• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Veri

Master Contributor
One thing to note for people living in France like me, I don't know how it works for other EU countries, is that the tracking number started within France with a colissimo of la poste (French postal service) so there was no fee for customs declaration charged by la poste and no hassle with customs at all.
The complete Drop process was a bit long but considering that I received it with no additionnal charges, I'm pretty satisfied since my unit works so far.

I believe this is just luck :) sometimes it gets delivered no questions asked, sometimes you get a hefty customs fee.

chlipong

sometimes you get a hefty customs fee.
Yes but not in this particular case (it was the same with the Blon B20 I ordered also on Drop, 2 days before the SMSL SU-8). The tracking didn't start in USA or China, not even from another country inside EU, but in France with a standard parcel from French post service. There is a third party involved based in France but not with a complete address. As it started in France, there couldn't be customs fees of any sort. ;)

Veri

Master Contributor
Yes but not in this particular case (it was the same with the Blon B20 I ordered also on Drop, 2 days before the SMSL SU-8). The tracking didn't start in USA or China, not even from another country inside EU, but in France with a standard parcel from French post service. There is a third party involved based in France but not with a complete address. As it started in France, there couldn't be customs fees of any sort. ;)
Not true. It's just using an E-Packet like system. It goes from one country's local post to another via organised infrastructure. As far as I know you still got lucky :)

Some IEMs and small things I got through drop untaxed, my THX 789 got inspected though.

chlipong

Not true. It's just using an E-Packet like system. It goes from one country's local post to another via organised infrastructure..
Which makes sense because the colissimo tracking was given right away but both time it took 8 days before "la poste" reported to have received it and started to transport it. I'm still puzzled why it didn't start in the country of origin. Anyway, the SMSL SU-8 is the pretty nice DAC for its price.

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
It was $170 on the last round before this one. The manufacturer might have raised the price a bit but at $185 I would still go for it.

One thing to note for people living in France like me, I don't know how it works for other EU countries, is that the tracking number started within France with a colissimo of la poste (French postal service) so there was no fee for customs declaration charged by la poste and no hassle with customs at all.
The complete Drop process was a bit long but considering that I received it with no additionnal charges, I'm pretty satisfied since my unit works so far.
Maybe you will receive a bill from french customs one day or another.

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
I won't lie, I get confused when AliExpress puts things on sale. That said, it appears the Sabaj D5 is down to US $432 (from $470).
  • Sale price appears to start March 27, 2020?
  • Actual price could be lower than $432? Depends on the whole "stackable coupon" thing.
Here's the product page: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32981617027.html

sabaj_d5_aliexpress.png

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
Do you get the sense topping is trying to clear out stock before a new batch of products launches e.g. Su-9?

Perhaps you mean the E30?

Regardless, to answer your question: not really. It's certainly possible of course, but Topping runs Drop campaigns pretty regularly. I don't think it's indicative of a product or product line hitting end-of-life stage. I think Drop is just one of their many sales channels.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
3 months free guitar lessons from fender.

If this isn't the right place, feel free to move it...but thought it would be perfect for anyone looking for a way to keep busy for a couple of months!

https://try.fender.com/play/playthrough/

WesParker

Cambridge Audio's Ebay Store has the CXA80 on sale for $449 for refurb units.

Don't have one, but seems like a good deal. Originally $999 and new ones are being clearanced at $699 across the interwebs.

Top Bottom