• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I wish ASR gets involved in building a full range floor-stading speaker

Jaanedo Dost

With all the knowledge and experience that ASR admin group has, it would be better if some company approaches them for building a new full range speaker. Or at least a bookshelf speaker. I would consider that ASR service to the world is complete when that happens. Because I know when ASR gets involved in such a thing, it would a beautiful speaker that not only measures well but also doesn't cost an arm and leg. I am confident that cost would be less cause it seems like they already know sources that sell quality products for less. Won't that be nice?

It doesn't hurt to wish for something like that, right?

D

Deleted member 21219

Jim

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

DMill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
With all the knowledge and experience that ASR admin group has, it would be better if some company approaches them for building a new full range speaker. Or at least a bookshelf speaker. I would consider that ASR service to the world is complete when that happens. Because I know when ASR gets involved in such a thing, it would a beautiful speaker that not only measures well but also doesn't cost an arm and leg. I am confident that cost would be less cause it seems like they already know sources that sell quality products for less. Won't that be nice?

It doesn't hurt to wish for something like that, right?
I have no doubt, with the collective knowledge on this forum, that a truly amazing offering could be built. Unfortunately, the magic of this site is that it is fair and unbiased. Pretty hard to do that when you’re selling speakers.

Sancus

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
As posted above there are some designs. But designing a DIY speaker and actually selling a fully manufactured one are completely different problems. And it honestly doesn't seem like a particularly lucrative business to get into, especially trending the way it is and with the amount of competition that there is. It's not like there aren't excellent floorstanders on the market, there's plenty!

DMill

Forum Donor
I did not consider DIY but rather manufactured speakers with an ASR logo. There is a ton on this site to building your own perfect speaker if you are motivated. The thought of an imaginary Amir2000 4.2.1 with 10000 watts of active power and a $16 Built in DAC that measures 140 SINAD, with built in room correction and a headphone jack, and bass correction. It would have to be sold with a “Divorce“ waiver cause your home can’t handle stadium level SPL. Without steel reinforcement :) it’s a fun idea though. To me, it just goes against being objective about a lot of great offerings already out there.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

DavidMcRoy

My DIY 40Hz to 20kHz dipole (open baffle) active speakers with DSP:
IMG_9558.png
IMG_9787.jpeg

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Now, we have this thread; it will be rather expensive though...;)

mjgraves

Too many drivers. Unwarranted. Kinda reminds me of Carver Amazing Loudspeakers. But they had two long, ribbon drivers.

MAB

Major Contributor
DIY JBL M2:
With measurements of the D2:
I will have a new M2 version with measurements posted soon.

MAB

Major Contributor
I'm intrigued by this build thread:

DavidMcRoy

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Do you have this as a tweeter / supertweeter configuration or what? Two AMTs is pretty unusual.

DavidMcRoy

Too many drivers. Unwarranted. Kinda reminds me of Carver Amazing Loudspeakers. But they had two long, ribbon drivers.
And exactly how many drivers are "warranted?" You're going to love the iteration I'm working on now...

Attachments

• IMG_6570.png
    IMG_6570.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
Top Bottom