• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Stop YouTube ads once and for all

DLS79

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Come on ... This is not about the advertiser & publisher financial interaction, as you are very well aware of. Instead, this is about what the advertising companies want us to do. They want us to pay attention to their ads and to buy their goods or services. And they are investing an amaaaaaaazing lot of money to reach that goal.

with regards to YT I don't care what the advertisers want, I care that the content creators get paid. Specially I'm talking about the small to midsized creators who aren't working directly with advertisers and baking paid promotions into their content.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
with regards to YT I don't care what the advertisers want, I care that the content creators get paid. Specially I'm talking about the small to midsized creators who aren't working directly with advertisers and baking paid promotions into their content.
That's why I have a YouTube Premium account. and I have donated as well to the good ones. It's important.

Basic Channel

This is hilarious. Someone whining that we don't want to watch ads. The sky is falling. LOL. Just tried a video and had zero issues watching it... Ad free. And I have no issue at all with that.

Besides, I don't need any boner pills...

Someone wont need any boner pills if YouTube manage to block adblockers.

At the next election I'll be voting for the party that supports YouTube ad blocking.

Golf

I care that the content creators get paid.

»Content creators« are part of the business, nothing else. And, should it really be a fundamental part of their business plan that we customers behave according to it neatly all the time, then they deserve what (little) they get.

DLS79

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
»Content creators« are part of the business, nothing else. And, should it really be a fundamental part of their business plan that we customers behave according to it neatly all the time, then they deserve what (little) they get.

Ever heard of Patreon?

DannyBoyNYC

Side topic - using Brave on MacOS? Can't live without PIP? I use StopTheMadness for all manner of things, including now adding PIP to Brave. This adds Safari- and Firefox-like Picture in Picture to the contextual menu.

If I wanted to support the content producer I'd use Patreon except they don't allow one time payments. If I sent recurring payments to every podcast and uTube creator I follow I'd be nickel and timed to death in no time.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Side topic - using Brave on MacOS? Can't live without PIP? I use StopTheMadness for all manner of things, including now adding PIP to Brave. This adds Safari- and Firefox-like Picture in Picture to the contextual menu.

If I wanted to support the content producer I'd use Patreon except they don't allow one time payments. If I sent recurring payments to every podcast and uTube creator I follow I'd be nickel and timed to death in no time.
Well, that indicates their content isn't worth the cost of creation or that you aren't giving proper value to the creators. Musicians sometimes operate in a similar environment in real life. Often they don't make enough to live on. They just have a need to be creative and manage to struggle by with the hope of hitting it big. I suppose their results are valuable, but not valuable enough and they are stuck needing to create. Also explains why professional musicians as a group have much shorter lifespans than the general population (excepting blues musicians quite ironically).

DannyBoyNYC

Well, that indicates their content isn't worth the cost of creation or that you aren't giving proper value to the creators. Musicians sometimes operate in a similar environment in real life. Often they don't make enough to live on. They just have a need to be creative and manage to struggle by with the hope of hitting it big. I suppose their results are valuable, but not valuable enough and they are stuck needing to create. Also explains why professional musicians as a group have much shorter lifespans than the general population (excepting blues musicians quite ironically).
I attend many concerts here in NYC and my physical music collection is increasingly populated by CDs and LPs from the merch bar. (Better support than a Spotify account as the bulk of the sales go to the artist.) I can't think of an audio related uTuber that I would patronize but I did buy a pair of speakers recently using Erin's affiliate link. He claims to make less than $20 per video upload (guess where the bulk of the advertiser dollars are going). I do support the NY Public Library and a dozen or so other institutions with monthly payments. Otherwise my support is in the form of yearly one time payments - many of them (NPR, WFMU, The Intercept) are tax deductible. Add the monthly payments made to The NY Times, Washington Post, Atlantic, Economist ... and my monthly nut is pretty much maxed out.

OP
sweetchaos

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
New statement as of 3 days ago:

Explanation:

Please report if you experience this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom