• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Delacroix

amadeuswus

Forum Donor

Hi matt3421
Thanks for the link. Looks like Sweetwater has one demo KH80 in black for $349 and one demo KH80 in white for $449. If the black/white speakers are used as a stereo pair, would sighted listening suggest that the soundstage is skewed?!

By the way, it looks like $399 (black) has become the new price at other retailers.

Blake Klondike

Forum Donor

I was just looking at that today-- the DacMagic Plus 100 that Amir reviewed is $100 off, as well.

bilzebubba

I have the CXA80 (bought to replace a NAD M15 Pre (dead) and a Bantam Gold (repurposed), and it is very nice indeed

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Mostly for EU customers:

Sony MDR-1AM2 (New version of the very popular MDR 1A) dropped to 110€ on Amazon.fr (usually 249€/$), the deal is for both Black and Silver.

Not quite endgame reference headphones, but some like it a lot for casual listening.

There isn't a ton of measurements available, but found some FR graphs:

41629e2e.png

sony_mdr-1am2_frequency_response_lch_20180325.png

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
Last edited:

bilzebubba

Hello,

Cambridge Audio is selling Refurbished stock on Ebay, 1 year warranty and 30 days return, I bought the CXR120 for 5.1 music and came pretty much brand new.

CXN V2 $675
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cambridge-...175259&hash=item3b09d05aa0:g:gtMAAOSwef9a1hhS

If I buy this to pair with the CX80 I already have, is there any audible difference between it and using a Chromecast with digital out to the DAC in the CXA80? I have Chromecasts elsewhere in the house and like how there is almost always zero delay between them. Roon won't allow me to group something like this with the Chromecast simultaneously (unless it is CC capable), so investing in these for around the house might eat up too much $$$ I worry!!

Delacroix

If I buy this to pair with the CX80 I already have, is there any audible difference between it and using a Chromecast with digital out to the DAC in the CXA80? I have Chromecasts elsewhere in the house and like how there is almost always zero delay between them. Roon won't allow me to group something like this with the Chromecast simultaneously (unless it is CC capable), so investing in these for around the house might eat up too much $$$ I worry!!
Hello there,

when I was testing Roon, I had a Rapeberry Pi 4 with Roopieeee on it, and I was able to stream with no issues; however, I did not try to make it a multi zone. I also had the Nvidia Shield connected to the CXA80 via a usb Dac —> toslink —> CXA80 and no issues with Roon either.
I no longer have Roon, since the trial expired for me, so I can’t test bundled devices.

bilzebubba

Hello there,

when I was testing Roon, I had a Rapeberry Pi 4 with Roopieeee on it, and I was able to stream with no issues; however, I did not try to make it a multi zone. I also had the Nvidia Shield connected to the CXA80 via a usb Dac —> toslink —> CXA80 and no issues with Roon either.
I no longer have Roon, since the trial expired for me, so I can’t test bundled devices.

Thanks. I really like Roon for its whole home Tidal + Local files integration. So I will keep it. But on my CXA80 system, which is attached to the TV, I only have CC tv and not CC audio, and they don't play that well together (there is delay, from 2 different products). So if I play to that system (actually my best one, with Definitive Tech Mythos ST) I don't try to also go to cast groups elsewhere in the home, and so my other part of my question still has me wondering: will I hear any difference between the CXN and the CC-TV, given that the DAC would be the same for both (the internal one to the CXA80)?

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
Last edited:
Top Bottom