• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Delacroix

Thanks. I really like Roon for its whole home Tidal + Local files integration. So I will keep it. But on my CXA80 system, which is attached to the TV, I only have CC tv and not CC audio, and they don't play that well together (there is delay, from 2 different products). So if I play to that system (actually my best one, with Definitive Tech Mythos ST) I don't try to also go to cast groups elsewhere in the home, and so my other part of my question still has me wondering: will I hear any difference between the CXN and the CC-TV, given that the DAC would be the same for both (the internal one to the CXA80)?
I wouldn't know if you'll hear any difference, can't really tell you how it will work to be honest since I don't have the same setup.

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
The Sabaj D5 is 9% off on AliExpress, although it appears the only place it's shipping from is the U.S., so it may not be a good option for non-U.S. customers.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32981617027.html

And we're getting close to 11/11 so it might be worth waiting to see if there's a better price then.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
The best Sabaj D5 price so far was about sub-Us$400/-.

It might drop to that range come 11/11 sale.
But do be prepared for a long wait for deliveries when that comes along though.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
For those looking to buy the DX7Pro with a good discount before the 11/11 sales come along.

With the phone app and collecting available coupons directly linked by the listing, price goes down to US$522/-. You can get the item for a whole US$78/- off. And it still has free DHL delivery, just remember to change the shipping option before paying.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000218004413.html

Rollaven

For those looking to buy the DX7Pro with a good discount before the 11/11 sales come along.

With the phone app and collecting available coupons directly linked by the listing, price goes down to US$522/-. You can get the item for a whole US$78/- off. And it still has free DHL delivery, just remember to change the shipping option before paying.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000218004413.html
That's quite an offer. For now I'll wait for the ASR review and what the presumable sale price will be on the 11th of nov. Some reviewers on Head-fi.org where quite happy with their purchase of the DX7Pro.

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
Some say distortion is a bit more audible with the HE4xx. Don't know if I should believe it.

If it helps at all ...

The FR and THD measurements for the HE4XX (from Head-Fi via Drop: you can see the measurements at the bottom.)

FR_THD_hifiman_he4xx.png

The FR and THD for the HE-400i (from RTings.)

FR_THD_hifiman_he400i.png

Last edited:

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
Top Bottom