• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

State of the Art passive full-range speakers?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
@dfk here is a PEQ webpage of links I put together.
For Windows install EQ APO and then install Peace Equalizer too for the GUI and additional features.
z Screenshot 2023-04-08 230137.png

For Mac use eqMac or SoundSource but not both.

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
PEQ these days is implemented at the PC in the digital domain. It is intended as the PC source and then PEQ occurs before the DAC.
Ahh, yes. I use Foobar, it had it. . .I'm sure there are more apps, I can download too.

But I don't really use it too much. So far my room acoustic measures decent. I build my own diffuser based on legit QRD math and brought some absorbtion panels and played around with measurements.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Ahh, yes. I use Foobar, it had it. . .I'm sure there are more apps, I can download too.

But I don't really use it too much. So far my room acoustic measures decent. I build my own diffuser based on legit QRD math and brought some absorbtion panels and played around with measurements.
Keep talking about your room treatment and we are going to have a dozen requests for pics of it from the enthusiasts here. LoL. I know I'm dying to see it too.

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Keep talking about your room treatment and we are going to have a dozen requests for pics of it from the enthusiasts here. LoL. I know I'm dying to see it too.
LOL.

Right now, listening room is under renovation due to some chimney damage. But here is a picture of the diffuser I built. BTW, totally wasn't worth it. Should of just brought it.

Attachments

• 16878309031351936868206081575241.jpg
    16878309031351936868206081575241.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 91

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
LOL.

Right now, listening room is under renovation due to some chimney damage. But here is a picture of the diffuser I built. BTW, total wasn't worth it. Should of just brought it.
Interesting. Did you use a web online calculator to compute the design or was it fully manual entry into a handheld calculator. I ask because to my knowledge to do it right can get pretty complicated.

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Interesting. Did you use a web online calculator to compute the design or was it fully manual entry into a handheld calculator. I ask because to my knowledge to do it right can get pretty complicated.
Let me hook you up brotha. ;)

Top Bottom