• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 340 65.9%

• Total voters

Jedelar

Currently trying to use Apple Music app via the cast feature on the iPadis not a pleasant experience and basically unusable. I am hoping this can can be updated through future software updates.
Received my Eversolo DMP-A6 2 days ago so I’m still in a learning mode with this device but here are my initial impressions, including setup.

The Eversolo DMP-A6 has a beautiful design as many have said and appears solidly built.
As can be seen in the attached photos:
- I’ve connected the Eversolo to a Lake People G-108 headphone amplifier via the balanced analog XLR connector to output audio through my headphones.
- Also, connected the Eversolo to a NAD Master M10 v2 integrated amplifier via the unbalanced analog RCA connectors and also through the COAX digital connector to output stereo audio through the 2.1 speaker system (DALI Menuet SE bookshelf speakers and KEF KC62 sub).
- Additional system connections: An Apple TV streamer and a BlueRay/CD player feed their signals to the LG TV through HDMI and the TV passes the audio signal from all connected sources to the M10 v2 through the HDMI eARC connection.

SETUP:
I connect the Eversolo directly to the internet when looking to update the Eversolo software or to install apps directly (painless and fast connections). I disconnect the Eversolo from the internet and it in turn switches automatically to WiFi for all the listening.

- Eversolo connections:
The only Inputs I’m using in the Eversolo so far are the Internal Streaming and USB-C.

- Input set to Internal streaming when I want to use the installed apps: Spotify, Amazon Music, Radio Paradise and Apple Music (these are the apps I’m subscribed to in addition to SoundCloud which I couldn’t find the app for during the Eversolo streaming setup). Output is set to either balanced XLR (to feed the headphone amplifier) or to unbalanced RCA (to feed the M10 v2 and speaker system) processing signal through the Eversolo’s DAC or output set to COAX out using the Eversolo as a streamer only and DAC functionality processed by the NAD M10 v2. After listening to the various modes for several weeks I‘ll be checking for any sound quality differences in input/output processing modes. The music‘s sampling rate is whatever the streaming app is feeding the Eversolo. I use the CAST feature on my iPhone Eversolo Control app to control remotely the Eversolo functionality. CAST is a little laggy but functionally it works very well.

- Input set to USB-C to connect the Eversolo to my iPad Pro 11.9 (my preferred mode of usage). In this mode the only available outputs are through the balanced analog XLR to the headphone amp or through the unbalanced analog RCA to the NAD M10 v2. I control the streaming apps from my iPad, including SoundCloud which I have a paying subscription and Tidal connect which works without a paying subscription on my iPad. The Eversolo switches seamlessly between apps as I stream from my iPad.

Sound Quality: I’m no audiophiliac fanatic nor HiFi expert and will take several weeks of listening to assess for any sound quality differences in input/output processing modes but…. no complaints so far. Whatever the music sounded before I included the Eversolo into the system is what I’m getting after getting the Eversolo inserted into the system. I should say that my whole audio set-up is very new…. less than 2 weeks old so it is still in the burning-in stage. As said before, looking forward to weeks of fun listening!!!

Summary of early impressions: I am very very happy with the functionality of the Eversolo DMP-A6. Easy to setup and operate. Flawless operation of the software. Incredibly flexible as I can control it externally from my iPad or remotely by casting the main unit’s operability to the iPhone. So far so good. Time will tell about it’s long term reliability but for now my experience with this device confirms and justifies the good/glowing reviews it has been getting from most reviewers.

One additional comment: my NAD M10 v2 functions magnificently as an integrated amplifier and it has built-in a very good streaming functionality managed by the BlueOS platform software. However, in my modest opinion, the streaming platform of the Eversolo DMP-A6 is far superior in design, ergonomics and specially aesthetics. Enough said.

