• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

ampguy

SMSL A300 is $172 on Amazon today. For folks in the US, they seem in stock, as delivery date is in a couple of days. This amp hasn't been reviewed here, but in my observations, it's easily 80W per channel or more, has EQ, sub management (limited), and is mono bridgeable with 2 units. Downside is the volume control, while electronic JRC, is not a great feel manually on the unit itself, and no balanced ins or trigger control, and the bass management is fixed high pass of 100Hz on or off, but just happens to work well for me. YMMV.

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
Linkplay is now selling a 'refurbished' WiiM Mini audio streamer at their outlet store on Ebay for $59.99 USD.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Some stuff I recently got on Aliexpress just to change it up. Amazon is full retail right now after the Prime sale got finished. Every retailer adjusted their prices back up that night if you check on Google Shopping. Good deals on stuff are going to harder to find until the holiday season starts.

Here's what came in this week that was a good deal.

USB voltage meter $1.99 with the phone app when it prompts for that sale. I haven't calibrated it yet, but it works. Will check it on some things later.

Audio Technical ADH 700/900/1000 pads for $5.59 and some small discounts too. These are a win, thicker than stock pads, but they're not angled. The material feels just the same as the cloth that comes original. If your ear is touching the drivers on your A-T headphones, this will cure it. A-T has the original pads for $11 each (they're separate part numbers) and I think it was $12 shipping when I got the last set from them).

Bluetooth 5.1 adapter $1.99 using the phone app sale they offer at startup. This I've used on a lot of things, good range and no breakups or other problems with headphones, DACs, and a clock radio I use it with. It'll reach downstairs in a townhouse without a problem. Windows 11 found it and so did Linux Mint without any fuss.

These two I have on the way, so can't comment on them yet. Prices are good considering Prime day has wrapped up. Heard enough trusted reviews go over them that they're worth checking. Current favorites they'll have to beat are:
Truthear Zero Blue (red is better for gaming with less bass distortion, blue for music with it's vocal presence IMHO).
Seeaudio Yume II (all around for me, cannot find a fault at the price range, comfy too, no hard edges)
Sennheiser IE600 Worth it on a big sale, but for full retail you're better off getting 3-4 good ones in a collection.

Kinera Idun Golden ( 2.0 ) $135 + 5% off also

Yincrow Calf ear buds $57 with $2 store coupon

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Kinera Idun Golden ( Idun 2.0 ) $129

Tanchjim Space Mini Portable USB C DAC AMP $73.20

FAAEAL Balanced Cable $15.99
Just got these and they're nice, fits the HD700, Final Audio Sonorous, and M1060c with the 3.5mm TS connectors.
Soft and non microphonic, best price on balanced 4.4mm cables I've gotten so far.

Topping G5 Portable $240 used from Hificollege (they test their used stuff, always works)

SMSL M400 DAC used very good $589 from the SMSL Factory Store

S.M.S.L SP400 Headphone Amplifier $440 new

SMSL DO200 MKII MQA DAC $281 used

S.M.S.L SH-9 Headphone Amplifier $236 used

SMSL SH-8s Amplifier $150 new

MoreWatts

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
JBL in the USA has their least expensive Stage series of speakers at a nice discount. Prices are each. These all have a 1-inch (25mm) Aluminum cone tweeter, not a horn/compression driver like in the discontinued series.

A190 floorstander: 2 ½-way, dual 8-inch (200mm) woofers = $299.95 reduced from $499.95 Save 40%
A180 floorstander: 2 ½-way, dual 6.5-inch (165mm) woofers = $199.95 reduced from $399.95 Save 50%
A170 floorstander: 2 ½-way, dual 8-inch (200mm) woofers = $179.95 reduced from $299.95 Save 40%
A130 stand mount: 2-way, 5.25-inch (133mm) woofer = $199.95 reduced from $299.95 Save 33%
A120 stand mount: 2-way, 4.5-inch (114mm) woofer = $149.95 reduced from $249.95 Save 40%
A135C center: 2-way, 6 x 3-inch (76mm) woofers = $179.95 reduced from $299.95 Save 40%
A125C center: 2-way, 2 x 5.25-inch (133mm) woofers = $119.95 reduced from $299.95 Save 60%
A120P subwoofer: 12-inch (300mm) 500W = $299.95 reduced from $499.95 Save 40%
A100P subwoofer: 10-inch (250mm) 300W = $239.95 reduced from $399.95 Save 40%

JBL Stage Least Expensive 5.1 = A120 x 4 + A125C + A100P = 600 + 120 + 240 = $860!
JBL Stage Best 5.1 = A190 x 2 + A130 x 2 + A135C + A120P = 600 + 400 + 180 + 300 = $1480.

