• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Kachda

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I need to say that I find it great that running a business on this, you still invest the time posting deals regularly here, and without even trying to ever promote your business. Kudos!
clearly he isn’t a “desperate dealer” ;)

ed3lva

Everything else is used, but these first couple are new.

SMSL C200 USB DAC Headphone Amplifier $131
Picked up hte SMSL C200 used for $131 at Amazon. There is still a note from the previous buyer indicating that the unit does not power up and no accessories (i.e. power cable, remote). Sending back tomorrow. They don't even take the time to see what's wrong with the unit. I wrote a note outside the box.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Picked up hte SMSL C200 used for $131 at Amazon. There is still a note from the previous buyer indicating that the unit does not power up and no accessories (i.e. power cable, remote). Sending back tomorrow. They don't even take the time to see what's wrong with the unit. I wrote a note outside the box.
I've run into that with aoshida-us a few times but never with Hificollege, they test their stuff. I spoke with an Amazon rep and returns for defective don't count against your account negatively, but it's still disappointing. If there's two or three of an item I usually get them all just in case one is a dud. Aoshida tells you to return it, but Hificollege honors their 1 year warranty, so I prefer them always if it's a similar item/price.
I have a C200 coming from the tomorrow so I'm holding my breath to see if it's good. This took 3 weeks from Aoshida in China so it should be one that's checked out.

Steven Holt

Forum Donor
Hey,
I have a business and sell $6k a month in audio equipment. I have a blog but the thought of doing reviews is overwhelming as my Google Photos has over 13,000 pictures of audio items I've sold over the years. Maybe if I did it by brand it would be possible, but otherwise too much time. The neat thing is being able to try new stuff as it comes up, and be unbiased since I'm not beholden to any one brand (my permanent daily driver is an SMSL DL200 with a Topping A30 Pro). Got a bunch of IEM multikits yesterday, the ones with the boom microphone are really cool for gamers. The TRN stuff on Aliexpress are good so far, just have to be careful to get the right one. The translated descriptions are spotty at best.

Couple of new ones while I'm here:

Topping DX5 $202

Topping D10s $65

Topping D70 Pro Octo $450

SMSL AO200MKII Digital Power Amplifier $175
That D10s is 109, not 65. Was it some sort of 'flash deal'?

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That D10s is 109, not 65. Was it some sort of 'flash deal'?
It was when I posted, used items show in the right side column. For example if you go to:
https://www.amazon.com/KGUSS-Discrete-Headphone-Amplifier-Pre-Amplifier/dp/B0B4JRY19Z/ ($449)
Lower right they show the used price in the box. The last one for the D10s was probably bought within 5 minutes of posting by someone.

Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 05-21-51 Amazon.com Topping A90 Discrete NFCA Headphone Amplifier Pre...png
On that note, here's some eBay stuff to mix it up a little. None of these eBay listings are mine. All are buy it now with good set prices for what they're offering. Be careful of the Sennheiser IE900 on eBay currently. There's a liquidator with six listed at "too good to be true" prices and I doubt someone selling household goods and Amazon returns just happened to get six of them. For the IE900 fakes, things to look for:
Nozzles on real ones are black, not grey.
Tips on the right side have flat faces, if they're all rounded over it's a fake.
On the cable, the logo is a hologram in the light on real ones, fakes are painted logos.

DROP + Sennheiser HD 8XX $677

TOPPING A70 Pro $399

Beyerdynamic DT 880 Headphones (250 ohms) $99

JDS Labs Atom Desktop DAC/Amp Stack $120

Audeze LCD-X 2021 $695

beyerdynamic dt 700 pro x $125

S.M.S.L THX SH-9 $175 (they sent an offer already for that so they'd accept it)

Tomtom

Denon 30% Off site wide promo code 7F77XSQ7NS

I saw a comment from earlier today on Slickdeals in which someone mentioned this code. I went to Denon's site and put the AVR-A1H in my cart, applied the promo code and it worked! Dropped the price from $6,499 to $4,549.30. Now if only I had a spare $4,600. Actually not looking to buy another AVR, but just wanted to confirm the code was valid and thought it would be fun to try with the most expensive model. I can't say with any certainty if the code is truly site wide, how long it will last, or if there are any limitations, but if you're shopping for Denon gear it's worth a shot.

