• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I broke YouTube...

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
Well, kind of. Turns out your side bar subscribed channel list can fit at most 992 entries - I have already lost letters X-Z (plus Wristwatch Revival, bummer) and non-alphanumerics. If you have more, you need to go to your subscriptions page, "Manage", and wade through the list that is being loaded page by page to see the missing entries. Having to contend with one long unsorted list with no way of grouping things was sufficiently annoying to begin with. (I probably have 1/3 just in musicians' channels, so those being separate would have been nice.) The recommendation algorithm hasn't always been coping super well either.

OK, I should probably weed out my subs, but that's the kind of stuff that happens when you've been using the site since 2006.

I did actually try to get a handle on this mess by using a bookmark menu tree, but maintaining it long-term is quite another matter entirely.

Last edited:
OP
AnalogSteph

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
This is the worst UX gap in the interface.
I swear that it was actually possible for a very short time years ago before it got nuked again. I can only guess that it involved storing too much data per user or something. Welcome to the modern times, where you're viewed as a burden and herded like cattle.
Yes, that's why I use several YouTube accounts for an individual topic/subject.
That's a rather elaborate workaround, though I can't deny it works. Would be too much hassle for my tastes though.
Otherwise, it's chaos.
It's funny that someone with your user name would have an aversion to chaos... :D

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
It's funny that someone with your user name would have an aversion to chaos... :D
Seems completely legit to me...
There're various flavors of chaos... @sweetchaos likes his/theirs sweet.
As a carbohydrate biochemist (and occasional, semi-pro thermodynamicist), I'm cool with that juxtaposition.

:cool:

That's a rather elaborate workaround, though I can't deny it works. Would be too much hassle for my tastes though.
workaround.png

Top Bottom