• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I have been looking for deals on revel products. Is there a vendor in the US that provides the provides the deepest discounts on either of these? The listed price on their products is always the same, but vendors can often provide discounts. I was specifically looking at the m105 and m106.
They are not allowed to advertise discounts so you would have to contact them to know how low they go.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have been looking for deals on revel products. Is there a vendor in the US that provides the provides the deepest discounts on either of these? The listed price on their products is always the same, but vendors can often provide discounts. I was specifically looking at the m105 and m106.

I had the same question and chatted with a member here on ASR who lives in my city who directed me to a retailer who gave me an unbelievable discount on a pair of F209s. You may be pleasantly surprised at the discount.

warthor

I had the same question and chatted with a member here on ASR who lives in my city who directed me to a retailer who gave me an unbelievable discount on a pair of F209s. You may be pleasantly surprised at the discount.

May I ask which retailer? That sounds promising.

Edit: I have to get them shipped to me sadly, I don't live near the dealers.

Last edited:

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
These are on sale at MusicTeck used. Anyone know much about these?
Screenshot_20210207-160534_Chrome.jpg

manoy385

These are on sale at MusicTeck used. Anyone know much about these?
View attachment 111141
The Sendy Aiva shares the same driver as the Monoprice M570 and Takstar HF580. A lot of people say the Aiva and the M570 sound very similar so if you can find the M570 for cheaper, might as well go for that.

hmscott

Addicted to Fun and Learning

SimpleTheater

Forum Donor
Anyone have any opinion on the sub ? Seems like a decent sub for a desktop setup ?
Seems like a great deal. Too bad it doesn't have line out connectors to connect out to powered speakers.

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Anyone have any opinion on the sub ? Seems like a decent sub for a desktop setup ?

Testimonials I have read from people who have owned it indicate it's a good subwoofer for the price. Just don't expect it to fill a giant room with sound. But it doesn't sound like you need it for that.

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Seems like a great deal. Too bad it doesn't have line out connectors to connect out to powered speakers.
Correct, two RCA L/R line in (or LFE) connections only. Some of the early marketing for it mistakenly showed additional connections which it does not have, that resulted in negative owner reviews. It is unusual in that it is a sealed, not vented cabinet. So, not so loud, but perhaps tighter bass. May be a great choice for on the floor next to a desktop setup.

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Correct, two RCA L/R line in (or LFE) connections only. Some of the early marketing for it mistakenly showed additional connections which it does not have, that resulted in negative owner reviews. It is unusual in that it is a sealed, not vented cabinet. So, not so loud, but perhaps tighter bass. May be a great choice for on the floor next to a desktop setup.
I'm thinking about it to go with my page of 705p on the desktop. I just fear it's not going to fill in very much.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

R12rex

Im using this sub for this exact purpose. For the sale price, it performs very well and would happily recommend it to any of my family or friends who needed to fill in some low end. They don’t punch as well as my Rythmik subs and is definitely not as articulate but the JBL does not disappoint at under 200. I have it connected to my SMSL SA300 crossed over at ~105 Hz, a Geshelli JNOG DAC and Triangle Borea BR02 speakers. It’s a wonderful setup for near field.

Kind Regards,
Ryan

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Outdoor speaker:
Focal 100 OD8
Was US$300/ea, now on sale for US$200/ea (33% drop) on amazon.com
Lowest price in the last year.
This is selling from March of 2019.
Spec sheet shows 8" woofer.
Check out that posted frequency response...:eek: Better than 99% of regular speakers! :p
2021-02-08 22_29_26-100od8_specification-sheet.pdf.png

Is this the replacement of the Focus OD 706 V that Amir reviewed?
Which was discontinued on Amazon in June last year.
Spec sheet says 6.5" woofer.

Last edited:

Kachda

Forum Donor
Outdoor speaker:
Focal 100 OD8
Was US$300/ea, now on sale for US$200/ea (33% drop) on amazon.com
Lowest price in the last year.
This is selling from March of 2019.
Spec sheet shows 8" woofer.
Check out that posted frequency response...:eek: Better than 99% of regular speakers! :p
View attachment 111424

Is this the replacement of the Focus OD 706 V that Amir reviewed?
Which was discontinued on Amazon in June last year.
Spec sheet says 6.5" woofer.
That y scale is 80db! Even my coughs will generate a flat response :):cool:

Top Bottom