• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Why is it difficult to get CD quality car audio gear?

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
...I would even guess that 100% of people don't know 10% of stuff...
If we followed in the footsteps of Rumsfeld's "Known-Unknown" truism; No one knows nothing!
202307_CHatBotPet.png

That's why avant-gard peeps carry their pet chatbots everywhere.

OP
ThatM1key

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
Have never been a fan and have always been a 'tone-defeatest'.:oops:
But if there is one single place where you'd want EQ/DSP: It would have to be the car environment.
That's just my 2cent imo...
EQ/DSP is always important but from a cost stand point, its pretty asking when it comes to cars.

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
?
So are band-aids... and turbos... to cover up weaknesses in design that were probably cost-driven.
Turbos are in pretty much every car these days. 4 cylinders at that. It's about emission standards - and meeting those is in no way cost-driven. It is very expensive to meet the newest emission standards.

Reactions: EJ3

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It's about emission standards - and meeting those is in no way cost-driven.
DO name another process that met those standards [?] cheaper?
Turbos are in pretty much every car these days.
I would beg to challenge that assertion.
Un-OT: Why would "we" need most of what an EQ could "fix"; if the LOAD did do an adequate job to begin with?
You cannot take the ("cost-driven") price out of it but certainly going to a cheaper LOAD and band-aiding it with an EQ sounds clever.

Top Bottom