• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 24 4.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 145 28.0%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 342 66.0%

• Total voters

kacos

The word science has been used in the sense of "the state of knowing", not simply as the state/comparison of measurements.
In this case I state that there is a hypothesis that needs proof.

madrac

I didn't say that the Master does not have OPA1612 - I said it's unconfirmed.

Here's an image I just took from my own A6 Master edition:
View attachment 322772

Zoom in:
View attachment 322769View attachment 322778
So which OPA is this?
I can find anything with these markings in the TI part markings search.

So, please show me where and how exactly you base your (and the various reseller) claim that:
a. the A6 and A6 Master have different op-amps, and
b. which ones they actually have?
type ovii in the markings search field on your TI link. Should come up with OP1612 (2 results) - at least it did for me.

Can anyone comment on their experience with using this unit paired with powered studio monitors over XLR?

I'm considering going this route and wanted to hear about the unit's preamp capabilities in such a scenario.

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Can anyone comment on their experience with using this unit paired with powered studio monitors over XLR?

I'm considering going this route and wanted to hear about the unit's preamp capabilities in such a scenario.

I've got them connected directly to our Sigberg Audio Mantas via XLR and that works perfectly fine. I see no reason why it shouldn't work fine with any other monitor / active speaker as well.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Coincidentally I also have an Eversolo DMP A-6 connected to my Sigberg Mantas via XLR and it also works perfectly, I have also used Eversolo’s Dac Z-8 again via XLR into both D&D8Cs and Mantas again no issue whatsoever.
The Eversolo app handles input selection and attenuation or there is a remote available.
IMG_2977.jpeg

Keith

Great to hear!

Do you lose dynamic range as the volume is decreased since it is a digital volume control and not a an active preamp circuit?

kacos

type ovii in the markings search field on your TI link. Should come up with OP1612 (2 results) - at least it did for me.
The markings look more like OVJI to me

Edit: it is OVII after all - there was a smudge on the bloody chip ..
1698852244326.png

(better pic):
1698852179750.png

XLR-> Powered Elac Navis & RCA-> sub
works fine

Last edited:

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Great to hear!

Do you lose dynamic range as the volume is decreased since it is a digital volume control and not a an active preamp circuit?
I don’t believe this has been applicable to any properly designed component since 1984.
Keith

supermood

hi all, this might be a stupid question but I'm a bit lost, even after searching and reading some days now.

I'm coming from a iTunes server on my synology nas, magaing music via iTunes (which for me is still an easy way with the file browser on, I never had any complains to manage huge file loads) on a Windows. listening via heos, undok or musicbee...

important for me are genre and compilation management for existing (about 500gb) and new music

iTunes is dead. was using it long enough.
next week I will have a dmp a6.

0. ive read that I cannot choose a genre and then artist (and then album) or album/compilation in a genre directly - which is already some kind of a deal breaker for me. not sure how I should choose what to hear not talking about inspiration and mood choosing from my own library via genre.
but, will try the device! I'm ready for the future now, and I have time now to play and learn that thing

so,

1. if I'm now copying my I tuned music folder on the mm2 und put it in, this will be complete rubbish, correct?
no genre and compilation info as these are not stored in the files directly I guess?

1b. will it update something at all? then rename files and other info? if yes, with genre with online info?

2. is there a web interface or any other possibility to manage the library? hopefully we are not talking about doing it via touchscreen or in the mobile, we are talking about 500 gig

2b. or is there no possibility at all to maintain the library? in the documents and the reviews it always stops with listening music.

3a. I know for me probably roon would be perfect, but I'm not ready to go that step now with a new nas (synology ds918+ celeron) and a subscription.

3b. so, if that device doesn't manage my library?

3a. has anyone an idea for some ID tag genre tuning and compilation recognizing program I could buy and run before putting the mm2 in? (and maybe use in the future before copying new files on it)..

3c. or maybe I should leave the files on my synology nas and manage completely different and just stream it with the a6?
any recommendation how to do that? I guess a clean and fast interface with good online data would be most important?

thanks all in advance!!
any idea is highly appreciated and will help me!!

yllanos

hi all, this might be a stupid question but I'm a bit lost, even after searching and reading some days now.

I'm coming from a iTunes server on my synology nas, magaing music via iTunes (which for me is still an easy way with the file browser on, I never had any complains to manage huge file loads) on a Windows. listening via heos, undok or musicbee...

important for me are genre and compilation management for existing (about 500gb) and new music

iTunes is dead. was using it long enough.
next week I will have a dmp a6.

0. ive read that I cannot choose a genre and then artist (and then album) or album/compilation in a genre directly - which is already some kind of a deal breaker for me. not sure how I should choose what to hear not talking about inspiration and mood choosing from my own library via genre.
but, will try the device! I'm ready for the future now, and I have time now to play and learn that thing

so,

1. if I'm now copying my I tuned music folder on the mm2 und put it in, this will be complete rubbish, correct?
no genre and compilation info as these are not stored in the files directly I guess?

