• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

The big summer sale has ended with some places, prices on gear is going back up for the most part. Mainly the things still one sale are older models to clear room for the new ones. The last three Amazon summer sales like the one coming up has been a complete bust for anything quality or name brand someone here would want. I remember last year and it was all no name ear buds and Bluetooth speakers. Also I notice that the MSRP on the stuff gets inflated before that sale so they "70% off" is actually the normal sale price on many things, so I wouldn't hold your breath on that this year.

Some current stuff as of today:

Hifiman has some really good deals on their open box and clearance sale section, best to check manually since some are for U.S./Canada only and others are just for EU countries. I'm currently testing the Audivina, but have several others and prefer the Edition XS stealth for music without EQ and the Ananda Stealth is absolute kingpin for gaming, but not as fun as the Edition XS for music, unless you EQ it to give it some personality.

TOPPING D90LE DAC Black (Apos Certified) $599

SMSL VMV D1se MQA DAC (Apos Certified) $503

Topping MX5 Multi-Function Power Amplifier $209
https://www.amazon.com/Topping-Multi-Function-Amplifier-Headphone-Amplifiers/dp/B09NXCZZMY/

LETSHUOER S12 in Ear Monitor $107 used very good. I just sold one of these this week and at $107 it's worth it all day long. I wouldn't pay full retail for them over the See Audio Yune which is harman 2020 and my favorite in that price range, haven't heard the II version yet.

Final E5000 Used like new $189 I have the E4000 and it's too soft sounding, maybe these are tuned better, the E500 we have are still the best value for money.

This eBay seller I've bought from before, their stuff is clean and works.

Moondrop Starfield $72

Moondrop Blessing 3 $265

Polk Audio Elite Towers ES50 177.65 each

KEF LSX II - 1000
Used/OB 919

Both on Amazon, can’t post links they’re showing affiliate

Triangle Heyda EZ on wall/surround/slim line 499

Definitive Tech D17 towers 1099, previously 1399

Last edited:
Drop has the Topping A90 discrete headphone amp for $479, pre-order here if you don't mind waiting until October to get it.

IMG_0865.jpeg

Can’t say on reliability of the website!!!!!

I ordered the ELAC ConneX powered speaker. $339.00 USD

Has phono, USB, line, optical input and most importantly, it supports HDMI ARC, so you can plug these speakers directly into a TV like a soundbar replacement.

Capture.PNG

I wanted the Blue color which is a fun color compared to the regular Black or Walnut finishes. Sold and Shipped by Amazon.com (I am in Canada and they ship for $30 to Canada + taxes)

Unfortunately this speaker uses a passive crossover, but I like the small size, lots of inputs, remote control, and it supports a subwoofer (no high pass though)

This speaker is way overpriced at its normal price, but for $339, cheaper than Klipsch The Fives, and other multimedia speakers like the Audioengine/Kanto etc.

Last edited:
View attachment 296777

Can’t say on reliability of the website!!!!!
I believe all websites like this are fake/scam. Not sure how they work, but when you look up their addresses, they are in the middle of nowhere. Look up "101 elvin Howell rd, Lucedale, Mississippi 39452, United States" in Google Maps and check out the street view. The boilerplate nature of their copy and the random mistakes in capitalization point to being put together by a non-English speaker. Somehow they game the Google search results to show up on page 1 of searches. Avoid.

I believe all websites like this are fake/scam. Not sure how they work, but when you look up their addresses, they are in the middle of nowhere. Look up "101 elvin Howell rd, Lucedale, Mississippi 39452, United States" in Google Maps and check out the street view. The boilerplate nature of their copy and the random mistakes in capitalization point to being put together by a non-English speaker. Somehow they game the Google search results to show up on page 1 of searches. Avoid.
Yeah, such an obvious scam.....They don't even go through the trouble of making an address that points to some suite inside a generic office building?

Also. the site shows clothing and accessories?

Topping A90 Discrete Headphone Amplifier $449 and it's Hificollege which tests everything, their stuff always works.

SMSL DO200 MKII MQA DAC Used $281 from Aoshida Audio-US I bought two and one didn't work, but the second works fine.

S.M.S.L M500 MKII $359 It's the new version, with BT instead of two opticals on the back. The original is the one that measures 6.8volts out, but there's two firmware versions of that, one with the reported problem I think with the third harmonic. Then fixed SW/HW version of that before they lowered the voltage output which is this current one.

24 Pack-12 x 12 x 2 Inches Pyramid Designed Acoustic Foam Panels $32 on sale new

Topping EX5 $266 new

FiiO K9Pro Amplifier High Resolution Desktop DAC
$649 for the AK4499 version
$700 for the 9038Pro version

TOPPING L50 $120

They just steal and overcharge your CC

This may be a pricing error...........

Peachtree Audio has a listing on Amazon (USA) for the 'Piano Black' Carina integrated amplifier for $1,599 with a 36 percent digital coupon available at checkout for a net price of $1,023.36 - the digital coupon is seen in the 'all buying options' link within the link below

FYI - Amazon just canceled my order

Last edited:
This may be a pricing error...........

Peachtree Audio has a listing on Amazon (USA) for the 'Piano Black' Carina integrated amplifier for $1,599 with a 36 percent digital coupon available at checkout for a net price of $1,023.36 - the digital coupon is seen in the 'all buying options' link within the link below

FYI - Amazon just canceled my order
Damn that sucks

Letshuoer is having their summer sale starting today, just got a newsletter about it. Also they're offering discounts on their custom mold stuff as well.

The best deal is the open box S12 Pro for $109 with shipping. Though on Aliexpress there's a store with a new one for $116, but with a coupon and discount so it would be about the same price.

I've had the regular S12 and thought it competed with anything in that price range like the 7hz Timeless I had at the same time. Haven't tried the Pro yet though.

Focusound 24 Packs Acoustic Foam Panels 2" X 12" X 12" $37 with also a 5 percent coupon

24 Pack-12 x 12 x 2 Inches Pyramid Designed Acoustic Foam Panels $31.99

Last edited:
The focal chora line 3 drivers and 5 drive including Dolby up firing speakers are 1699 a pair at Accessories4Less.com

Accessories4Less.com has 'refurbished' Polk ES20 'bookshelf' loudspeakers in Black and 'Walnut' - with a 2 year warranty - instead of 5 years for 'new' - for $249 a pair

Back
Top Bottom