• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Quarantine Question: KEF Q350 or LSX

amdhartono

Hi guys, need some information during this quarantine period. I would rather go to the store and listen myself, but who knows when that might be, so hopefully i can get some insight and just order them online

I'm currently looking at 2 options
- Q350 paired with NAD C 328, or
- LSX

I listen to mostly indie/techno music. And prefer a more dynamic/live sound. My room is about 19*7*7(ft about 1172sqft) or 6*2.4*2.4(M or 34sqm).

I have a Klipsch rp600m at the moment, so if any one has any experience comparing it to them.

Thanks!!! and be safe

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Assuming you are limiting yourself to these two KEF choices, and dynamics is important to you, the Q350 should be able to play significantly louder than the LSX. The LF/MF driver of the Q350 is 6.5 inch, and the LSX is only 4.5 inch. But IMHO, I'd think neither one is stellar in terms of SPL capabilties.

If you are willing to consider other brands, the ELAC Debut Reference DBR-62 and the Kali IN-8 reviewed here seem like decent choices. The Klipsch RP-600M is reviewed here too and it didn't do so well.

For truly good bass (in terms of both quality and quantity), proper bass management is a must. Use subwoofer(s) and high pass the mains, and apply room EQ based on measurements.

Top Bottom