Attachments

• IMG_3979.jpeg
    IMG_3979.jpeg
    299.8 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_3976.jpeg
    IMG_3976.jpeg
    229.9 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:

UEG

Have more information? We tested two hours and did not repro

Have more information? We tested two hours and did not reproduce the problem.
Yes, very strange. Was working perfectly for me today! Previously, when using control app (Android) and playing DSD file (File manager) from external HD via rear USB, I was able to back out of File manager and return to Home screen but app was unresponsive when pressing Streaming and I was unable to get back to the DSD file without carrying out a restart.

Sound_freq

Another bug? If streaming using Spotify app, you can’t control volume using Ipad, but would have to open and switch to Eversole app, is this correct? @mirror88
Yes, there is no volume control using volume buttons on your phone, tablet or computer using Spotify Connect or Airplay right now, I think I've also seen the same for Tidal Connect mentioned.

CJW

@mirror88 i have a few suggestions/requestes
1) Please add the A6 to the Logitech Harmony database. Being able to use my Harmony remote would be very useful.
2) I really like theme 1 and 2 that displays the artwork and album info but the font is too small to clearly read from 9 feet away, making the themes not very useful a stereo setup. Can a third theme be created focusing on the song data with large enough font that can be clearly seen from a distance of around 9 feet?

I am really enjoying the A6 so far and am looking forward to all of the upcoming updates.

Trev_VM

is it possible to see both toslink out and coax out simultaneously on the Eversolo?

Last edited:

Whodiini

Just received the DMP-A6. One bug that is irritating appears when trying to match the app to the DMP-A6 on an ipad. The app first of all, only works in landscape mode, not portrait mode. Then the app asks you to pair the app with the DMP-A6 by scanning the code on the DMP-A6 with the ipad camera. Not only does it not work, the image that shows up on the ipad is rotated and mirrored so that it is very hard to aim, Imagine you are trying to take a picture and you look at the screen and it is rotated and perhaps flipped so that if you move left, the image moves up. Second, the app beeps when it finds the code and nothing happens except it returns to the prior screen. The only way to pair is to manually enter the IP address.

Kiats

I have been experiencing something interesting recently. Intermittently. Sometimes when the player moves to the next track (whatever the app may be), it is playing but no sound comes out from my amp into my HP. I have experienced this regardless of whether it uses the internal DAC or an external DAC. The only thing to do is to reboot and it seems OK again.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this?

glunge

Will add the volume control in next version.
@mirror88 That is great news , and the deciding factor for not returning the unit back to the vendor.

A few more AIRPLAY bugs to report , The Cambridge CXN V2 in comparison does not exhibit the same behavior as below during Airplay

* Apple Music pauses when making or receiving calls.
* Apple music pauses when opening certain apps simultaneously on iphone eg Decibel Meter.
* Apps like instagram which have sound will also play simultaneously when opened on the phone during Airplay playback.

Do you think there is a chance Airplay Lip Sync issue can be resolved via an update or that is just not possible?
Thank you so much

andyxx

Hi all!
I recently bought a Sabaj a20d 2022 (9038 Pro version) dac to test it and I would need to buy a (cheap) streamer to be linked to it.
I was thinking to this Eversolo, that I would use with its USB output directly to the Sabaj. I know that there's a "master" version with better clocks and some few things but, I'm just wondering if, to use the DMP-A6 as a pure streamer, the master version could really be superior. Differently, I would buy the standard one, since the Accusilicon better clocks (I think), are used only for the DAC part, I won't use.
Ideas/opinions on this as a streamer or others?:) wish you a nice summer all!

amrutmhatre90

Hi all I have been using the Eversolo for a few days, loving it so far but got a few bugs to report.

@mirror88
1. I am using a plex server at home, I am not able view/browse all folders / albums via SMB/ network on the Eversolo app, work arround was to add those Libraries to My Music

2. In Tidal Native app, the sort doesnt work for my collection, only A-Z or Z-A works, recently added etc is not clickable at all.

3. Upon Restart the My Music scanned folders show invalid, needs a scan again for atleast one folder, all folders sync then.

Let me know if you need screenshots to explain.

Btw I am loving the eversolo super device.

Top Bottom