• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Latest Guttenberg Video talks about measurements

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Personally I wouldn’t bother. The challenge is childish to begin with. You are reaching much more people more effectively with this website / forum and your videos. I’d say focus on that. (… and if there must be a contest … I bet the traffic on this forum easily outnumbers Stevie’s traffic).
+0.95 :)
I would further... It is not worth the time and energy, to respond to the increasingly desperate noise from the HEA mouthpieces. It has been increasingly difficult for them to justify the " moh' money = moh' better" mantra. They, now find a person to attack. They can't however, bring the proofs. It is, thus, ad hominem, desperation time. The B.S has been is exposed. There is a sense of panic from them... A quick visit to some di-ehard subjectivist would show you that, many are doubting... This is good. This is the result of the works of ASR.
Kudus to ASR and its founder... Let's not stoop tp their level...

Peace.

r042wal

Forum Donor
For what it's worth, the 'hobby' has been dying for quite some time. Google Trends reveals that 'audiophile' and related topics account for a far lower proportion of total web search activity today than 20 years ago by factor of 1/5. In fact, it's been dead for awhile.....

Wow! I never seen the Google trends site before. Just for comparison, I through in 'home theatre' to make a comparison. It was more popular than 'audiophile' up until 2010, then it followed the same trend down as audiophile, all the way to the bottom.

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Who needs Google now that ASR is online to give honest answers to questions about audio?

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For what it's worth, the 'hobby' has been dying for quite some time. Google Trends reveals that 'audiophile' and related topics account for a far lower proportion of total web search activity today than 20 years ago by factor of 1/5. In fact, it's been dead for awhile.....

Probably would be better to track industry sales than Google searches. The searches only lead me to believe that “audiophile” is an antiquated term.

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The google trends for major brands can be very insightful in understanding the mass market.

IMG_7549.jpeg

IMG_7550.jpeg

Top Bottom