• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 24 4.7%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 341 66.1%

• Total voters

Werther44210

Another review of the A8

For him, they sound very similar, testing the DAC+analog out
I quite agree with him on the DAC part and the sound resolution obtained with it compared to the A6, it's in line with feedback from some members with separate DACs in the 400-600 euros from Topping or SMSL. The implementation of the AKM DAC remains that of the brand, focusing on detail, neutrality and rather linear sound. The main contribution of the A8, as he puts it, is the addition of DSPs and an equaliser for those who want to act on more parameters.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Werther you really must stop reading this nonsense, if you really, really want to discover the truth conduct some level matched/unsighted comparisons.
Everything you read or hear literally apart from ASR is complete bullshit.
The whole structure is rotten from top to bottom, actual measurements are the only real truth.
Keith

Deckard71

Werther you really must stop reading this nonsense, if you really, really want to discover the truth conduct some level matched/unsighted comparisons.
Everything you read or hear literally apart from ASR is complete bullshit.
The whole structure is rotten from top to bottom, actual measurements are the only real truth.
Keith

In fact this reviewer is not saying that sound is much better in the A8, unlike the 2 other reviewers. He is saying that the value of the A8 is in the extra features (especially DSP) not in sound quality difference. So it is not nonsense

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The ‘nonsense ‘ part of Werther post is where he refers to the sound resolution being comparable to 400-600 dollar dacs from Topping.
Those dacs are audibly transparent they will sound exactly the same as a £30k DCS ( unless the Dacs is messing up) but many just don’t understand that and unless they conduct unsighted/level matched comparison for themselves probably never will.
Which means they will be susceptible to charlatan’s BS forever.
Keith

Werther44210

The ‘nonsense ‘ part of Werther post is where he refers to the sound resolution being comparable to 400-600 dollar dacs from Topping.
Those dacs are audibly transparent they will sound exactly the same as a £30k DCS ( unless the Dacs is messing up) but many just don’t understand that and unless they conduct unsighted/level matched comparison for themselves probably never will.
Which means they will be susceptible to charlatan’s BS forever.
Keith
Keith, in any case, the measurements will have to be excellent to justify paying twice as much, if you don't need certain "features" as you say.... See if these measurements will be superior to the Gustard A26, which uses the same chip - it even has two.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Werther the A’s measurements are already audibly transparent , the A-8 may have nominally better measurements as does for example their a-8 dac but you or I or anyone else cannot hear the difference.
Buy the A-8 if it has features that you will find useful.
Keith

Werther44210

Werther the A’s measurements are already audibly transparent , the A-8 may have nominally better measurements as does for example their a-8 dac but you or I or anyone else cannot hear the difference.
Buy the A-8 if it has features that you will find useful.
Keith
Keith, I agree with you, I won't be buying the A8, I don't use that type of functionality and the A6 is more compact in my setup, not much space. The A8 has HDMI I2S like my Gustard, I'm sticking with classic USB, even though this connection is currently in vogue.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Yup good I2S is just more audiophile nonsense.
Keith

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I2s was used inside CD players but only over extremely short ( as possible ) distances, it is just another Audiophile fad, DSD, MQA linear power supplies etc etc etc.
Keith

Werther44210

I2s was used inside CD players but only over extremely short ( as possible ) distances, it is just another Audiophile fad, DSD, MQA linear power supplies etc etc etc.
Keith
Keith, I sold all my Cardas and Audioquest cables and replaced them with Audiophonics products, which are much cheaper.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Hallelujah, I like the Jeff Buckley version but Len’s is pretty good too.
Keith

Spyerx

Alright I ordered one with an internal SSD. I think for me, I need to use one of these things for a while to see if it "works" for me. My main system I'll continue to use a MacMini as streaming source with my DAC3 to Luxman integrated....

I just couldn't get over how mediocre the software experience was on these streamers costing 5k+. FWIW, Aurender was probably the best of the ones I tried.

Stuj

@mirror Hello, dear developers. I noticed this strange thing. When searching for an artist's albums on streaming services, the album's release year is missing. And in the same applications on a smartphone, this information is always present, and allows you to sort releases by release date.
Indeed this is true. Ive been asking for this in both the display of album ie “Dark Side of the moon (1973)” for a while, along with sorting , but so far it hasn’t materialised. Even now with the latest firmware the Album line is missing in a lot of sources ). mine is local and plex that im referring to.

mirror88

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Indeed this is true. Ive been asking for this in both the display of album ie “Dark Side of the moon (1973)” for a while, along with sorting , but so far it hasn’t materialised. Even now with the latest firmware the Album line is missing in a lot of sources ). mine is local and plex that im referring to.
Solved in next version, and will add TIDAL MAX support.

supermood

anyone knows the difference in mqa listening with green or blue dot? I'm with tidal.

manuel is not explaining just saying it's either green or blue. very helpful, Ironie off...

THANKS!!

DNA16S

Well, I pulled the trigger. 730 € because of Black Friday. I hope to receive it in a couple of days! Thank you for your help

octavius

I would appreciate one thing that I miss about comparison on Node N130.
I would like to have the possibility to continue playing where I stopped after turn off Eversolo.
Situation: I'm listening for example Radio Paradise and I'm going to turn off the unit. Then I turn unit on again and wait when the system finish boot. I would appreciate if Eversolo could play the radio station where was stopped before. Is it possible do that?

Second:
When I open tidal app and I play some music from Tidal connect display on Eversolo shows tidal connect also in Eversolo app. When I try to use a seek function in Eversolo app it doesn’t work! But skipping tracks works fine but why seek doesn't work???? In tidal app does work well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom