• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 341 86.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 38 9.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 10 2.5%

• Total voters

sresener

If it was easier to send in I would be interested to see how my old manhatten 2 performs

JSmith

Master Contributor
Some members often ask why @amirm bothers to test these types of products... here is your answer. Some may say none of this is audible... for me this is a "bridge too far". Expensive and poorly executed. Thanks for taking the time to expose this lemon Amir.

A slightly higher res pic, not from the manufacturer (pre-production);

1708737971900.png

I believe this also has a small fan, which many may not like when it comes on...

JSmith

Multicore

Major Contributor
As a gaming PC user for over 2 decades, I don't get the point of audio streamers at all let alone something as expensively bad as this one.
I prefer not to have a PC in the living room to play music there so I like the WiiM streamer that. It's pretty good. There are enough computers in my life.

Mikig

I ask a question! ,

a desktop box like this, with preamplifier, DAC, Bridge Roon computer, phono preamp, and headphone amp, which therefore integrates digital and analog components in the same box with a toroid in the middle, would not deserve a bigger box and some physical protection between the main boards.
In your opinion, is this performance the result of a wrong electronic design or an unfortunate internal layout that is too congested for the available dimensions?

sam_adams

Major Contributor
This is such a disappointment given how engorged the enthusiast community was over Mytek products a few years back. It has lots of features and a plethora of I/O—given that it is a minicomputer. Cramming that naked toroid next to all those sensitive inputs, however—shameful. For the price, they should have put it in a MuMetal can and routed the leads a bit better to reduce the radiated noise. Given the price/performance ratio, I have to agree with @amirm that this is not to be recommended.

Palladium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I prefer not to have a PC in the living room to play music there so I like the WiiM streamer that. It's pretty good. There are enough computers in my life.

I'm never dabbled with dedicated streamers or even the PC version of it, but theoretically even an Android phone plugged to a USB DAC can do everything they can.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My head hurts when I go through some of these Headless Panther reviews. Especially when I think of the poor, obsessed schmucks who read stuff like Positive Feedback, and TAS and then reach the conclusion this little decoratively corrugated box-o-digital crap is somehow their end game worth $5k of their lifetime earnings. Just want to tell those guys there has to be something better to waste their money on. And, of course, that would be just about anything else.

Last edited:

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yuck voted poor.
Was thinking not terrible until I saw the filter choice , then it moved into broken territory you don’t ever select that kind of filter as the default if you are a competent designer, if it’s a proxy for how they think in general it’s not good .

A compact multifunction device is allowed to not have sota performance, but this box seems filled with bad engineering choices ?

Palladium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
My head hurts when I go through some of these Headless Panther reviews. Especially when I think of the poor, obsessed schmucks who read stuff like Positive Feedback, and TAS and then reach the conclusion this little decoratively corrugated box-o-digital crap is somehow their end game worth $5k of their lifetime earnings. Just want to tell those guys there has to be something better to waste their money on. And, of course, that would be just about anything else.

There's a high chance you can get better sound by spending much less on Sonos wireless speakers.

Top Bottom