• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

morillon

Major Contributor
what bothers me a little.. is that after a good period of exchanges with the support of wiim, very reactive .....
nothing for quite a while..
not even confirmation of "ticket"...
maybe I'm "listed"...
do you still have feedback from their supports?
can be monopolized by amazon hd developments...

Jmudrick

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
what bothers me a little.. is that after a good period of exchanges with the support of wiim, very reactive .....
maybe I'm "listed"...
You're on the difficult patient list. Clearly support is monitoring the thread. Not aimed at you but I'm doubtful submitting multiple tickets / complaints on the same issues is productive. I've rarely seen company as responsive as the WiiM techs have been.

morillon

Major Contributor
I think I tried to be rather productive...
but if I repeated myself.. it's just that I was used to having my tickets returned precisely
(I haven't heard back on a subject that nobody seems to have relayed.. the fact that in "eq" mode we take almost 4db and no longer respect the 0dbfs in toslink)

in any case would like to salute their reactivity..and hope, even if "they make me the head"...they will continue like this...
and me... will continue to use the little wiim daily
;-))))

Last edited:

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Why do steamers not provide an option for Digital music out through USB? Spdif/toslink seem legacy vestiges.
Well, in my case (and I expect that of many others), my DAC’s USB port is connected to my PC, so I can play YooToob videos and such forth. So, it makes perfect sense that the streamers use the open coaxial and optical on the DAC.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
So I signed up for a month of Amazon HD just to see if it has any advantages vs Tidal, which I’ve been using. As a jazz fan primarily, the metadata is extremely important. In the Tidal app, every artist having anything to do with an album or track is available, with click-through to explore that artist. Bios and album reviews are there for most.

All of this appears to be completely missing in the Amazon app, except for a dumb-ass slowly scrolling “X-Ray” display. Pretty sad.

Here’s an example of a Bio in the Tidal app, with highlighted links to click through to related artists. Amazon seems primitive in comparison.

204D0CBD-9E39-4838-AEB6-2E2632A7BFDD.png

diyaudnut

Well, in my case (and I expect that of many others), my DAC’s USB port is connected to my PC, so I can play YooToob videos and such forth. So, it makes perfect sense that the streamers use the open coaxial and optical on the DAC.
Well that's a fair point.
However, Asyc USB simply appears to be a better interface for streaming Digital music. Most DACs also seem to be focusing better implementation on their USB input. Likely no audible issues with spdif/toslink though.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Well that's a fair point.
However, Asyc USB simply appears to be a better interface for streaming Digital music. Most DACs also seem to be focusing better implementation on their USB input. Likely no audible issues with spdif/toslink though.
Certainly no issues on my RME DAC. Auto-switching between the inputs is fantastic, too.

Jmudrick

Forum Donor
So I signed up for a month of Amazon HD just to see if it has any advantages vs Tidal, which I’ve been using. As a jazz fan primarily, the metadata is extremely important. In the Tidal app, every artist having anything to do with an album or track is available, with click-through to explore that artist. Bios and album reviews are there for most.

All of this appears to be completely missing in the Amazon app, except for a dumb-ass slowly scrolling “X-Ray” display. Pretty sad.

Here’s an example of a Bio in the Tidal app, with highlighted links to click through to related artists. Amazon seems primitive in comparison.

View attachment 211457
I went through the same exercise and found zero reason to use Amazon vs Tidal or Qobuz.

tsammyc

me if I already have the whole catalog in 44k16bits.. will already be happy...
we spent 10 years satisfying cds 44k16bits
then...
(but seem not so easy!)
and we kill the sacd....at beginning of 2000!

but

to read you about mqa and wiim!
;-)

go back to the wiim..
;-)
My SACDs live on through the WiiM as ripped DSD64 files that work through uPNP

D

Deleted member 47859

After several weeks I got a reply regarding the Deezer issues (authorization gets lost, no flac on flow and radios, wrong player content for flow):
Hello Michael

Sorry for the late reply.
We already checked the bug and this problem can be solved via updating the firmware.
However, it will take longer time to fix it because of the complicated issues.
Hope u can understand.

Smartplug

After several weeks I got a reply regarding the Deezer issues (authorization gets lost, no flac on flow and radios, wrong player content for flow):
They can only do one at a time but eventually it will get fix. Their main focus is amazon hd at this time.

Pep2020

I went through the same exercise and found zero reason to use Amazon vs Tidal or Qobuz.
I'm not a fan of the Amazon app. It is merely ok. But the most obvious reason to use their music streaming service is cost. It's the lowest. I pay £6.58 per month for unlimited. That for what they call HD and Ultra HD.

Jmudrick

Forum Donor
I'm not a fan of the Amazon app. It is merely ok. But the most obvious reason to use their music streaming service is cost. It's the lowest. I pay £6.58 per month for unlimited. That for what they call HD and Ultra HD.
Not compelling to settle for a lousy app with poor compatibility to save the cost of a small latte once a month. Seems nuts to me but to each his/her own.

Last edited:

Pep2020

Amazon — $0.73 per buy
Amazon Prime — $1.39 per 1000 streams
Amazon Unlimited — $10.96 per 1000 streams
Anghami — $0.79 per 1000 streams
Apple Music — $6.77 per 1000 streams
Deezer — $4.12 per 1000 streams
Google Play — $0.73 per buy
Google Play All Access — $2.22 per 1000 streams
KKBox — $4 per 1000 streams
Medianet — $1.48 per 1000 streams
Medianet Downloads — $0.70 per download
Napster — $7.88 per 1000 streams
NetEase — $0.41 per 1000 streams
Spotify — $2.29 per 1000 streams
Tidal — $6.85 per 1000 streams
TikTok — $0.97 per 1000x used
YouTube — $3.24 per 1000 views
YouTube Red — $9.90 per 1000 views

Steve Rogers

thank you...
i did everything well
just that if appears as "hifi" on my android phone.. as soon as I want to "cast" I lose the "hifi"
;-)
(you use via toslink? or analog output? for your preference chromecast wiim.)
This is known behavior but the stream is still cd even though it does not say hifi on your phone.

thomasward00

maybe I'm "listed"...
I'm in the IT industry and can promise you are Blacklisted as needy...
Personally, I make my problem users wait at the back of the line and jump through hoops.

Top Bottom