• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 145 27.8%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 345 66.1%

• Total voters

Deckard71

I have had powerful EQ in my receivers (Dirac, Audyssey xt32, YPAO 64 bits) that I have finetuned with REW and an Umik-1 micro, getting a flat response in my room and then applying curves to my liking (eg Harman). But somehow EQ did not feel natural

DNA16S

Hello. A question because I was about to get one but, reading the manual, it states "Note: * all digital input connections only support output audio by analogue output, not digital output".

Thus, is it possible to play DSD multichannel files located in a PC/NAS connected by USB or Upnp (Ethernet) to an AVR using HDMI output?.

I'ts the most important spec for me.

Thanks!

Deckard71

Hello. A question because I was about to get one but, reading the manual, it states "Note: * all digital input connections only support output audio by analogue output, not digital output".

Thus, is it possible to play DSD multichannel files located in a PC/NAS connected by USB or Upnp (Ethernet) to an AVR using HDMI output?.

I'ts the most important spec for me.

Thanks!
Yes.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I have had powerful EQ in my receivers (Dirac, Audyssey xt32, YPAO 64 bits) that I have finetuned with REW and an Umik-1 micro, getting a flat response in my room and then applying curves to my liking (eg Harman). But somehow EQ did not feel natural
I have found that in terms of EQ really is ‘less is more’ I would only correct the low bass ( in the minimal phase region ) and leave the rest of the FR to look after itself, I found even with Dirac only adjusting the bass was best.
Keith

Last edited:

Deckard71

I have found that in terms of EQ really is ‘less is more’ I would only correct the low bass ( in the minimal phase region ) and leave the rest of the FR to look after itself, I found even with Dirac only adjusting the bas was best.
Keith
Yes. I only correct schroeder FR, which in my room is around 410hz

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

DNA16S

Thank you very much! Now I use this mess: PC->Ethernet->Pioneer UDP-LX500->HDMI-> AVC X3700H... so, this would be VERY helpfulfor MCH and, for stereo, I could just plug it into the Yamaha A-S2200 trough XLR....I think I'll pull the trigger

Esprit

Forum Donor
Given that there is no perfect product but apparently both this and the A8 are not what I need.
In 2024 I should buy a pair of Genelecs and I would like to use the AES/EBU input on the monitors....
With this streamer:
1. Can't I connect an external Mac/PC to the USB input and have the output signal on the coaxial?
2. Can't I connect an input source to the coaxial and have the output signal on the coaxial?
3. Can't I connect the streamer to the network (Ethernet) and have the output signal on the coaxial?

Salt

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
There's free choice of input and output ... with A6 at least (don't know A8 properties).

Esprit

Forum Donor
The manual says that digital inputs (Ethernet? S/PDIF? Toslink? USB-C?) can only be routed to analog outputs.

Salt

Forum Donor
Then my item must be distructed.
RME ADI as DAC via USB works flawless.

Esprit

Forum Donor
You didn't read what I wrote: digital outputs of the streamer (e.g. coaxial) using the digital inputs of the same.:)

7634027D-1FB0-4213-B0B9-099E7B27747F.jpeg

Last edited:

Salt

Forum Donor
Use it solely as (digital) streamer via WLAN and internal NVME, output to USB (its digital, is'nt?) ... no complaints.
Maybe @Purité Audio may give more advice.

Esprit

Forum Donor
Did you understand that I want to use the AES/EBU inputs on my future Genelec monitors? I don't need either the Eversolo DAC or a DAC connected via USB to the Eversolo. ;)

Salt

Forum Donor
Yes and, no, I don't understand Your problem as it is not existing, as output via USB or AES/EBU (or SPDIF, as wanted) is all 'digital'...

Top Bottom