• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Focal Alpha 65 EVO Review (Studio Monitor)

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 39 13.7%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 188 66.0%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 48 16.8%

• Total voters

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Can you compare them? thanks
I was already planning to do it at some point. Currently I have them in different rooms and I don't have a measurement mic yet. When I have the mic and know more or less how to use it, I'll put them on the same room, side by side, and try to achieve something remotely rigorous. I don't want to start talking this and that without the minimal common sense controls: same room, level matching,...

ubik3000

OK, fair enough. This is not my experience, they sound quite good to me.

Perhaps they don't nail voices, not sure really, but the highs aren't crappy either, IMHO.
See more details about the mid range issue here:
(from minute 7:24)
I knew about the issue before I ordered the EVOs, but I thought it is an exaggeration. Unfortunately, I felt it myself, by comparison with Cantons and Tannoys and in other songs also...

Top Bottom