• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Jamo S803 Bookshelf Speaker Review (by EAC)

DSJR

Major Contributor
These look interesting, although an older model from Jamo:

c386fa38-41dc-4baf-a4af-176ce72957a6.jpg
I remember these (Concert 8's?). I'd not say the response was 'scooped' as such, but the presentation was very slightly 'loose' giving a subjective 'swing' to the presentation which I really liked back then (I never saw measurements to put me bang to rights though on that subjective opinion). The upper kHz resonances in the bass-mid driver was totally buried I remember.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
i was wondering why an alleged $150 set of bookshelfs is biwireable...

then i googled:

• Dolby Atmos ready

Recommended uses for productFor Surround Sound System

then i looked at terminals... they are marked 'main' and 'height'

so these are surrounds for atmos

not sure how 'height' translates to the ceiling firing 'phantom' speaker

Cez1on

Hi all. Please tell me if these Jamo S803 are suitable for the power of the amplifier Yamaha a-s501(85w) or they need a-s701(100w)? Thanks in advance.

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
Hi all. Please tell me if these Jamo S803 are suitable for the power of the amplifier Yamaha a-s501(85w) or they need a-s701(100w)? Thanks in advance.
It depends on the size and shape of your room and listening distance, but 85W is most likely plenty.

Beave

Major Contributor
85 Watts is probably more than enough to blow these speakers to bits, if that's what you're looking for! :)

Cez1on

Thanks everyone for your quick replies. These speakers have a minimum power rating of 80 watts. If 85 watts is enough for the speakers to sound normal and there would be no load on the amplifier, then I'm happy.

Top Bottom