• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

eXistenZ78

I tried swapping DACs ant this is the result:
- M300 MKII + Synology NAS (Audio Station) -> POP
- Sanskrit MKII + Mac (Audirvana) -> no pop
- M300 MKII + Mac (Audirvana) -> no pop
- Sanskrit MKII + Synology NAS -> no pop

Of course, I always played the same files.

So I think is the combination between M300 MKII DAC and some players causing the POP issue on DSD.
Since I bought the M300 MKII just for the NAS I just disabled DOP (dsd over pmc) on the NAS so DSF files are converted to PMC on the fly before being sent to the DAC. No DSD decoding no POP.

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I DSD with matrix audio streamer/dac through jriver.
I dont have any problems with pops or clicks as long as it is set up correctly within jriver..
I also DSD via my old oppo player (both 2 channel and MCH) and dont have any problems.
I actually have 2 different Matrix models and they do not have this problem with any DSD source material.

OP
MetalDaze

MetalDaze

The MKII relies on the XMOS USB interface, & I've read there are certain instances where the driver/hardware/USB Solution has been the underlying cause. Its elusive and seemingly dependent to each person's application. SMSL is also very specific about the ASIO driver which should be gotten from their web page, and implemented while using this DAC. The manual states it is a custom driver for the Native solution.

@eXistenZ78 I'm glad you found a work around. On the fly PCM conversion I've recently found (If done well as it is in the RME DAC) is a relatively seamless transition.

I DSD with matrix audio streamer/dac through jriver.
I dont have any problems with pops or clicks as long as it is set up correctly within jriver..
I also DSD via my old oppo player (both 2 channel and MCH) and dont have any problems.
I actually have 2 different Matrix models and they do not have this problem with any DSD source material.

How is this helpful? No insight to how you set up jriver "correctly" with the implication that the other member is doing something wrong. Are you using this DAC in any way? This appears to be more of a sales pitch for Matrix Audio & Oppo. A Matrix DAC/Streamer costs several times more than this rather entry level DAC. You don't have any issues with DSD? Excellent! Please offer helpful hints and solutions to others instead of trying to flaunt that you have no speed humps with your more expensive equipment.

Top Bottom