Shipping appears to be free. I don't know when the sale ends. I don't know if all dealers have discounts. These are from JBL directly. :cool:

Last edited:

MoreWatts

Forum Donor
This was posted in the 'Revel Owners Thread' at AVSForum (the USA one), here's a link to the post. It was posted by a dealer, Rex Anderson, who posts and answers questions in the thread regularly. Rex is the "I":

"REVEL PERFORMA Be SPEAKERS ON SALE AUGUST 1 - OCTOBER 31 25% OFF MSRP!
ALL MODELS, ALL FINISHES!

I had to take advantage of this sale for my own personal system and bought a pair of F328Be, ETA is 10/2/23. If you want any of these speakers, I suggest you order asap (we can't take orders until the sale starts). They will sell out fast. Sale prices will be good until the sale ends, but if you don't get in the queue, you might not get in on the first shipment."

MacCali

Major Contributor
This was posted in the 'Revel Owners Thread' at AVSForum (the USA one), here's a link to the post. It was posted by a dealer, Rex Anderson, who posts and answers questions in the thread regularly. Rex is the "I":

"REVEL PERFORMA Be SPEAKERS ON SALE AUGUST 1 - OCTOBER 31 25% OFF MSRP!
ALL MODELS, ALL FINISHES!

I had to take advantage of this sale for my own personal system and bought a pair of F328Be, ETA is 10/2/23. If you want any of these speakers, I suggest you order asap (we can't take orders until the sale starts). They will sell out fast. Sale prices will be good until the sale ends, but if you don't get in the queue, you might not get in on the first shipment."
Ummmm what’s his shop though? He posted no link and search TSR it comes up as pro audio and a shop in Australia lol

MoreWatts

Forum Donor
Ummmm what’s his shop though? He posted no link and search TSR it comes up as pro audio and a shop in Australia lol
His shop's website is http://www.thescreeningroomav.com/. It's in his signature at the linked AVSForum post. The Screening Room AV has showrooms in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and Las Vegas, Nevada.

So I assume this is a USA deal.

Also, mods, I don't want to mention dealers inapproprately here, not sure on policy. Just mentioning a deal. I can remove references to this dealer if needed. :cool:

MacCali

Major Contributor
His shop's website is http://www.thescreeningroomav.com/. It's in his signature at the linked AVSForum post. The Screening Room AV has showrooms in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and Las Vegas, Nevada.

Also, mods, I don't want to mention dealers inapproprately here, not sure on policy. Just mentioning a deal. I can remove references to this dealer if needed. :cool:
Retailer maybe no longer carrying the line or a new line is about to drop, which would mean everyone would have the sale shortly as well.

TankTop

I’m in the Springs and this is a local reputable dealer specializing in custom JBL home theaters, buy with confidence

CJPopovich

I have picked up multiple sets of Revel speakers from The Screening Room ranging from a single M105 through F226BE's in a few different transactions over the past couple years. I have only dealt with Rex. Super easy to deal with, no bs, clear communication, great prices, I wish all sales were as easy as dealing with Rex.

isostasy

Not a deal, but I can't find an 'unscrupulous sellers' thread here on ASR:

I've come across an eBay listing supposedly for Sennheiser HD580, 600, or 650 replacement capsules + drivers. Besides the fact these 3 all different anyway, they've said in the description that they're 150 ohms, which would make them parts from a HD535, 545, or 565.

As the seller knows they're 150 ohms and has other audio equipment for sale, some high end, I think they know full well they're being untruthful.

I've reported it as search and browse manipulation but doubt ebay will do anything as it isn't obvious (to someone who doesn't frequent ASR) that it's wrong and it doesn't give you a textbox to explain.

Anything else I can do? I know it's a small issue but it bothers me that someone less knowledgeable could be looking for parts to fix their headphones and be mislead into buying these.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Have a few things I came across today.

Used Topping DX7Pro $330 plus a 10 percent off coupon but $20 shipping

SMSL SH-9 $188 on Apos with warranty. I've had a few of them and really good amps. Free shipping and no tax.

SMSL DO200 MKII used $281

Moondrop Chaconne $207 Apos certified (1 yr warranty). I just ordered a pair to try them out.

Last edited:

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Denon AVR-X3800H 9-Channel 8K Network AV Receiver $999 + Free Shipping
adorama.com deal
$999 + free s/h with code JULY2123

dridel

Focal Utopia 2022 are $2300 off at Adorama with coupon

JULY2123​

I just got myself a pair :) Upgrading from B&W P7 Wireless so pretty excited! These might well be the last pair of headphones I'll ever buy...

h/t u/betel_nut down at Reddit

Top Bottom