1b. will it update something at all? then rename files and other info? if yes, with genre with online info?

2. is there a web interface or any other possibility to manage the library? hopefully we are not talking about doing it via touchscreen or in the mobile, we are talking about 500 gig

2b. or is there no possibility at all to maintain the library? in the documents and the reviews it always stops with listening music.

3a. I know for me probably roon would be perfect, but I'm not ready to go that step now with a new nas (synology ds918+ celeron) and a subscription.

3b. so, if that device doesn't manage my library?

3a. has anyone an idea for some ID tag genre tuning and compilation recognizing program I could buy and run before putting the mm2 in? (and maybe use in the future before copying new files on it)..

3c. or maybe I should leave the files on my synology nas and manage completely different and just stream it with the a6?
any recommendation how to do that? I guess a clean and fast interface with good online data would be most important?

thanks all in advance!!
any idea is highly appreciated and will help me!!

I also have a Synology NAS. Pretty much I do 3c

It works.

supermood

I also have a Synology NAS. Pretty much I do 3c

It works.
yes I hope that works that's a basic function for a network player? ;)

but then you manage with music monkey or so..? I thought I'm getting a great library manager with the device..

I'm not 100% sure I understand the ssd slot without that functionality.
so new content let's say I have a new folder I just copy it on the ssd. and if something is missing like a cover I have to search myself and copy in the folder too?
or the new files have a different naming convention and it looks like xxx.
and the genre cannot be maintained? it's just nothing for the new content?

maybe I can link music monkey with the internal ssd from the ap6 so that's how I maintain?

hmm

XanderzDad

but then you manage with music monkey or so..? I thought I'm getting a great library manager with the device..

so new content let's say I have a new folder I just copy it on the ssd. and if something is missing like a cover I have to search myself and copy in the folder too?

maybe I can link music monkey with the internal ssd from the ap6 so that's how I maintain?

hmm
I also do option 3c. The Eversolo handles all the files fine and offers genres, albums, artist and track options.

supermood

I also do option 3c. The Eversolo handles all the files fine and offers genres, albums, artist and track options.
thanks yes maybe I stay with the nas and cancel my mm2 order.

as written, I don't understand why there is one.

anyone using it with the hd? how to import new music. how to maintain the existing content?

madrac

I use my A6 with an internal SSD. All my new music (now, mainly digitizing my LPs) is done on PC, then copied via network to A6 as I've mapped the A6's drive. My transfer rates aren't blazing fast (around 11 Mb/s) but I only do a few lps at a time. Existing content remains on the SSD (and PC)

supermood

I use my A6 with an internal SSD. All my new music (now, mainly digitizing my LPs) is done on PC, then copied via network to A6 as I've mapped the A6's drive. My transfer rates aren't blazing fast (around 11 Mb/s) but I only do a few lps at a time. Existing content remains on the SSD (and PC)
thanks for your answer. sounds good for your use case.
I'm a bit lost.
New folder on my end means I have to import it to let's say media monkey. then I have to search the folder and copy it via Explorer in windows. I thought I don't need my notebook anymore for music

perfect would be
1. auto check my temp music folder on nas
2. new content means copy it to zidoo mm2
3. add to zidoo mm2 library
4. pimp it up with all info and picture according defined guideline
5. rename everything according defined guideline
5. let me maintain / change for example genre via web access

that would mean auto backup the mm2 to synology once a week. all is set. new music management in 2023

yllanos

hmm

I don't think my answer will work for you. I don't have a huge library, as I stream most of my content. But for the ones I have on my NAS, they already have all the tagging and data I need since the beginning. I always cared about that because I never liked the idea of depending on a music server for metadata.

I haven't used software like that in many years, but I think I remember using MusicBee back in the day. There are quite a few options there, including many open source alternatives.

SSD is for people who don't have a NAS and prefer to access files locally on a disk. You can edit your library on a PC and then transfer files directly to installed SSD. The A6 has a built-in feature to allow file transfers.

XanderzDad

I don't think my answer will work for you. I don't have a huge library, as I stream most of my content. But for the ones I have on my NAS, they already have all the tagging and data I need since the beginning. I always cared about that because I never liked the idea of depending on a music server for metadata.

I haven't used software like that in many years, but I think I remember using MusicBee back in the day. There are quite a few options there, including many open source alternatives.

SSD is for people who don't have a NAS and prefer to access files locally on a disk. You can edit your library on a PC and then transfer files directly to installed SSD. The A6 has a built-in feature to allow file transfers.
Another vote for MusicBee. I get all my tags and album artwork this way and then upload to my NAS once I am happy with them. Works perfectly.

Top Bottom