• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 24 4.7%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 341 66.1%

• Total voters

jiji

Squeeze connect coming soon.
And a new playback queue function, yes, now it also supports hybrid queue (streaming service,Local tracks)
HI Is it possible to implement crossfade functionality? Its available in apple music streaming app, but not available while playing local flac files.

ummario

Squeeze connect coming soon.
And a new playback queue function, yes, now it also supports hybrid queue (streaming service,Local tracks)

Thanks @mirror88 for this information. Super excited about the queue function. Any chance to become a beta tester?

Nutul

De ce nu iese 24/192 pe ieșirea coaxială când sunt pe muzică Apple. Ce setari ar trebui facute?
I think you should select COAX as the output; but I think this applies only if the player is the A6 itself, not any app on the phone.
Can you clarify what is your scenario? (and write in English, so that we do not have to jump to and from Google translate, thans)

Mariano Rena

Done, with the latest update V 1.2.30, it bypasses the Android system on Apple music, 24/192 on the coaxial output read with a DAC Topping DX7PRO.
When I put a DAC on the coaxial output, before the update I had 16/44.1 all the time regardless of the album. Now it is OK.
Sorry, but I put the English translation on the website, why is it displayed in Romanian I really don't know, probably I'm with Google all the time on the Romanian conversion?
Sorry for the moderator, now I understand why the posts were deleted.

Last edited:

Nutul

Done, with the latest update V 1.2.30, it bypasses the Android system on Apple music, 24/192 on the coaxial output read with a DAC Topping DX7PRO.
When I put a DAC on the coaxial output, before the update I had 16/44.1 all the time regardless of the album. Now it is OK.
Sorry, but I put the English translation on the website, why is it displayed in Romanian I really don't know, probably I'm with Google all the time on the Romanian conversion?
Sorry for the moderator, now I understand why the posts were deleted.
Happy to hear everything is fine.

For the translation... I think, when you ask Google to translate a site, you see everything translated (the conversations too) and you have the feeling that the site is indeed in your language...

La revedere ;-)

edved

I have the same setup and i prefer below, but it needs manual switching in C298 to select RCA/XLR and A6 volume passthrough switching.
My setup is NADC298 used for front 2 channel amplification from cinema50 external preout.
Mostly for music, i use direct (no room correction softwares) , so from Eversolo XLR out to C298 XLR IN . In this case you need to switch the 2 dip switches in back of C298 to XLR input. This is really great for direct music listening and my favourite for music.
To hear music through DIRAC+subwoofers (from cinema50) , i have also connected the Eversolo RCA out to cinema50 RCA IN.
While watching movies or sometimes music with some coloring and subwoofer, i use RCA from cinema50 to C298, here you have to select the 2 dipswitch to RCA.
There are 2 caveat's here. First is manually switching the dip switches in C298 to select XLR/RCA and second is you need to switch back & forth the volume passthrough in A6 when you are playing through marantz , but for me it works , but wont work for many :) .
Caution - remember to set the volume limit start up to -40 in A6 to accidentally protect your speakers, if you forgot to switch the volume passthrough off while playing directly from A6 to C298. With proper saftey settings in A6(start up volume limit function) , it is safer even if you forgot to switch the volume passthrough in A6 and i tested it as well.
This procedure is bit complicated, but its safer and you can use DAC from A6 to both cinema50 & C298.
This works for me as i only see movies in weekend , so 80% of time music .

You could also use HDMI out from A6 to cinema50, but then A6 DAC is better compared to Cinema50.

