• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 340 65.9%

• Total voters

Ysl

Beta Firmware 1.2.05
System
1. Optimized the compatibility issues of individual AV amplifiers
2. Optimized the problem that the music library list occasionally automatically slides to the top.
3. Optimized the problem of incorrect playback order of streaming media services
4. Optimized some translations
5. Optimized the input and output interface display
6. Optimized the audio input playback details interface
7. When the input source is played by the built-in player, the spectrum function is added (multi-channel DSD is not supported)
8. Optimized the problem that the music service occasionally cannot obtain playlists.
9. Optimized the background display of the playback details interface
10. Added more playback details themes
11. Optimized the issue of file manager SMB crashing occasionally.
12. Optimized the sorting function of music services
13. Optimized the music service filtering function
14. Optimized the function of creating a new playlist in the music library
15. Optimized the file manager list display album cover function
16. Optimized the problem of occasional application crash when there are too many songs in the playlist.
17. Optimized the display of artist album number
18. Optimized the problem of WEBDAV editing server error
19. Optimized the problem that the WIFI password cannot be connected normally when there are spaces at the beginning and end.
20. Added spectrum display switch on playback details interface
21. Added spectrum mode setting
22. Optimized the acquisition of track artist information
23. Optimized the CD drive mounting speed
24. Optimized the problem of CD RIPPER occasionally losing music
25. Optimized the problem of occasional errors in CD RIPPER
26. Optimized the problem that some CD drives cannot recognize it.
27. Added CD drive access prompt function
28. Optimized the DLNA seamless playback function (NextAVTransportURI)
29. Optimized the issue where local album pictures were not displayed occasionally.
30. Optimized the album skipping function
31. Optimized online music address support
32. Optimized M3U audio playback
33. Added EMBY music service
34. Added PLEX music service
35. Optimized the problem that the file manager cannot play tracks when in screen saver mode.
36. Optimized the problem that the track start sound will lose 200 milliseconds when the sampling rate and format change.
37. Optimized the problem that the VU meter and spectrum cannot be switched between each other on the mobile phone details interface.
38. Optimized Internet Radio data acquisition
39. Added the function of manually adding radio stations to Internet Radio
40. Optimized playback stability
41. Optimized system stability
Mobile APP
Android (v1.11.08)
IOS(v1.0.60)
1. Optimized the sorting function of music services
2. Optimized the network image acquisition function
3. Optimized the playback details interface
4. Optimized input source settings
5. Optimized the random play function
6. Optimized the problem of incorrect playlist display
7. Optimized the problem of slow display of album track playing status
8. Optimized cloud disk data acquisition
9. Added EMBY music service
10. Added PLEX music service
11. Optimized application stability
12. Optimized some other issues

muezhic

Beta Firmware 1.2.05
System
1. Optimized the compatibility issues of individual AV amplifiers
Interesting, seems to be a "pre-beta" early look. Details here: EverSolo DMP-A6 beta firmware v1.2.05
Bottom of the firmware page to get to v1.2.05, download using "official download" or "alternate download" from the web page, copy zip file to USB drive (do not unzip first), place USB drive in DMP-A6, select USB update, select USB drive, select the file (the original downloaded file, do not unzip first). Forum post says you cannot go back, so proceed at your own risk. (note that if you try to unzip the downloaded file, both mac and DMP say unsupported file, but do not try to unzip first, the DMP uses the downloaded file directly). I had to reconnect to my DMP using the QR code method, but may have nothing to do with the upgrade, I have had to do that before for unknown reasons. (made some edits to this post). I have no first hand knowledge of this pre-release, just what I read in the post above.
IMG_4099.jpg

Last edited:

muezhic

Interesting, seems to be a "pre-beta" early look. Details here: EverSolo DMP-A6 beta firmware v1.2.05
Bottom of the firmware page to get to v1.2.05, download using "official download" or "alternate download" from the web page, copy zip file to USB (do not unzip first), place USB in DMP-A6, select USB update, select USB drive, select the file (the original downloaded file, do not unzip first). Forum post says you cannot go back, so proceed at your own risk. (note that if you try to unzip the downloaded file, both mac and DMP say unsupported file, but do not try to unzip first, the DMP uses the downloaded file directly). I had to reconnect to my DMP using the QR code method, but may have nothing to do with the upgrade, I have had to do that before for unknown reasons. (made some edits to this post). I have no first hand knowledge of this pre-release, just what I read in the post above.
Here are some screen shots of the spectrum display, select from upper right next to the VU selection, last two show spectrum display options on non-cast settings page.
IMG_4092.PNG
IMG_4093.PNG
IMG_4094.PNG
IMG_4095.PNG

XanderzDad

FYI my Harmony remote finally works with the A6. I was able to program my remote yesterday it’s all working great Note that the “menu” option button for the A6 turns the A6 screen on/off.

