flyzipper

Received this in a marketing email from Yamaha today...

MSRP: $3999.95 US

I know it's a "network" receiver, but no balanced inputs at that price? Ouch.
No grounded power? Maybe an expert can explain why that's not an issue, but it seems odd to me.

JaccoW

Received this in a marketing email from Yamaha today...

MSRP: $3999.95 US

I know it's a "network" receiver, but no balanced inputs at that price? Ouch.
No grounded power? Maybe an expert can explain why that's not an issue, but it seems odd to me.
That Yamaha USA website is a cookie infested hellhole btw. 90% needs to be "opted-out" by clicking on the individual companies.
I know I shouldn't expect a website made for the American market to comply with European GDPR rules but damn.

Top Bottom