• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.5%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 348 66.4%

• Total voters

supermood

think you have to buy the remote to learn, but why should there be a problem.

I decided to try the a6 but honestly it's still not the device I was searching (that doesn't exist).

sure musicbee is on my notebook for tagging and also media monkey to check since iTunes is off. but the overall idea in 2023 was to turn the w11 notebook off...

if I would be so audiophile and would have so much technical knowledge like most of you I'm reading here in the posts and other I would surely buy a dac for 1000eur. the player can than be everything? like my beautiful white revo supersystem or an ruark r5? good app, digital out that's it..?

I'm 90% about usability and making my life easier. and I'm not so sure if that device will do that. I'm already expecting several nights in front of it ;) So basically the opposite..

but on the other hand it's impossible to stream with my denon x4800h / heos from the nas, same xxxx like from all the beautiful frontier / undok devices I have. for that I want the ap6 and then I learn I cannot choose a genre and then an artist.

something is wrong here. that's basic? no fancy future function. it has a player app only to search and play music. that device costs more than the car from girl friend ;)

kacos

I realized. xxxx! do you know what that could mean? I've opened the site 5 times :(

but pressed nothing on it

The site is very insecure and probably quite easy to hack.
It has a Javascript that loads:

1699192001459.png

Malware "JS:Trojan.Cryxos.12004 (B)" in F:\Temp\xiao.js
(SHA1: 3C9E21E6B0DB0E46E8806E161CB14ED4AD6CFC87)

EDIT: "index.php"
1699193684107.png

has a very interesting one-liner:

1699193539624.png

snippet of one of the JS:
1699198527582.png

@mirror88

Last edited:

Bigbro

Hi. Just bought the A6 and its fantastic. I just ran into one problem. For me the operating via iphone is terrible. So I bought an Ipad 2. Now I realize this one is not exactly the latest version but I thought it would suffice. The UI looks much better but the searchin engine is incredibly slow. Sometimes I have to wait 30 seconds for a character to appear. I tried a few things like not using the WIFI but connecting it to my Iphone using the sharing option but it does not help. I also completely reset the A6 and the Ipad but without any result.
Question: can someone tell me why the search engine is so slow and possibly have a solution?

Deckard71

Hi. Just bought the A6 and its fantastic. I just ran into one problem. For me the operating via iphone is terrible. So I bought an Ipad 2. Now I realize this one is not exactly the latest version but I thought it would suffice. The UI looks much better but the searchin engine is incredibly slow. Sometimes I have to wait 30 seconds for a character to appear. I tried a few things like not using the WIFI but connecting it to my Iphone using the sharing option but it does not help. I also completely reset the A6 and the Ipad but without any result.
Question: can someone tell me why the search engine is so slow and possibly have a solution?

No issues with my iphone at all. It is only buggy when I have the Low Consumption mode enabled on my iphone (lag in cast mode). No issues either with my ipad

jiji

Its really fast . Both in Android and iPhone. No lag at all in search engines. Probably you need to check the Wifi / internet settings.?

Bigbro

Its really fast . Both in Android and iPhone. No lag at all in search engines. Probably you need to check the Wifi / internet settings.?
internetspeed is ok about 200 MB per second. All apps work fine as well as the attached hard drive. It turns out that only the Apple Music app struggles. Amazon music no problem Qobuz no problem.

supermood

hi
will there be an software update to have atmos via hdmi out?
Just reading that this is pushed by many provider. think that could be great on some concerts or specific albums?

thanks!

supermood

somehow unbelievable that you have an 3 month old device for nearly 900 eur with hdmi out specifically designed to stream audio files and nothing else and then it doesn't support that?

one device for every little xxx and another one and another one and in 50 years our little planet is....

Sound_freq

Thanks to Mirror and Eversolo, perfect integration of Amazon music in the latest version just like Qobuz and Tidal or Deezer, it's super complete now.
Is your DMP-A6 is playing back Amazon Ultra tracks at proper resolution or at 16 bit/48khz in Opus Codec ?

Bigbro

somehow unbelievable that you have an 3 month old device for nearly 900 eur with hdmi out specifically designed to stream audio files and nothing else and then it doesn't support that?

one device for every little xxx and another one and another one and in 50 years our little planet is....
For me it is a miss also although I knew this by research. I think it is because this device is developped for audio purist. They tend not to like anything besides stereo.

mirror88

Audio Company
Is your DMP-A6 is playing back Amazon Ultra tracks at proper resolution or at 16 bit/48khz in Opus Codec ?
Native Amazon music integration has a parsing strategies issue during playback lead to selecting an unexpected stream in some cases, which will be fixed in the next version.
Gapless playback of Amazon music will also be optimized.
Should be within a few days.

Werther44210

Native Amazon music integration has a parsing strategies issue during playback lead to selecting an unexpected stream in some cases, which will be fixed in the next version.
Gapless playback of Amazon music will also be optimized.
Should be within a few days.
I noticed that as I have Amazon and Qobuz, thanks @mirror88

supermood

hi sorry maybe stupid question but not my mistake that there's not one word in the manual.

do we have a table (of what is possible, quality Hz bit... , remote control, which app to use, Playlists, likes, advantages or disadvantages.. ) or at least an order in terms of quality what's the best way to stream?

how should I know that?

music service
music app
music connect

??

Thanks!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231108_114006.jpg
    Screenshot_20231108_114006.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 35
Top Bottom