I have had the Eversolo for a few months and am really happy with it. I use Qubuz, AirPlay, and music from a hard drive plugged in to my A6. I only use the streaming function connected via USB to my Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 and play through Dynaudio Contour 20 speakers. The words I would use to describe the sound of the A6 are clean, transparent, and engaging. My only request is that there is another screen theme option designed for users that use the A6 in a traditional stereo system. I would like to be able to read the text of the song info clearly from 9 feet away. The font just needs to be a little larger.
Thanks for the heads up - I have managed to get my Harmony remote to control the DMP-A6 :)

jammer76

If I could get one feature added to the EverSolo DMP-A6, it would be to add a 12V trigger out.
I am currently using my EverSolo as a preamp and I love it.

it is already existing:

i brought one and works perfectly but you lost external usb port...

jammer76

in my opinion despite LPS modifications would like to be better to try find out most important missing feature about Room Correction (FIR or IIR)
I tried to ask support but no way to have sdk or something similar to attempt some implementation.
Someone knows some android 11 system APO like IIR or FIR audio processor?

mags65

Forum Donor
it is already existing:

i brought one and works perfectly but you lost external usb port...
That is assuming the receiving device triggers from 5v. My Nord (specced as 12v trigger) unfortunately does not, as the lower trigger level is around 7v as per info from the company.

JeyElDee

Bought it this week and connected it yesterday.
If you want to use this as pre-amp : be very carefull. I first connected it using RCA to an integrated amp and set the output to fixed. (output was variable but at -1 db) Having no sound I noticed that by default only XLR is selected as output. So I changed that to RCA+XLR. Tested some stuff and it took +4 hours to complete the scan of my NAS (LAN is Gigabit, 3TB of music) and got really hot. Sound was ok but than I decided to connect it to my Neuman HK310 active monitors, using XLR - after setting output to variable with a max of -30db and startup volume of -45db. This worked well but, volume control was working fine, but as I did not need the RCA output, I just set it to XLR-only from within the app - what made it work at -1 DB and blow my ears and set the monitors in protection. It seems you need to change the output level (fixed-var) of every output mode seperately.
Also, the webradio app does not work, it needs a new firmware-update that does not exist yet (says the app) ; the Open Radio app works but no presets from the app. However soundwise and usability it seems ok, with 23 GB of ROM out of 30 being used already, it will not stay usable for very long. Sent it back. Sorry.

lordhumungous

Bought it this week and connected it yesterday.
If you want to use this as pre-amp : be very carefull. I first connected it using RCA to an integrated amp and set the output to fixed. (output was variable but at -1 db) Having no sound I noticed that by default only XLR is selected as output. So I changed that to RCA+XLR. Tested some stuff and it took +4 hours to complete the scan of my NAS (LAN is Gigabit, 3TB of music) and got really hot. Sound was ok but than I decided to connect it to my Neuman HK310 active monitors, using XLR - after setting output to variable with a max of -30db and startup volume of -45db. This worked well but, volume control was working fine, but as I did not need the RCA output, I just set it to XLR-only from within the app - what made it work at -1 DB and blow my ears and set the monitors in protection. It seems you need to change the output level (fixed-var) of every output mode seperately.
Also, the webradio app does not work, it needs a new firmware-update that does not exist yet (says the app) ; the Open Radio app works but no presets from the app. However soundwise and usability it seems ok, with 23 GB of ROM out of 30 being used already, it will not stay usable for very long. Sent it back. Sorry.
That why you buy an internal ssd drive for 50 bucks

zeropoint

That is assuming the receiving device triggers from 5v. My Nord (specced as 12v trigger) unfortunately does not, as the lower trigger level is around 7v as per info from the company.
You can buy USB 5V inline stepup (and stepdown) converters.

kacos

I just set it to XLR-only from within the app - what made it work at -1 DB and blow my ears
If you go back to the 1st post (the review) you'll see that RCA and XLR outputs have different voltage.
If you set the A6 to use both RCA+XLR the output is at RCA levels.

..with 23 GB of ROM out of 30 being used already, it will not stay usable for very long..
Really? You have up to 4Tb internal m2 SSD + virtually unlimited USB storage . .
You can also use a NAS with features such as RAID 5/6 etc (which people caring about reliability, resiliency and redundancy do)

Top Bottom