• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NEOHIPO ET30 VU Meter Speaker Switcher Review

Rate this VU meter/Selector

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 51 24.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 149 70.3%

• Total voters

NEOHIPO

Yeah, it's sold out on Amazon, :(
Thank you all for your support. The first batch of 300 units sold out not long ago, and over half of the second batch of 200 units on our Amazon store has already been sold. It may take until February for new stock to arrive. If you have a demand, it's recommended to expedite your purchase. Thank you all for your support.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Yes, I am very much looking forward to seeing your video(s), since I took my videos in response to your kind request!:D

short clip taken with a cheap phone (and uses internal mic) ....

You need to unzip to view the clip.

Attachments

• power meter.mp4.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 85

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Oh, I am very happy to know that you found it in your attic, and you were so quick taking the video!:D
Yes, I could unzip and watched/listened to it; really nice DIY peak audio meter; thank you very much for sharing.

Last edited:

Todd k

Forum Donor

Thank you for doing that. Could you give a short explanation of what exactly the lights are indicating? I think I know but would appreciate description so my caveman brain can be sure. Thanx again.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello everyone, we are the NEOHIPO team. Although we are new members registered on ASR, we have actually been following the ASR forum for quite some time. We are thrilled that you all like the NEOHIPO ET30 product. We greatly value the valuable suggestions from ASR forum members and hope to engage in more discussions in the days ahead.

Hello NEOHIPO Team!
Welcome to ASR Forum, and I am very happy hearing/reading your first post above.

Let me suggest you my idea for possible pure "Vertically and Horizontally Connectable IEC60268-17 (Almost-)Compatible VU Meter Module" for your kind and intensive consideration. I assume this suggestive diagram would be self-explanatory;
WS00006691.JPG

The impedance of line-level input should be 3,200 Ohm, and the ballistic behavior of the needle should be (almost) compatible with IEC 60268-17 VU meter specifications.

If you would prefer one LED color instead of multiple LED color selection, I myself do prefer 2,700K uniform LED illumination on white VU-meter plate. The color temperature and illumination uniformity are critically important for VU meter array construction using this possible VU module.

The through-out signals of SP high-level, RCA unbalanced, XLR balanced should be exactly the same as the respective input signal, and they should meet with @amirm's satisfaction upon his intensive measurements!;)

If you could implement/install convenient and robust physical connection mechanism, vertically and horizontally, we would easily build stereo L&R VU meter, and also we would use as many modules as possible to build Multichannel VU Meter Array of our demand, like in this diagram;
WS00006699.JPG

I assume your team are already aware of my rather intensive DIY efforts in building my IEC 60268-17 compatible 12-VU-Meter Array. Many of my dear ASR friends already expressed great interest in building multichannel VU meter array (almost) compatible with IEC 60268-17 specifications easily and affordably.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 48726

Thank you all for your support. The first batch of 300 units sold out not long ago, and over half of the second batch of 200 units on our Amazon store has already been sold. It may take until February for new stock to arrive. If you have a demand, it's recommended to expedite your purchase. Thank you all for your support.
Do you have any plans for a 43 cm. width model?

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Thank you for doing that. Could you give a short explanation of what exactly the lights are indicating? I think I know but would appreciate description so my caveman brain can be sure. Thanx again.
The stationary lights indicate the power rating of the amp that is connected.
As I had multiple amps I wanted to set the power level of the peak meter to the connected amp.
Originally I did not have this 'max power' light and from a distance I could not possibly tell if I were hitting the clipping level.
So I added the max level so I could see from a great distance how far I was removed from the clipping point of the amp.
It is not a reset-able peak hold.

I was not interested in average powers etc. I only wanted to see the peak level that was reached even if it was just as short as a Dirac pulse.
So the dancing LEDs are the peak powers that were reached and built in a slow decay so even the shortest peak would be visible.

Last edited:

Todd k

Forum Donor
The stationary lights indicate the power rating of the amp that is connected.
As I had multiple amps I wanted to set the power level to the connected amp.
Originally I did not have this 'max power' light and from a distance I could not possibly tell if I were hitting the clipping level.
So I added the max level so I could see from a great distance how far I was removed from the clipping point of the amp.
It is not a reset-able peak hold.

I was not interested in average powers etc. I only wanted to see the peak level that was reached even if it was just as short as a Dirac pulse.
So the dancing LEDs are the peak powers that were reached and built in a slow decay so even the shortest peak would be visible.
Thank you

NEOHIPO

Hello NEOHIPO Team!
Welcome to ASR Forum, and I am very happy hearing/reading your first post above.

Let me suggest you my idea for possible pure "Vertically and Horizontally Connectable IEC60268-17 (Almost-)Compatible VU Meter Module" for your kind and intensive consideration. I assume this suggestive diagram would be self-explanatory;
View attachment 335457

The impedance of line-level input should be 3,200 Ohm, and the ballistic behavior of the needle should be (almost) compatible with IEC 60268-17 VU meter specifications.

If you would prefer one LED color instead of multiple LED color selection, I myself do prefer 2,700K uniform LED illumination on white VU-meter plate. The color temperature and illumination uniformity are critically important for VU meter array construction using this possible VU module.

The through-out signals of SP high-level, RCA unbalanced, XLR balanced should be exactly the same as the respective input signal, and they should meet with @amirm's satisfaction upon his intensive measurements!;)

If you could implement/install convenient and robust physical connection mechanism, vertically and horizontally, we would easily build stereo L&R VU meter, and also we would use as many modules as possible to build Multichannel VU Meter Array of our demand, like in this diagram;
View attachment 335587

I assume your team are already aware of my rather intensive DIY efforts in building my IEC 60268-17 compatible 12-VU-Meter Array. Many of my dear ASR friends already expressed great interest in building multichannel VU meter array (almost) compatible with IEC 60268-17 specifications easily and affordably.
Okay, thank you very much for your suggestion. We will consider it seriously, and we'll inform you promptly if there are any updates.

D

Deleted member 48726

Yes, thank you for your suggestion. If feasible, this will be taken into consideration for our new product.
Thank you for responding.

Many people have std. width. 43 cm. HiFi gear at home. There are not any products like yours for these people. It will fit perfectly on top of some of this gear.

I hope you will take this up and I think you will be surprised at how well a 43 cm. model will sell.

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, thank you for your suggestion. If feasible, this will be taken into consideration for our new product.

Any plans for line level version?

kelesh

Back in stock on Amazon, and with a 20% off coupon!
Deal. I would like to know, however, exactly what in this unit is "hazardous". Amazon have lost their minds.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231221-200529.jpg
    Screenshot_20231221-200529.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 70
D

Deleted member 48726

For my testing, I used the unit parallel to my amplifier. In other words, I did not test it as a switcher but VU meter.

Why is that?

If it were to be used as a/b device you would like to know if it's transparent in series.

KarVi71

Back in stock on Amazon, and with a 20% off coupon!
Makes me wonder why I got an email today saying my order placed on the 14th of december, for delivery today, has been delayed with no exact delivery date ...

Bernd

Forum Donor
I Suppose this a bit of a silly question:

- my streamer is a Raspberry PI4 which connects
- to an RME ADI 2 via USB. This connects to my
- my Topping A70 Discreet via XLR

How do I fit this NEOHIPO ET30 VU into my setup ??

Thanks in advance

kelesh

For some reason, Amazon now refuses to ship this item to a pickup location. They did take my order, though, before this message came up. I'll report back with an update if my order is actually shipped.

Top Bottom