• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Review and Measurements of Bluesound NODE 2i Streamer

Hi Gus -- my claim about the Toslink possibly being defective on the Node 2i comes from ASR's own review of the Node. Amir found that the SINAD was considerably worse, quite terrible in fact, when using the Toslink. ... .
I may have read that part of the review wrong, but I think he was referring to measuring the mini-Toslink-input and saying that part was potentially defective. Maybe @amirm can clear that up?

Cheers
Gus

I may have read that part of the review wrong, but I think he was referring to measuring the mini-Toslink-input and saying that part was potentially defective. Maybe @amirm can clear that up?

Cheers
Gus
Ah, I believe you are correct that the problem is the mini-Toslink input, not the Toslink out, now having read Amir's review more carefully.

Apologies for the confusion!

Ah, I believe you are correct that the problem is the mini-Toslink input, not the Toslink out, now having read Amir's review more carefully.

Apologies for the confusion!
Oh, no problem. I was just checking to see if there was any news to confirm my subjective bias towards the coax-out.

Cheers

Oh, no problem. I was just checking to see if there was any news to confirm my subjective bias towards the coax-out.

Cheers

I've had both the Node 2 and Node 2i for a couple of years now. I've used only the coax out on them both primarily, and I've never heard any thing audibly wrong with any of them. I currently have the Coax output split to two different dacs, a Schiit Gungnir Multibit for my Parasound amp, and the Schiit Modi 3 to my Beyerdynamic headphone amp.

bluenode2config.JPG