Thanks again for your input! The sound coming out of the A6 is far superior. Listening to Radiohead's "Numbers" and "Glass Eyes" and Nora Jones "One Flight Down" sounds incredible! The Cinema 50 sounds like the vocalist are wearing a mask. The A6 is that much better.

octavius

Greetings. I tried to recognize some differences in the sound between the built in DAC in Eversolo and my external RME ADI 2 DAC, which I use as a headphone amplifier. While switching these two DACs, I heard no difference in the quality of the reproduction between Eversolo DAC and RME ADI.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
No I haven’t heard any differences, but then if you look at the impeccable measurements of both devices you wouldn’t expect there to be.
Keith

octavius

That is true! I appreciate RME due to headphone amp and some PEQ features if needed.

ummario

I have the same setup and i prefer below, but it needs manual switching in C298 to select RCA/XLR and A6 volume passthrough switching.
My setup is NADC298 used for front 2 channel amplification from cinema50 external preout.
Mostly for music, i use direct (no room correction softwares) , so from Eversolo XLR out to C298 XLR IN . In this case you need to switch the 2 dip switches in back of C298 to XLR input. This is really great for direct music listening and my favourite for music.
To hear music through DIRAC+subwoofers (from cinema50) , i have also connected the Eversolo RCA out to cinema50 RCA IN.
While watching movies or sometimes music with some coloring and subwoofer, i use RCA from cinema50 to C298, here you have to select the 2 dipswitch to RCA.
There are 2 caveat's here. First is manually switching the dip switches in C298 to select XLR/RCA and second is you need to switch back & forth the volume passthrough in A6 when you are playing through marantz , but for me it works , but wont work for many :) .
Caution - remember to set the volume limit start up to -40 in A6 to accidentally protect your speakers, if you forgot to switch the volume passthrough off while playing directly from A6 to C298. With proper saftey settings in A6(start up volume limit function) , it is safer even if you forgot to switch the volume passthrough in A6 and i tested it as well.
This procedure is bit complicated, but its safer and you can use DAC from A6 to both cinema50 & C298.
This works for me as i only see movies in weekend , so 80% of time music .

You could also use HDMI out from A6 to cinema50, but then A6 DAC is better compared to Cinema50.
Just came here to thank you as well for this tip. I connected the XLR Cables from my Eversolo DMP-A6 Master Edition to my Yamaha Av Receiver with Pure Direct mode enabled on 2 Channel stereo. Uau! What a sound! Really impressed! Far superior compared with HDMI Output. Listening to Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon (50th Anniversary remastered 2023) which is MAX-FLAC 192 KHZ 24 bit on Tidal, is out of this world!..... Maybe from the moon :) So much detail on sound!

Brian Hall

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Thanks Werther 44210.
Can any other users comment on whether they have successfully used a CD drive for playback?

Thanks in advance.

I have a cheap Samsung USB dvd drive plugged into my A6. It is able to play the CDs I have tried. It will also rip most CDs to an internal SSD. The exception appears to be CDs from Sony (probably have copy protection crap) and a few others. Besides that, the service that it uses to get CD art and song names does not recognize quite a few CDs. Some CDs it gets the correct song information but doesn't get the CD art so it just displays a blue or yellow colored picture of a CD. Others it doesn't get the song information at all.

There may be a way to change the source it uses for getting CD information. So far no luck in finding a way to do that.

Salt

Forum Donor
What is the purpose of a local CD-drive?
Why don't rip at a PC/Laptop with USB-drive and copy to NVME in A6 or to NAS?

Brian Hall

Forum Donor
What is the purpose of a local CD-drive?
Why don't rip at a PC/Laptop with USB-drive and copy to NVME in A6 or to NAS?

If ripping worked on all CDs, the reason would be convenience. Since it doesn't work for all CDs currently, you are still better off ripping them on a PC. That said, I was replying to a question about being able to play back on a CD player connected to the A6.

Salt

Forum Donor
I've ripped all my CDs, even those Bluenote ones with so called copy protection, using EAC.
No issues.

CJW

I want on a few other forums and it seems like other people are having the same Qubuz dropouts starting a few weeks ago and it looks like others are having the same problem. My Wifi is really strong and I have fiber so I know it’s not a wifi issue. Plus Apple Music streams fine.

HNK23

Is it a stretch to say I would buy the DMP-A6 just for the streamer? I use an external DAC, but is the Eversolo as a streamer worth the money, or are there alternatives? The implementation of Apple Music is tempting, because that's what my wife uses. I use Qobuz. Sometimes you read about problems with streaming services such as Qobuz, with the DMP-A6

Top Bottom