• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

MacCali

Major Contributor
Should repost in Europe master deals. They are amazing headphones but like I tell people they need a lot of current to ever reach full potential. Equally with the susvara

gegegege

Blorg

How do they compare with the N5005 at $200?
I haven't heard the N5005. I'd suspect it might be worth $200, but that might be more where they should have been originally rather than $1,000. Some such as Crinacle criticise the "plastic timbre" for example, and there is a huge 8kHz peak followed by a big drop in the measurements. That's exactly the sort of thing that can cause timbral issues in my experience. Yes the 8kHz peak is insertion resonance but that doesn't mean it's not audible, and this one is particularly huge. I haven't heard it though. If I was picking between the IE600 and this at the same price, or even the $350, I'd take the IE600. But that offer isn't there any more and I do think for $200 they look like an option.
1686311165333.png

Review here from Cuckoo Studio, he also notes the 8kHz peak:
And yes, the 8kHz peak is related to the resonance within the coupler, but under the same insertion depth, the N5005 does indeed have more 8kHz than other IEMs, as can be seen in my measurements of other IEMs. In fact, in order to confirm the validity of this 8kHz, I tried many depths of insertion and compared the same depths of different earphones, and based on the results, it should be reasonably present.

But thinks it may be good value at $199, I think this is what I'd gel with:
In the current audio market, we can obtain many low-priced high-quality products. If the N5005 maintains its original price of 1000 USD, it seems to lack sincerity in this market environment. However, due to its plunge to a price of 199 USD, the luxurious packaging, highly playable filter replacement, and the Bluetooth adapter it comes with, is it worth considering the price to quality+quantity ratio at this time?

Theodore8

Forum Donor

SimpleTheater

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Theodore8

Forum Donor
Thanks. Just ordered a pair. Hoping my RME ADI-2 DAC/AMP can power these well enough.
Probably to deafening levels... at 94db and 13Ohms, with the RME ADI-2 headphone voltage set at +22dB (10V), they should easily reach 125dB.

Curious to hear how you like them. My pair just shipped, and will accompany me this summer.... seashore compound's rules are no music outside after midnight...

HighFutility

AlexanderM

might check them out depending on what the return period is
I just today realized that London Drugs does carry some models, so the next time I'm there I will check them out. If you do order, looking forward to your impressions.

Update: So my wife had to go out for something, we went to London Drugs, I listened to some Magnats, I was not expecting much, was pleasantly surprised. They had the smaller towers and a small center channel, on an Onkyo 494, they are not junk. I'd go for the larger towers, a larger center, it wouldn't be that bad at all, just saying.

Last edited:

frogmeat69

Forum Donor

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
My favorite headphones that I own. One day I would like to try their flagship model, but am very happy with these.
What other headphones do you own Frogmeat? Do you use EQ on your other headphones (which EQ's)? I nearly pulled the trigger on this one considering now free shipping to UK, but discounted they will still be £300 + 20%VAT, so £360 imported, and I just don't trust they're gonna be that much better than what I've already got - but they have been the headphone that I've had my eye on. (If this was £220 + 20%VAT I think I already would have pulled the trigger without making this post).

Last edited:

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
All deals on used/open box stuff.

SMSL DO200 MKII MQA DAC $281 (I just got one of these today, the first I ordered last week was a dud and had to be returned, but listening to this one and so far so good).

SMSL PO100 PRO DAC $41.99

TOPPING D10 Balanced Mini USB DAC (silver) $104

SMSL HO100 Amplifier $104

TOPPING A90 (black) $402

Topping E50 Mini HiFi DAC $169

SMSL M500 MKII Audio MQA DAC Headphone Amplifier $359

frogmeat69

Forum Donor
What other headphones do you own Frogmeat? Do you use EQ on your other headphones (which EQ's)? I nearly pulled the trigger on this one considering now free shipping to UK, but discounted they will still be £300 + 20%VAT, so £360 imported, and I just don't trust they're gonna be that much better than what I've already got - but they have been the headphone that I've had my eye on. (If this was £220 + 20%VAT I think I already would have pulled the trigger without making this post).
Too many, seriously, lol. And I will use EQ, but for my ears I don't have to with the Aeon X open, I have the 2 notch white filter in it, and love the way they sound with metal, prog rock, pretty much whatever. And they are very comfortable for my Easter Island sized dome, lol.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Doing the daily check:

Drop Sennheiser IE600 for $499 I have a pair of these currently and they're really good. The Truthear Zero Red is a much better value, am wearing them now and comparing back and forth. The IE600 is better for detail and imaging, but the value for money is out the window compared to the Red.

Apos has a TON of certified good stuff on sale right now. I was going to link some, but there's too many good ones. I think you have to be signed in. Looks like they're getting into IEM's in a big way too.

Drop also has a new community launch page, where you can claim a coupon for 2.5 days from now when it opens. I don't know what the coupon is, but going to check it out when they open in case it's a good one.
They also have a new thing, it's a 96 hour sale with a lot of keyboards, but some audio stuff at the bottom.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Quick one:
SMSL SU-1 brand new on Aliexpress $64.39 after instant coupon with free shipping and 15 day delivery.

They have a summer sale until the 18th so I'll be bargain hunting a while, this is a nice DAC, had one and really, really good at this price.

Topping DX1 $79

Topping D10s $83

Topping L30II $119

Topping D10b $110

Last edited:

gegegege

Quick one:
SMSL SU-1 brand new on Aliexpress $64.39 after instant coupon with free shipping and 15 day delivery.

They have a summer sale until the 18th so I'll be bargain hunting a while, this is a nice DAC, had one and really, really good at this price.

Topping DX1 $79

Topping D10s $83

Topping L30II $119

Topping D10b $110
Balanced DAC at $110! If only it comes with the remote.

Top Bottom