• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Show us your audio tweaks, mods and extras

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've been wanting to start this thread for a while, finally decided to. Show us pictures of your audio tweaks, mods and extras!

The purpose of this thread is (1) mostly to just shoot the breeze, have fun and to start a conversation to pass some time and (2) to share ideas with others, maybe your tweak, mod or extras is something others would be interested in.

There will be some who will post something that has no benefit of any kind; please be respectful and civil and keep in mind, sometimes something doesn't have to be beneficial for someone to find value or joy in it.

I'll kick it off. Recently I installed a whole house surge protector. The install wasn't complicated, but it was a a lot of work because I wanted it to be flushed with the wall. Having this SPD, it gives me a piece of mind that every electronic and appliance in the house is mitigated from power surge and transients. I just hope it never has to kick in.
PXL_20231220_190457947.jpg

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I had a whole house protector installed a couple of years ago when the panel box needed to be upgraded. It didn't add very much to the cost and it's nice to have.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
The most and only effective audio tweek I use that actually enhances the enjoyment of my system is........

51013375883_8c96240b6e_c.jpg

and

16123034448_314521c159_c.jpg

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm more with Somafunk.....can't think of anything else I've got that I'd call a tweak or mod....it's all extra in a sense, tho :)

ps On the whole home surge protectors....good move but lightning can still take it out....

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
My cable lifters are purely invisible. But the effect is night and day!

Somafunk

Major Contributor
That also works, although I personally just do the first but have nothing against others doing the second.

For those that hold the obstinate view that its use is prohibited and therefor illegal such as expressed in a court appearance I attended a number of years ago ;). I countered with the argument that until you personally live with a neurological condition such as Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis and endure the day to day progressive enfeeblement of the body and mind whilst attempting to maintain a veneer of diminishing independence then you have no legitimacy in law nor moral right to pass judgment on what I choose to alleviate the daily escalation of my symptoms.

Thankfully the jury agreed with me. :).

Chr1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
DIY grilles for my KH310s as the Neumann ones are stupidly pricey. No worries flying my wee indoor drones whilst intoxicated now. Yowsa.
IMG_20231221_163418.jpg

Sgt. Ear Ache

Major Contributor
I have my speakers sitting on a couple of yoga blocks to get them up a few inches higher. No idea if there's any real audible benefit (although it does get the tweeters more at ear level)...but they do seem like they should be pretty good for the purpose in terms of isolating the speakers from the stands and so forth.

Chr1

Forum Donor
Valve amp as occasional winter heatsource. Glass shelf above angled slightly to direct warm air into the room... Was going to incorporate a small computer fan too but deemed it unnecessary.
IMG_20231221_164603.jpg

Chr1

Forum Donor
Spare Tannoy V12s as coffee tables (2 of 4 shown).
Great way to justify them being in the living room to the mrs...
IMG_20231221_165959.jpg

Chr1

Forum Donor
For those that hold the obstinate view that its use is prohibited and therefor illegal such as expressed in a court appearance I attended a number of years ago ;). I countered with the argument that until you personally live with a neurological condition such as Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis and endure the day to day progressive enfeeblement of the body and mind whilst attempting to maintain a veneer of diminishing independence then you have no legitimacy in law nor moral right to pass judgment on what I choose to alleviate the daily escalation of my symptoms.

British law is definitely an ass where weed is concerned. Great to hear you had a good outcome. Got a similarly grim neurological condition myself (mnd) and would hate to have to go to court like that.
Good on ya.

OP
CleanSound

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
British law is definitely an ass where weed is concerned. Great to hear you had a good outcome. Got a similarly grim neurological condition myself (mnd) and would hate to have to go to court like that.
Good on ya.
It is legal in many states in the US. My current employer before weed was legalized never asked for a drug test.

I personally don't use marijuana for lack of interest nor need, medical or otherwise. I hold no opinion (good nor bad) of others who does. Just want to make it clear since @Somafunk replied to my remark of apathy for weed.

egellings

Major Contributor

Good for you!

Top Bottom