Ngower

In the market for a budget AVR to relieve my hifi setup of that duty. Grabbed an X1700H with this code. Thanks!

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Interesting that KEF no longer lists the retail price of LS60 Wireless.
Only the sale price as the normal price.

USA:
In USD:
1705651299084.png

Canadian:
in CDN:
1705651277890.png

Plus there's no longer any mention of sale expiration date in these links.

Anyway, quick observation.

soerenssen

Addicted to Fun and Learning

I saw a comment from earlier today on Slickdeals in which someone mentioned this code. I went to Denon's site and put the AVR-A1H in my cart, applied the promo code and it worked! Dropped the price from $6,499 to $4,549.30. Now if only I had a spare $4,600. Actually not looking to buy another AVR, but just wanted to confirm the code was valid and thought it would be fun to try with the most expensive model. I can't say with any certainty if the code is truly site wide, how long it will last, or if there are any limitations, but if you're shopping for Denon gear it's worth a shot.
It doesn't work on denon.com/de-de unfortunately, so it's not exactly site-wide, but I like the trend, hopefully soon it'll go in the same direction in Europe too. Now that the Dirac promo is over and considering the price drop in November, there is one less reason for the price of the A1H to stay at the current level.

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
I've run into that with aoshida-us a few times but never with Hificollege, they test their stuff. I spoke with an Amazon rep and returns for defective don't count against your account negatively, but it's still disappointing. If there's two or three of an item I usually get them all just in case one is a dud. Aoshida tells you to return it, but Hificollege honors their 1 year warranty, so I prefer them always if it's a similar item/price.
I have a C200 coming from the tomorrow so I'm holding my breath to see if it's good. This took 3 weeks from Aoshida in China so it should be one that's checked out.
Thank you for the comparison between HiFi College and Aoshida US. I use 4 pieces of Topping gear from the 'Aoshida HiFi - US' storefront at Amazon USA. Aoshida appears to have dropped the name 'Aoshida-HiFi US' and the negative reviews that accumulated under that Amazon storefront name in favor of 'Aoshida Audio - US' where 36 ratings have been posted to date and Amazon has crossed out six negative reviews since July 2023.

ta240

Major Contributor

Wow, it works on sale and even refurbished items

stren

Forum Donor
Interesting that KEF no longer lists the retail price of LS60 Wireless.
Only the sale price as the normal price.

Plus there's no longer any mention of sale expiration date in these links.

Anyway, quick observation.

Nice - this doesn't surprise me. IMO great value, but as more "lifestyley" speakers at 7K they were a big ask for most people not used to "audiophile sticker shock" lol.

Also just to add - 3800H routinely goes to 1K, even down to 900 occasionally, so I wouldnt' jump at that price ;)

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Weekend update from eBay (not my listings), Apos, and Amazon. The eBay liquidators are started slashing prices on the Amazon and other holiday returns. You'll see either no reserve auctions that all end on Sunday (since they ship on Monday) or multi quantity listings like headphones at huge discounts. See the first eBay listing for a good example.

Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO $79.95 OBO free shipping - Used condition but just one photo. They show qty 7 left

Creative Sound Blaster AE-7 (no audio control module, which is just a glorified extension cord) $104.99 OBO he sent coupons out for $97 and have 4 currently available so they'll take an offer

Topping A90 Discrete silver $449 like new with 1 year warranty

Topping G5 (black) used good condition $220

Topping L50 silver - used very good $120

Topping Pre90 silver used acceptable $420

Topping D90LE black like new $550

Topping DX9 used acceptable $1,000

Topping DM7 8 CH USB DAC used like new $400

Topping A90D $449 (black, Apos warranty)

TOPPING NX7 Portable Headphone Amplifier $134.25

TOPPING E70 DAC (silver ES9028Pro) $261

SMSL M500 MKII $261 like new

Topping A90D discrete black $480, used good condition 1 year Hifi College warranty

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Quick flash update:
Two Sennheiser HD800s for sale, $750 each + 25 shipping OBO. I'm tempted to get one at that price.

Top Bottom