• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Show us your Mechanical Keyboards and Mods.

gorb

Forum Donor
Ducky Mecha SF Radiant Emerald Edition (cherry mx silent red)
jud97LS.jpg

Durgod Taurus K320 TKL and Filco Majestouch numpad (cherry mx brown)
DKro0Wy.jpg

Other old boards in boxes - Filco Majestouch TKL x3 (cherry mx red, mx blue, and mx brown)
rwABWWM.jpg

Not pictured are two more old boards - full size Filco Majestouch (cherry mx brown at the office and mx black in a box somewhere)

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

jae

Major Contributor
I do appreciate the thinkpad laptop keyboards. But I have owned two of the Thinkpad freestanding, desktop keyboards -- wired versions first with the old keyboard layout (up to T520 era) and the new one (T530 and later). I was disappointed with construction and with high-impact keystrokes that discouraged long typing sessions. I once again hoped for better with the newer, wireless version, but waited until I had a chance to try it before buying it, and was again disappointed. Their only virtue was access to trackpoint for fans of the pointing stick (I am one), but they feel cheesy, bounce your fingers back toward you as you type, and pretty quickly start to fall apart.

I understand the collectors' interest in the model F, but I am not a big fan of the layout.

But I'm curious about the "tex" keyboards. In the picture, they kind of look like mechanical keyboards. Are they your units in the pictures? Do you like them?
They're just from the website, I have not owned them but they were nice to use when I tried it briefly. They are mechanical, cherry-type switches. They are found here: https://tex.com.tw/collections/all

JanesJr1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Other old boards in boxes - Filco Majestouch TKL x3 (cherry mx red, mx blue, and mx brown)
rwABWWM.jpg

Not pictured are two more old boards - full size Filco Majestouch (cherry mx brown at the office and mx black in a box somewhere)
I have a Filco Majestouch, but it's still keycapped in basic business black. I didn't know this old classic still had some mojo with all the new entrants into the mechanical keyboard world.

The Filco was a rare example of a mechanical keyboard kept alive by adherents of such keyboards during the long dry period when mechanical keyboards nearly disappeared -- in Japanese businesses of all places, based on a perfectionist belief in the superiority of the older design for typists.

Last edited:

gorb

Forum Donor
I have a Filco Majestouch, but it's still keycapped in basic business black. I didn't know this old classic still had some mojo with all the new entrants into the mechanical keyboard world.

I think the Majestouch is still a nice solid board. The one at work has been in use for several years without any issues. All of mine are in basic black as well except for the numpad pictured above.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Get on my level, Noobs! :cool:
E2kWs-qVUAMwMMm.jpeg

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
So due to the recent events all my orders have been delayed until next year. Currently waiting for this:

v8R9ng6.jpg

chaos.png

Adaboy4z

20221211_204008.jpg

Top Bottom