• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
As I'm going to implement miniDSP Flex into my chain I'm curious if it's better to limit Mini's toslink output to 96 kHz or just leave it at 192...

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The did, but is there a new beta release day yet? Will beta updates start automatically?
Beta such as mqa is not release on general public aside from small group for testing if ask to be part of them. However, it will be available once completing certification and bug free to general public. It was same situation during Amazon UHD.

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I’m curious if pro has same dac chip as the mini which is burr brown that is not on par with akm/ess latest offering.

mediocrebutarrogant

Mqa will just do the first unfold to 88 or 96 using external dac on non mqa dac. The question I have since topping e50 has optical/coax renderer should fully unfold. Does anyone here has fully mqa unfold on optical and give them fully unfold?
I have same question too!

Brantome

Major Contributor
Looking forward to native integration of Radio Paradise rather than just using the url. Plus Roon Ready makes an appearance which will make at least one person happy…
Drat - I see in the past few hours Radio Paradise has already slipped out of 10/10 to 17/10. Guess I’ll get by for another week just using the url ;)

morillon

Major Contributor
just in your latest versions under android, on the home page, "recently played" continues to accumulate titles over the months without the possibility of emptying etc?

Brantome

Major Contributor
just in your latest versions under android, on the home page, "recently played" continues to accumulate titles over the months without the possibility of emptying etc?
This isn’t WiiM’s support forum, best asking that thru the official route they provide and that way they can gauge interest and schedule a solution.

Have you tried clearing the app cache to see what that does?

morillon

Major Contributor
but I've been telling them for months.. a little surprised not to read other feedback here..
there is no function proposed to achieve it in my case..
my question is just whether or not the case with you?

could it be me who missed something?

Last edited:

Brantome

Major Contributor
but I've been telling them for months.. a little surprised not to read other feedback...
there is no function proposed to achieve it in my case..
my question is just whether or not the case with you?
nobody talks about it here...
could it be me who missed something?
No, you’re correct, there isn’t a delete function for that list‘s contents. But neither is there for a similar list in the Amazon Music app either, for example. I guess it’s not seen as a priority for developers.

However, as someone who started a career in IT first programming way back in the 1970s, it never fails to amaze me whenever an app implements a list of almost any kind, why there aren’t standard features like editing the list, deleting one or more entries, export/ import the list etc etc - surely there are standard libraries for such?

morillon

Major Contributor
can this accumulation weigh heavily in the wiim home application?
ps
it was many months ago that I had suggested this "recently played" function to them and had been very happy that they integrated it.. but I did not expect it to work like that
but kind allowing to empty by keeping only the last month or week or days
?
fairly standard approach I believe

Last edited:

Music1969

Major Contributor
As I'm going to implement miniDSP Flex into my chain I'm curious if it's better to limit Mini's toslink output to 96 kHz or just leave it at 192...
miniDSP's resampling would probably be better than WiiM's (guessing)

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
miniDSP's resampling would probably be better than WiiM's (guessing)
I would guess the same, but... I don't have local audio at 192 kHz. The only hi-res streaming service I use is AM. And I think it's quite probable that WiiM wouldn't downsample to 96 when using AM, it would just get a proper file from MPD manifest avoiding any resampling. I'm not sure how to verify it.

Top Bottom